DAA - Q&A with Dr. Dana Houser

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I figured I'd help you out in regards to starting a new thread for DAA.

Here is the question posted over in the other thread:

I love DAA but it causes my existing estro gyno to flare up big time. I have read where others have this same problem. I have also seen bloods where it is shown that DAA increases both estro and prolactin and reduces the T/E ratio. Have you seen any of these issues with your experimentation? Moreover, would you suggest the continued use of DAA in individuals with documented low T having gyno issues with the addition of a good AI?

I, and I'm sure many others, would love your input/insight to this regard. Do you suggest stacking anything w/ DAA if you're prone to any of these sides, or even just nervous about them?

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the thread assistance. DAA has generated a LOT of interest in the body composition world and that is perhaps needless to say, but the original studies were VERY intriguing and it seemed like finally we had a true "holy grail" as the dust settled on yet another crop of PH/PS/DS agents. "Slowly" but surely, sports nutrition companies began using this compound and with fever trying to jump on perhaps the next big thing. When I gave a presentation at the ISSN meeting in 2010, 13 products had already been introduced on the sports nutrition side probably in about an 8-month timeframe that included this ingredient or were solo products!

Anyone who is shifting the HPGA (for people familiar with my writing, you know I do not care for the term HPTA as "T" can mean "Testicular" but also "Thyroid" axis in that setting; so I reserve HPGA for the testes where "G" stands for "Gonadal" and then I leave the HPTA in tact for the thyroid side) can certainly be susceptible to side effects and this is dependent (as many other things) on so many different variables. We'll take estrogen and prolactin in turn because those were the things mentioned.

Estrogen: if we increase testosterone, there is a good chance you will be susceptible to aromatic conversion (the so-called diversification pathway in androgen metabolism)...this is dependent upon a host of things; one more prominent among them would be bodyfat % and keeping in mind that the higher the bodyfat%, the higher the levels of aromatase and higher test levels converting. The unfortunate thing is that the picture doesn't stop there...there are 1000s of things in the environment that increase SHBG. If you suffer concomitant SHBG increases which is even impacted by compounds some companies think they are putting in to make their DAA product "different" may wreak further havoc on the system. See, the unfortunate thing is that SHBG has a higher affinity for testosterone as compared with estrogen. Hopefully you can see how this would be a problem. Picture the coupling now of increased aromatic conversion with higher levels of SHBG with a higher affinity for androgen as opposed to estrogen. So, higher levels of E + lower levels of Free T is a pretty bad pairing I think you'd agree.

Prolactin: This appears to be an issue with long-term administration; not necessarily the short term. We just don't accurately know how to define long-term and short-term. Is long-term defined as anything greater than 12 days (original Italian study data); my suspicion is not from my own data...but probably greater than about 1.5-3 months of straight use. This is not to suggest everyone will have issues. I myself used 3.12 grams of DAA for a full year without concomitant changes in prolactin levels. Keep in mind, prolacin will act as an inhibitor of GnRH at the level of the hypothalamus and LH and FSH at the level of the pituitary. Jesus, now picture this coupled with increased SHBG and estrogen! Needless to say, our T:E ratio has changed precipitously in that setting.

But this is not meant to strike fear in the hearts of men and suggest it a poor test-promoting agent; at least not if cogniscent of the potential for all this to happen. The issue with just employing an AI is perhaps obvious UNLESS you are using it in the short term. If using it in the long-term, then we have the issue of prolactin to now contend with...that said, should we employ agents that stimulate dopamine which sounds very good on paper? Dopamine inhibits prolactin.

But now, what to do about long-term use of a dopamine agonist. Well - pharmaceutically speaking, cabergoline can cause grief with heart valves - NO WAY MAN! Bromocriptine has a lot of uncomfortable effects (nausea and orthostatic hypotension being big ones); possibly less pertient with short-acting forms. Plus, you could see lowering of blood sugar which will lower inert insulin levels and could at least hypothetically-speaking make SHBG levels increase...WTF! Now what? How about long-term use of dietary supplements that would act as a dopamine agonist? Well, now we have the final concern...if keeping dopamine agonist on board keeps dopamine secretion in the "on" postition, what's going to stop downregulation of dopamine receptors?

