Allow me to Introduce Myself to those who have not had interaction with me...

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
My name is Dana Houser; I am a medical doctor who has worked in the dietary supplement industry more than half of my life (about 20 years). I have worked as active formulator with about 18 companies over that span; am currently working with two - one life extension, one sports nutrition...it is very hard to work with multiple companies from the same sector of the industry at once as it does nothing more than offer you products competing with others; which you could obviously see that as a conflict of interest, I am sure.

I am not your prototypical doctor in many ways and I think you will see that in time. I do harbor certification with the International Society of Sports Nutrition (CISSN) in addition to other post-graduate certificates in the fields of nutrition, endocrinology, and metabolism for those curious about my credentials. There are other "Ask Dr. Houser" subforums on the internet which you could learn more about me if curious.

Current projects include a clinical trial on DAA which will probably offer a lot of "answers" to the agent's usage in multiple studies in the early part of next year; I likely have the largest data set behind DAA as far as experience and have used the agent at a year's length myself without clinical sign of side effects (which everyone tends to get nervous about). I am also putting the finishing touches on a book regarding testosterone deficiency of the aging male; which should be available with the purchase of product for free in the early part of the 1st quarter of next year (however, I am uncertain if this will have delays...it is very hard to tell in this industry; that's an optimistic date).

Some may be familiar with some of my previous work (will just offer a few industry highlight, if you have further questions, just ask):

(1) Post-Cycle Therapy (PCT): A Clinician's View - this is actually being turned into a book offering with a LOT of updates since it's original on-line publication in 2004. This did offer the spin off presentation at the ISSN's national conference in Clearwater Beach, FL back in 2010 on post-cycle therapeutics.

(2) BodyOpus: Reloaded - this is my official tribute to Dan Duchaine; kind of updating his now infamous book in article format. I am also taking this material in an even more updated format to publication, but will have to retire the name "BodyOpus" as you may be able to get away with that legally as article title, but when taking it to book format, and without knowing who own's the rights to the name...it gets a little more sticky legally.

(3) Body PRIME - an e-book released in 2008 was more of a fat-loss blueprint which has since gone on to do very well in underground circuits.

(4) The Clinical Underground - this is my "underground" newsletter which will likely be going to print form...started in 2003 in its first stint as something called "The Striated Times" but was retired after 9 monthly issues. I was fortunate enough to give the publication not only one, but two re-births with the forthcoming re-introduction...in 2007 and now again in 2012. Look for this as it gained a lot of attention and was something that took me by surprise gaining over 20,000 active subscribers in a VERY short period.

(5) I do own my own company - called Medical Muscle, LLC - which specializes in dietary supplement/training/dietary design as well as have multiple research divisions alongside a pharmacovigilance arm for industry monitoring of side effects. The company has been around since August 20, 2000 and has assisted 12,000+ clients in 18 different countries.

I do appreciate the chance to introduce myself on a more widespread basis to the Anabolic Minds crowd (although I may have had interaction with some of you as I am not necessarily a stranger to this board). I look forward to future interactions with all of you and hope that the section intrigues you and possibly offers you a more academic/in-depth look at the topic of sports nutriton/supplementation/exercise/and even pharmaceutic agents which may not be as easily discussed in other sectors. I welcome any and all questions and will try and stretch myself as thin as possible to get them all; but do understand that I have many other projects going on and it will be at a "earliest convenience" form at busier times of the year.

Thanks for listening...

D_

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice to have you along here man. The more gurus the better. I'm especially interested in pct protocols because importing serms to japan just seems risky to me.
Know any good compounds I can buy out here that aren't available in the states? ;)

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice to meet you!

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
Same here really interested in your PCT protocols :)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome to AM. Glad to have you and your knowledge here to learn from ;)

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very cool! Love the idea of this section. I've read several insightful articles/posts of yours so it's exciting to have you here (especially as this is the only bb forum I frequent nowadays).

suresha

Awards
  • Established
glad to have you on board

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
DR,

I love DAA but it causes my existing estro gyno to flare up big time. I have read where others have this same problem. I have also seen bloods where it is shown that DAA increases both estro and prolactin and reduces the T/E ratio. Have you seen any of these issues with your experimentation? Moreover, would you suggest the continued use of DAA in individuals with documented low T having gyno issues with the addition of a good AI?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice to see you here again dionii long time my friend!

