No pump

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I am 49 and have not been able to get any muscle pump after my sets. It has been going on for a while. Carbs do not seem to make a difference. Any ideas? I know it does not mean you are not working the muscle, but I liked the feeling!! Is it an age related deal?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
How's your water consumption? What's your workout routine look like?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I drink water continuously all day. I would say in the range of almost 2 gallons a day. As far as my training routine it is a DC format on MWF with cardio on off days. My legs do not even get pumped after my widow maker set. I have not stopped making gains but I just wonder why no muscle pump anymore.

MacTech

MacTech

Awards
  • Established
I am 49 and have not been able to get any muscle pump after my sets. It has been going on for a while. Carbs do not seem to make a difference. Any ideas? I know it does not mean you are not working the muscle, but I liked the feeling!! Is it an age related deal?
I will be 52 in a month and find no problem getting a pump and in fact they are much better than ever before.

So you cannot use your age as the reason. :)

2 gallons of water a day, is a lot. Not that it is the cause of your lack of pump.