WOW - so how to summarize all of that?

Probably what would be best is a scheme that looks more like this:

(1) < 1 month: add AI
(2) > 1 month: add intermittent use of dopamine agonist to DAA + AI in a 5 on, 2 off -or- 3 on, 1 off fashion (I prefer the 5 on, 2 off "Weekend Holdiay" pattern for most things micro-cycled).
(3) Consider stopping at a max of 3 months (for now, until I can grab cummulative data - it will be on-going) if you do see a flare in side effects.

* What people think is that they can alter the system (their own system) to get a good end result without the potential for sides. What might be a reasonable offering is to make people understand that it's also ok to use other things, not necessarily every day alongside your primary ergogenic aid...but in mico-cycle fashion to avoid even further side effect by the addition of the "side effect protector." This is just not realistic.

Any takers in partaking in some closer monitoring of this protocol? Feel free to contact me VIA PM; do not post this in this thread.

Thanks,

D_

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
As far as dopamine agonists go how do you feel about pramipexole? It is supposed to be better than caber with less sides, I've only used it to reduce the refractory period(non existent) Would it be a better choice in the above scenario?

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Well, in the department of cardiac valvular sides that may be true - unfortunately, I am unaware of data that has explicitly looked at this. It does harbor predilection for D3 receptors, the receptor responsible for many of Bromocriptine's effects (HA, dizziness, Orthostatic Hypotension, etc...). So, it may take out Caber's cardiac stuff; but not Bromo's "generally annoying" stuff. That said, there is a very unique hyperalgesia (probably the most exquisite as far as dopamine agonists go) associated with pramipexole...kind of a very sensitive all-over muscle pain. I am uncertain anyone would want to experience this. It may be avoided with Dexpramipexole, the enantiomer of pramiproxole - but again, there are a lot of unknown variables here.

Now, all this said...I would have trouble recommending anything of this status in self-medication circles. It'd just be irresponsible of me as I don't have the data to back up anything here. What I am saying is that it is very much so interesting discussion only.

D_

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Well, in the department of cardiac valvular sides that may be true - unfortunately, I am unaware of data that has explicitly looked at this. It does harbor predilection for D3 receptors, the receptor responsible for many of Bromocriptine's effects (HA, dizziness, Orthostatic Hypotension, etc...). So, it may take out Caber's cardiac stuff; but not Bromo's "generally annoying" stuff. That said, there is a very unique hyperalgesia (probably the most exquisite as far as dopamine agonists go) associated with pramipexole...kind of a very sensitive all-over muscle pain. I am uncertain anyone would want to experience this. It may be avoided with Dexpramipexole, the enantiomer of pramiproxole - but again, there are a lot of unknown variables here.

Now, all this said...I would have trouble recommending anything of this status in self-medication circles. It'd just be irresponsible of me as I don't have the data to back up anything here. What I am saying is that it is very much so interesting discussion only.

D_
I totally understand, the effects of this substance are most certainly noticeable and all the unpleasant sides that you stated are immediately apparent. Tiny doses. but I was speaking in hypothetical terms only, I know you could not recommend any such protocol

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, my experience with pramipexole isn't there. If relying on pharmaceutical versions of dopamine agonists to treat things of a neuroendocrine order considering the HPGA, then I would have to stick with tried and true agents like Caber and Bromocriptine; but I hear you. It does offer interesting conceptualization of the situation; but I am just unsure how best to respond without having experience with it myself.

I can likely say it MAY very well avoid some issue, but the narrow therapeutic index concerns me. If you take into consideration volume of distribution, I am uncertain what kind of "tiny" dose you are talking about. While tiny may be very nice in terms of side effects; it doesn't mean you'd ever hit the therapeutic realm...so unfortunately, I don't know how best to direct you here and that's kind of what I was getting at. I don't like sounding "wishy-washy" in response and MAY is a junky word to use, but it's all I have at this time.