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to AM and have read many of your post/studies.

Are you still doing the Newsletter or will this take place of that?

alkaline.

Awards
hey, dr. houser! i have "spoken" to you a few times on the boards at RX.
good to see you have your own section over here!
i'll definitely be reading and i look forward to your posts! :)

romangod

romangod

Awards
Test Boosters

Great to have you on board. As a guy in his 50's, I would appreciate better insight on cycling test boosters and their impact on estrogen.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Welcome Dana freakin awesome that your here, been following your work for years lol

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Welcome to the board doc. Man I learned a lot from you back in the discount anabolic forum days

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Nice to have you along here man. The more gurus the better. I'm especially interested in pct protocols because importing serms to japan just seems risky to me.
Know any good compounds I can buy out here that aren't available in the states? ;)
SERMs are not always "necessary" and, in some cases, actually a detriment. I would invest more time in having a licensed practitioner getting you covered with hCG, which plays a much more quintessential role in hypothalamic recovery.

As for legality; I would have to verify laws and such as I'd be lying to you if I told you I had all the various agents down cold as I unfortunately do not practice in Japan.

Tell ya what - if you are curious about an agent in particular...let me know and I will try and offer assistance on how it might be best utilized in PCT efforts, if at all.

D_

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Same here really interested in your PCT protocols :)
DR,

I love DAA but it causes my existing estro gyno to flare up big time. I have read where others have this same problem. I have also seen bloods where it is shown that DAA increases both estro and prolactin and reduces the T/E ratio. Have you seen any of these issues with your experimentation? Moreover, would you suggest the continued use of DAA in individuals with documented low T having gyno issues with the addition of a good AI?
Great to have you on board. As a guy in his 50's, I would appreciate better insight on cycling test boosters and their impact on estrogen.
These are ALL great topics for individual threads and may need to be started, but I will leave that up to you guys how you want this thing to be run.

I could easily see a thread devoted to 1) DAA; 2) PCT Protocols; as well as 3) The Decline of T and Test-boosting for the Aged Male

I have been part of bodybuilding forums since 1997 or so (the ole days of Syntrax versus Biotest)...I think things get a bit clouded when all posted in one big conglomerate thread and people become disinterested and/or won't get what they want out of the subforum when searching for an answer.

Is that your guys' experience on these things?

D_

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Very cool! Love the idea of this section. I've read several insightful articles/posts of yours so it's exciting to have you here (especially as this is the only bb forum I frequent nowadays).
Well, this is kind of the board that's truly making advancements by leaps and bounds and it seems to be what would keep me up with the "in crowd"

glad to have you on board
Thank you.

So are you done at lb? You barely ever posted there anymore so i wasn't sure
Well, I wouldn't rule out changes being necessary. The forum was anchored by the "regulars" and kind of did it's thing but admittedly has faded a bit. I was told that I was the only reason some members ever went there and they'd read my subforum and move on. While I am flattered, purpose of being there was to hopefully enlighten some. That said, I do hold the owners of the board there in high regard; so we will see what happens.

Thanks; good to be here...look forward to future interaction with you.

Nice to see you here again dionii long time my friend!
It has been a long time. I wonder how many people will get my handle correct? :laugh:

Welcome to AM and have read many of your post/studies.

Are you still doing the Newsletter or will this take place of that?
Hey, how are you? I certainly recognize your name.

The newsletter will re-launch into the new year, although it has once again undergone a facelift and will actually likely be seen in the form of a print magazine put out only quarterly (I don't find info changes drastic enough to put something out monthly and still wind up with something high-caliber).

hey, dr. houser! i have "spoken" to you a few times on the boards at RX.
good to see you have your own section over here!
i'll definitely be reading and i look forward to your posts! :)
Hey there! Yeah - new radio show up tonight (I believe 8:00pm for those interested...discussions on the topics of epigenetics and methylation alongside sexual drives and energies).

A lot of funny stories behind what was going on when we taped it too. It was actually fun to do and they called upon me a bit earlier instead of having Jeff the Producer do the intro...so there is perhaps a bit more light-hearted side.