D_

Reactions: mw1
OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I cant wait for all of this.... im giddy.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
.25 milligram but again I wasn't using it to reduce prolactin long term only for the weekend if you catch my drift. It is indeed potent stuff

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so for 90 days run of DAA i can add this?

Stimulate removal of estrogen from the body

calcium-D-glucarate, tocotrienols and I3C

Block estrogen receptor binding

7,8-benzoflavone are effective in blocking estrogen receptor-binding sites and reducing aromatase activity.

Prolactin

Mucuna Pruiens (40%L-Dopa) "250mg EOD"?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so for 90 days run of DAA i can add this

7,8-benzoflavone are effective in blocking estrogen receptor-binding sites and reducing aromatase activity.

Prolactin

Interesting summary. Let's see what the D says. I'm subbed.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting summary. Let's see what the D says. I'm subbed.
Yes! I can`t wait to start and thinking about add some Resveratrol to the mix with the above goodies (Red wine and lecithin make resveratrol stay more time in the blood)

Red Wine Extract 50% Polyphenols
Grape Seed Extract 95%
Lecithin powder

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This table is a good example :)
Nice post!! I'd rep but my phone doesn't let me lol

So this shows all the pathways we can use to get rid of estrogen right?
Is increasing shbg good?

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Nice post!! I'd rep but my phone doesn't let me lol

So this shows all the pathways we can use to get rid of estrogen right?
Is increasing shbg good?
No increasing Shbg is bad, it reduces your free testosterone by binding it and making it unable to attach to androgen receptors

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No increasing Shbg is bad, it reduces your free testosterone by binding it and making it unable to attach to androgen receptors
Yea that's what I figured. So I'm guessing fiber is both good and bad?

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
I have personally been on DAA since june 2010 !!
rare breaks would stretch out from 3 days to 1 week.

no problems except some acne and not at a constant rate (i take a week A.I. probably 2 or 3 doses in a month max and it deals with that)

You do realise >1 month on DAA basically abolishes drug tolerance? for ephedrin, mdma, ketamine etc etc. (perhaps it was just me but my circle is n=5 friends all reporting the same thing so whatever)

For whatever is worth i notice the above effect pretty much on on PA's chelated DAA / DAA+sarcosine too. the regular bulk powder does work but to a very very noticibale weakness of effect!

lastly, taking chelated TF2 in the morning and a strong ph in the evening(SD+Hdrol combo) resulted in a noticable delay in the appearance of hpta shutdown effects. without above they would be evident on day 7 to 10 on similar sd doses in the past. with this it was extended to 20 days before i felt any real signs(no blood tests sorry but 10 years of experience with cycles should give me a decent idea)

in your 1 year trial did you notice any of the above d?

Thanks

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
What about DAA causing severe anxiety in some individuals? I had to stop it completely because of this.... when confronted with a challenging or stressful scenario, my brain would wild and panic set in like never before.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
maybe I will add Sarcosine (N-methylglycine) or Calcium lactate gluconate to DAA?

any experience with both?

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I have read where Dinoii is not a big fan of Resveratrol. It can act as an estrogen agonist in some instances and an estrogen antagonist in others, depending on the environment. There still very little human testing with this product.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

(2) > 1 month: add intermittent use of dopamine agonist to DAA + AI in a 5 on, 2 off -or- 3 on, 1 off fashion (I prefer the 5 on, 2 off "Weekend Holdiay" pattern for most things micro-cycled).
(3) Consider stopping at a max of 3 months (for now, until I can grab cummulative data - it will be on-going) if you do see a flare in side effects.

Would Man sport primal male be a good AI option ?

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Primal Male is a test booster with I3C (estrogen channeling agent) added. I doubt if it would do much for estrogen modulation in the presents of DAA. At least not from my experience. I would recommend either Formestane or possibly Erase. I have tried several others including Formadrol without much success. Formestane at low dosage I think would be best.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Primal Male is a test booster with I3C (estrogen channeling agent) added. I doubt if it would do much for estrogen modulation in the presents of DAA. At least not from my experience. I would recommend either Formestane or possibly Erase. I have tried several others including Formadrol without much success. Formestane at low dosage I think would be best.
I3C used correctly like (DIM @ correct dose *high doses is toxic*) works wonders for me

dontknowaboutme

dontknowaboutme

Awards
I3C used correctly like (DIM @ correct dose *high doses is toxic*) works wonders for me
What do you mean by wonders? What dosage and for how long? I have used I3C, didn't notice much, not that I was expecting much.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was asking about primal male, since if my memorie is right i read on another board that he was the or one of the formulator behind Primal male, I can be wrong do.

Fobra

Fobra

Awards

Would dopamine agonist be something like drive or igf-2 by appnut? I'm running Alpha Mass by FRL and when I'm done with this cycle was planning on running TF2 with Bioforge V3 as pct.

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
every body reacts differently.
i only take the AI when i feel my skin begins to act up. and not for any other reason

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
This thread absolutely blew up! I suppose that's a good thing seeing how it ended up being the first topic on the chopping block. It may take me a moment to respond to everyone and with that I apologize in advance. There are just far many more of you than there are of me.

D_

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
This is a very active site Doc. Not like LB. You may be getting more than you bargined for.

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
so for 90 days run of DAA i can add this?

Prolactin

Uhhh, that might be overkill and I am unsure what I would do with some of the agents. I do agree that if this is what you have gotten out of my previous posts, then this is an "interesting" summary as one author in this thread stated...

Biotest tried to make calcium D-glucarate (CDG) important in one of their products from the past known as "M." There's probably a reason it never went anywhere. I have my own suspicions and it is more mechanistic: Following administration, glucarate is converted to d-glucaro-1,4-lactone, which inhibits beta-glucuronidase. Inhibition of beta-glucuronidase surely CAN be a good thing in various estrogen cascades; but in some androgen pathways...this is not a good thing at all. I am unaware of any studies nor do I have data on the impact with males and androgen levels (please feel free to point us in a direction if you are able). So, I probably dub this one a PASS.

7, 8 benzoflavone is interesting on paper though I admittedly cannot suggest I have a lot of experience with it. My fear, as with any bioflavanoid is that you do have an optimization curve to follow. For people unfamilar with the term, its that there is a consistently "optimal" dose to see suggested effects and above it, things fall off quickly. See, Benzoflavone's parent compound Passiflora incarnata did show worrisome effects [prolonged QT on cardiac studies and Ventricular arrhytmias) at the efficacious dose. [see Toxicity of Passiflora incarnata L. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol. 2000]. Now, I am unsure who is using this compound in the industry, but if the toxicology studies are correct, I can assure you they are likely not using an efficacious dose - which is probably fortunate.

I am fine with use of the other three; the only issues I would suggest being careful of is with long-term use of dopamine agonists like mucuna puriens. I also do not know where the protocol of "250mg EOD" came in, but that is NOT my recommendation...it needs to be a DAILY DOSE for a serum steady state to be achieved. Dependent upon the L-Dopa percentage is where you can rest your hat on milligram dosage.

D_

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Yes! I can`t wait to start and thinking about add some Resveratrol to the mix with the above goodies (Red wine and lecithin make resveratrol stay more time in the blood)

Red Wine Extract 50% Polyphenols
Grape Seed Extract 95%
Lecithin powder
I enjoy all three of the agents you listed here in their AI capacity; but again - same issue may crop up in that you need to dose some exceedingly high.

This table is a good example :)
There are lot of things on that table that, while altering estrogen, also have their own deleterious consequence. I would NEVER suggest things like soy and flaxseed actually; even in small doses. It is not that I think they are detrimental in small dose per se as much as I see no point in seeking out a supplemental source of either when there are better options available.