Welcome Dana freakin awesome that your here, been following your work for years lol
Hey Backer...you too are someone I recognize. How's it been?

Welcome to the board doc. Man I learned a lot from you back in the discount anabolic forum days
Wow; now only if I can get someone from the Syntrax forum days like I did when I began posting with Discount Anabolics I'd be set. Yeah; again...DA was an example of a forum that had a lot of potential; but when Chris Gatchis sold the company and took over at Axis Labs and subsequently MAN Sports; it kind of went to hell and with it - about 4 years of good information. There were too many secret relationships and things also being screened out before long which kind of made it cumbersome to post there any longer...hence, the efforts of jumping ship at the 4-year mark and starting things up at Lean Bulk.

There's a lot of history in all these boards and the industry in general. Hopefully people can appreciate it...a lot of similar names over here of people who would frequent many boards, so it would be interesting to hear everyone's stories for sure.

D_

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
It's really good to be here.

Thanks again to everyone for the very large response to this...

D_

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I got the email today mentioning your arrival here. Very happy to have you with us and, believe me, I will be picking your brain from time to time.

I'd like to look into some of your work - I need a good read on the bus to work. And I'm particularly interested in the studies with DAA.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glad to have you hear. :D

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SERMs are not always "necessary" and, in some cases, actually a detriment. I would invest more time in having a licensed practitioner getting you covered with hCG, which plays a much more quintessential role in hypothalamic recovery.

As for legality; I would have to verify laws and such as I'd be lying to you if I told you I had all the various agents down cold as I unfortunately do not practice in Japan.

Tell ya what - if you are curious about an agent in particular...let me know and I will try and offer assistance on how it might be best utilized in PCT efforts, if at all.

D_
Thanks dr d. I will. Soon as I find something here :).

Oh one thing about calcium di glucarate, what do you think about it's benefits go estrogen clearance? Do you think it should be used in PCT? Or as a staple? Also, what estrogens does it metabolize?

Thanks again!!

Matt.

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I got the email today mentioning your arrival here. Very happy to have you with us and, believe me, I will be picking your brain from time to time.

I'd like to look into some of your work - I need a good read on the bus to work. And I'm particularly interested in the studies with DAA.

Sounds good. I look forward as well.

Glad to have you hear. :D
Thank you sir.

Welcome!!
Hey Click!

Wow; been a long time. Nice to hear from you.

D_

alkaline.

Awards
dr. h, is your "Body PRIME" e-book currently available anywhere?
sounds interesting. i'd like to check it out.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I want welcome you as well and feel you will be a HUGE asset to this board.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome D... Back in my Anabolic days your PCT theories were always helpful!

Good to have you around.

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
dr. h, is your "Body PRIME" e-book currently available anywhere?
sounds interesting. i'd like to check it out.
I could possibly open it up to Anabolic Minds forum members and send copies upon request. The only issue that could crop up would be one of copyrights as this was put out with another group; while I am part copyright owner...I am not the complete owner (despite being the sole author; I know funny reality - welcome to my world).

I want welcome you as well and feel you will be a HUGE asset to this board.
Thanks for the welcome kind sir.

Welcome D... Back in my Anabolic days your PCT theories were always helpful!

Good to have you around.
Yeah, we probably are in need of a nice PCT thread for this board. There are many plans forthcoming...

D_

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Loving the PCT idea. I wanna see what your takes on how far we can get away with not using a SERM for PCT. As much as I dont mind using SERMs, I just have a hard time getting them...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome to the board!

I look forward to our conversations ;)

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Loving the PCT idea. I wanna see what your takes on how far we can get away with not using a SERM for PCT. As much as I dont mind using SERMs, I just have a hard time getting them...
Well - this is agent, dose, time dependent I am afraid, so you may not get a universal response from me.

Its more likely case-dependent.

Welcome to the board!

I look forward to our conversations ;)
I do as well; heck, I already have.

D_

j2048b

Awards
WOW THE BIG DOC H!!1 IS NOW IN "THIS HOUSE"!!! WORKED WITH DOC A COUPLE TIMES, BUT I FAILED MISERABLY! NOT HIM, BUT ME! HE IS AN AWESOME, VERY WELL EDUCATED, SMART GUY! JUST HOPE HE CONTINUES TO HAVE TIME HERE.....