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Yea that's what I figured. So I'm guessing fiber is both good and bad?
Well, fiber has an essential purpose (stool bulking), but it is far from "nutriative." What I am saying is - I think people oftentimes overdo it. 15-30 grams / day is more than enough for most people. Also, it could impede the absorption of TRULY Nutriative items like vitamins and minerals.

D_

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I have personally been on DAA since june 2010 !!
rare breaks would stretch out from 3 days to 1 week.

no problems except some acne and not at a constant rate (i take a week A.I. probably 2 or 3 doses in a month max and it deals with that)

You do realise >1 month on DAA basically abolishes drug tolerance? for ephedrin, mdma, ketamine etc etc. (perhaps it was just me but my circle is n=5 friends all reporting the same thing so whatever)

For whatever is worth i notice the above effect pretty much on on PA's chelated DAA / DAA+sarcosine too. the regular bulk powder does work but to a very very noticibale weakness of effect!

lastly, taking chelated TF2 in the morning and a strong ph in the evening(SD+Hdrol combo) resulted in a noticable delay in the appearance of hpta shutdown effects. without above they would be evident on day 7 to 10 on similar sd doses in the past. with this it was extended to 20 days before i felt any real signs(no blood tests sorry but 10 years of experience with cycles should give me a decent idea)

in your 1 year trial did you notice any of the above d?

Thanks
That's just it...when I used the product for a year's time; I did NOT experience any sides what-so-ever; but that does NOT mean we don't see reports of just the opposite and the directive as stated above was for those either:

(A) Concerned about the potential for sides

-or-

(B) Have contended with sides, but think the compound still holds merit

I do have blood numbers for my full year, however, and my concern is maintained with prolacin...this is NOT a short-term effect and by about 1.5-2 months in, this number (when looking back) almost universally in the labs of the people I have on it saw an increase, so if your intentions are with using it like the Italian study at 12 days or really anything shorter than a month, I would say - save your money. If your plans include using it longer...well.

I am uncertain how you are referencing the term "tolerance" above...if you could expand upon that and how you feel that relates to my recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it. I could try and say..."if you mean this, then my answer is this," or "if you mean that, then my answer is that." But really - clarification might help a tad.

D_

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I have read where Dinoii is not a big fan of Resveratrol. It can act as an estrogen agonist in some instances and an estrogen antagonist in others, depending on the environment. There still very little human testing with this product.
This is true and you do have to dose it a bit higher than I think could be accurately predicted, contrary to supplement claims...but that does NOT mean I think it doesn't hold promise...we just rush things to market before we really see how best to utilize them sometimes.

D_

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
This is a very active site Doc. Not like LB. You may be getting more than you bargined for.
I can see that; I will just have to take more frequent breaks...like right now. ;-)

D_

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the heads up Dana so what did you recommend as an AI for a 90 days DAA run?

BTW the Mucuna Pruiens “protocol” is for me I used this for 6 months without break of this stuff at the point I start see “weird things” if I can say hallucinations?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
HAHA, you know what I think is interesting how I must have a poop of load of dopamine autoreceptors, cuz the higher I go on mucana, the more I realize this stuff has no negative effects on me, I am always super motivated, and on it, I just get more motivated, cognition goes up, all along temper but I still never experience those awful side effects. Although I always wondered what it would be like to hallucinate LMAO.

Hey Dana, what do you think of using naringin with mucana to extend the half life? I have done this with great results and could dose it less throughout the day due to its short half life. I also notice it allows me to do the 5 on and 2 off protocol with no prolactin rebound. Another thing I have noticed is that people very distant from me and are unable to bond with me due to what I assume are lower levels of oxycotin.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HAHA, you know what I think is interesting how I must have a poop of load of dopamine autoreceptors, cuz the higher I go on mucana, the more I realize this stuff has no negative effects on me, I am always super motivated, and on it, I just get more motivated, cognition goes up, all along temper but I still never experience those awful side effects. Although I always wondered what it would be like to hallucinate LMAO.

Hey Dana, what do you think of using naringin with mucana to extend the half life? I have done this with great results and could dose it less throughout the day due to its short half life. I also notice it allows me to do the 5 on and 2 off protocol with no prolactin rebound. Another thing I have noticed is that people very distant from me and are unable to bond with me due to what I assume are lower levels of oxycotin.
LOL this happen maybe 3 times stacked with Huperzine A (400mcg daily) and this is hell combo i got bad dreams all nigth but i down the dose of Huperzine A and got randoms (less) dreams.

Huperzine A is strong stuff.

what dose of Mucuna Pruiens you use?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
LOL this happen maybe 3 times stacked with Huperzine A (400mcg daily) and this is hell combo i got bad dreams all nigth but i down the dose of Huperzine A and got randoms (less) dreams.

Huperzine A is strong stuff.

what dose of Mucuna Pruiens you use?
HA I always use huzperine A because its somastatin inhibiting properties, great stuff indeed. RIght now probably over 500mgs. It depends like I will take 3 caps of of IGF-2 and then another 2 caps of the new Activate before another session all on empty stomachs and with huzperine A. Then a bed time dose mixture of IGF-2 with HGHup. I do plan on trying her doses for temporary to see if I get any dramatic results. I know my dopamine is shy high because I am very coordinated, extremely motivated, LOVE music, put myself before others, lack lots of empathy if not any empathy at all, can last forever in the sack and am very mean if need be to get my justification. I just tend not to get the crazy sides people get from dopamine. The ONLY time I get paranoia is if I am under a scenario where I am not in control of myself such as plane or car rides, heights, things of that nature.
If you don't mind me asking my puerto rican brother from another mother, what dose of mucana are you taking?

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
I am interested too in what AI you would recommend for long term usage? I am currently using 3g DAA ED and 0,5mg Arimidex eod. I am loving the results so far.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HA I always use huzperine A because its somastatin inhibiting properties, great stuff indeed. RIght now probably over 500mgs. It depends like I will take 3 caps of of IGF-2 and then another 2 caps of the new Activate before another session all on empty stomachs and with huzperine A. Then a bed time dose mixture of IGF-2 with HGHup. I do plan on trying her doses for temporary to see if I get any dramatic results. I know my dopamine is shy high because I am very coordinated, extremely motivated, LOVE music, put myself before others, lack lots of empathy if not any empathy at all, can last forever in the sack and am very mean if need be to get my justification. I just tend not to get the crazy sides people get from dopamine. The ONLY time I get paranoia is if I am under a scenario where I am not in control of myself such as plane or car rides, heights, things of that nature.
If you don't mind me asking my puerto rican brother from another mother, what dose of mucana are you taking?
LOL
I bought some from BAC (40%) and used 500mg-1g before bed but yeah I know Huperzine and Arginine are somatostatin inhibitors but anyway I droped Huperzine for now. in some cases I sleep too deep and never hear the alarm :p

Note: did you hold water using Huperzine? In the morning I pee a LOT :eek:

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL
I bought some from BAC (40%) and used 500mg-1g before bed but yeah I know Huperzine and Arginine are somatostatin inhibitors but anyway I droped Huperzine for now. in some cases I sleep too deep and never hear the alarm :p

wat product ha huperzine in it? And is it diuretic, or are you saying you sleep all night so you pee a lot in the am? lol

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
LOL

DId not hold water but do get a slight diuretic effect.

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
What about DAA causing severe anxiety in some individuals? I had to stop it completely because of this.... when confronted with a challenging or stressful scenario, my brain would wild and panic set in like never before.
I am uncertain DAA would ignite a fiery anxiety-prone individual, but that's just it...we're truly uncertain on many of the brain effects.

What can be said is that NMDA receptor ANTAGONISTS are used successfully to combat ventral hippocampal source anxiety. On paper, no one could contest what you're saying. I am just inclined to believe that because so few are suggesting anxiety as a side effect, it may be those who were very anxiety-prone to begin (i.e. - before the supplement). We DO have a study underway to evaluate the psychosocial effects of the compound alongside the prototypical biochemical patterns (i.e. - testosterone, estrogen, et al...), so stay tuned for more on this...

DAA certainly wouldn't be the first amino to cause "anxiety" however. How do you react to tyrosine (kind of the prototypical example of an anxiety-provoking amino)?

maybe I will add Sarcosine (N-methylglycine) or Calcium lactate gluconate to DAA?

any experience with both?
We have not studied sarcosine with DAA although Patrick Arnold did supply me with some of his Test Force variety DAA (+ an AI, which I cannot disclose as I am unaware if the product + the AI will ever come to fruition) in order to potentially go to market with something in clinical trial format. We have since modified the original product and are running clinical trials on the alternative. That said, only two guys were recruited who got the lab work done (12 were given the product in all, out of an anticipated 20) whose results are surely being looked at, but with an n of 2, its very hard to approximate what any of it means.

NO to Primale Male

You are correct on the Formestane, although I don't know what is present in the product "Erase" (please post ingredients to products to help out my stream of return response; do not assume I know what the product contains, I am usually interested in very FEW supplements formulated in this industry)

What do you mean by wonders? What dosage and for how long? I have used I3C, didn't notice much, not that I was expecting much.
What I can tell you (as I don't know what he meant by the explative "wonders" either) is that our guys who use I3C to see significant effect need to use on the order of 200mg three times a day and so on. This ingredient is based on volume of distribution (in other words, how big you are) and quite frankly some of our guys are sitting at 240-250 lbs...the dose is NOT the same (by any stretch) to the say 165-180 pound male. Anyone who tells you it is - is truly full of it.

Now, all that said...if you did want to incoporate I3C as an estrogen-channeling agent with DAA, then it could probably be dosed lower in the acute setting...in other words, I don't know that we'd need multiple times daily...but take the compound directly with the DAA.

I was asking about primal male, since if my memorie is right i read on another board that he was the or one of the formulator behind Primal male, I can be wrong do.
This was actually a product I did with MAN Sports, but understand a few things...this was also the very LAST product I did with them. I felt we had very different creative directions with product development. For instance (maybe a very minor point), supplements that have zinc and copper in the same caps are not developed well at all...these two supplements should be done at DIFFERENT times of the day. There was a lot of issue getting the correct version of Eucommia (there are VERY different extractions and so forth to use and it has to be 100% correct in order to get the end product you want).

There's a reason we parted ways shortly thereafter. This is not the only company that didn't abide by all the "rules" I put forth in creating products - and likely won't be the only one I speak out against in this subforum. The "rules" are there usually for efficacy or side effect rationale...when people don't abide by them, they must understand the relationship will end up in divorce. I am VERY picky about supplement design.

Would dopamine agonist be something like drive or igf-2 by appnut? I'm running Alpha Mass by FRL and when I'm done with this cycle was planning on running TF2 with Bioforge V3 as pct.
Again, I have no idea what's in half of these products...could you post ingredient profiles please?

every body reacts differently.
i only take the AI when i feel my skin begins to act up. and not for any other reason
I couldn't agree with you more; the only thing we can ever base most of our statements on is what might be the "majority" of cases.

I unfortunately can not agree with the science behind your "skin" offering because that is an androgen-mediated effect, NOT an estrogen one if you are talking about acne lesions.

Thanks for the heads up Dana so what did you recommend as an AI for a 90 days DAA run?

BTW the Mucuna Pruiens “protocol” is for me I used this for 6 months without break of this stuff at the point I start see “weird things” if I can say hallucinations?
I do like formestane (topical or oral, although most oral products still available are very underdosed). The only worthwhile supplemental form was perhaps Molecular Nutrition's product back in the day. I know CEL has a topical version I enjoy.

Other OTC AIs:

mild - Resveratrol, Grapeseed, Vitamin D (probably the best known)
potent - 6-Bromo (if you can still find it), Formestane

ADex if used with your physician...Letrozole is too hard to control serum levels and dose accordingly. Its a relative pain in the a**.

D_

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
Great answers Doc. Much appreciated!

There is a lot debate on how long one should use an AI due to lipid changes and such. For how long would you advice one to run a cycle of DAA+ one of the potent AIs you mention? (6-bromo, formestane or Arimidex). Would the AI lose effect over time in terms of reducing estrogen and boosting testosterone?

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Great answers Doc. Much appreciated!

There is a lot debate on how long one should use an AI due to lipid changes and such. For how long would you advice one to run a cycle of DAA+ one of the potent AIs you mention? (6-bromo, formestane or Arimidex). Would the AI lose effect over time in terms of reducing estrogen and boosting testosterone?
Well, type 2 (non-steroidal) AIs shouldn't have an effect on the lipid panel. Unfortunately there are very few times we can say that something is true 100% of the time. Studies initially done didn't suggest a lot of effect, which made the efforts plausible. Granted, its on women as its a breast cancer chemotherapeutic aid, and quite frankly...that's what will be studied.

Dewar J., Nabholtz J-M., Bonneterre J., Buzdar A., Robertson J. F., Thurlimann B. The effect of anastrozole (Arimidex) on serum lipids: data from a randomized comparison of anastrozole (AN) versus tamoxifen (TAM) in postmenopausal (PM) women with advanced breast cancer (ABC). Breast Cancer Res. Treat., 64: 51 2000.

A smaller study (n = 44) that compared lipids at baseline and after 32 weeks of treatment with anastrozole.

Wojtacki J., Kruszewski W. J., Les’niewski-Kmak K., S’liwin’ska M., Czyzewska K., Kruszewska E. Short-term effects of anastrozole therapy on serum lipid profile in patients with breast cancer, previously treated with tamoxifen. Preliminary report. Nowotwory, 51: 43-47, 2001.

6-Bromo tears up the lipids as does Formestane (the latter only if ingested orally). Understand that with ADex, whille it doesn't initially do it (as above); you will eventual have substrate compensation. In other words, when altering the level of inherent androgens; your body will respond in a fashion that may LOOK deleterious, but isn't always the case.

Take someone post-cycle...many people get excited to see high total and LDL cholesterol, but in this model, that is the time when someone would be androgenetically-depleted and as such, need substrate (read: cholesterol) to regenerate lost test levels.

To answer your questions; I am limited by liability, BUT what I can say is we have run enough people for a 3-month stretch to date that I am ok with you attempting that protocol. While longer-term runs have been used in regards to DAA (myself included), I cannot say they are anything BUT preliminary to date.

The AI would possibly lose effect over time (as with anything hormonal) BUT - we don't usually use AIs indefinite either; there's usually a projected course (say x months post-cycle or y months monotherapy in attempts to decrease gyno size, etc...).

D_

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
I unfortunately can not agree with the science behind your "skin" offering because that is an androgen-mediated effect, NOT an estrogen one if you are talking about acne lesions.

D_
I understand your reasoning perfectly, i should have mentioned that i also do not understand why taking an A.I. clears the problems up in a day.
it just so happens that it works for me. and its a single night dose of a week AI at that (gaspari's novodex)

as for the drug tolerance effect, i think i can explain. i know find that everything i used to double or triple dose(or even stop feeling it work) is back to single dosing for full effects. everything feels like the very first time. mdma, k, even ephedrin and caffeine. and the effect has been maintained since july 2010.

the one possible synergy could possibly be that almost concurrently the whole time since june 2010 i was taking a herbal mix of Catuaba/Horny Goat/Muirapauma and Maca (from viable herbalsolutions) but this mix i started before the DAA and while it helped with libido and a subtle energy boost/better sleep it had none of the effects i experienced after DAA and chelated DAA in particular.

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot Doc. Great answer!

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
this has been an excellent thread, thanks so uch for the information. This makes me think twice about using DAA. Do you have recommendations for AI and dopamine agonist?