Pre Workout Suggestions

bsmith

Awards
I'm 48 and need a pre work out pick me up. I usually w/o in the morning so I really can't take something a hour ahead of workout time what do you think?I currently take nothing pre
and take creatine after,minerals at night and multi vitamins during the day but need some help at workout time.
thanks

bsmith

Awards
I see some are taking rpm is that something to consider at my age ?

StrongerNow

StrongerNow

Awards
Pre Workout

I lift early in the morning as well, but still manage to get up and take my Creatine - 2.5gm CEE, and Acetyl Carrnitine - 2.5gm with a total of about 16-24oz of water, and have recently added Hypertrop-x 4gm.

I've used VPX brand Muscle Nitrous on and off, and am not really sure how much improvement in workout intensity it added.

At 51, I've been lifting for a few years and am still stronger than most of my workout partners, though recovery comes a little slower now.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I do two stacks before I go. The first gives me energy:Green Tea 2.8 gms, ALCAR 2.8 gms and ALA also 2.8 The Second really helps me workout and recover during the workout: CEE 5.6 gms, L-Arginine 5.6 gms and Beta Alanine 2.8 gms. The weird quantities are because I cap each of them myself (except the ALA) at about 700 mgms per 00 sized cap. I feel the energy and the BA tingle within a half an hour of taking them. The neat thing is that each of these supps also provides some serious health benefits.

StrongerNow

StrongerNow

Awards
I do two stacks before I go. The first gives me energy:Green Tea 2.8 gms, ALCAR 2.8 gms and ALA also 2.8 The Second really helps me workout and recover during the workout: CEE 5.6 gms, L-Arginine 5.6 gms and Beta Alanine 2.8 gms. The weird quantities are because I cap each of them myself (except the ALA) at about 700 mgms per 00 sized cap. I feel the energy and the BA tingle within a half an hour of taking them. The neat thing is that each of these supps also provides some serious health benefits.
Dutchman - Isn't that a little excessive on the CEE? Do you do more than 1 dose a day, or is that it? I've been using the straight powder form of CEE 2.5gm, which I mix with 1tsp os turbinado sugar to cut the nasty taste. My 2nd dose of CEE is 2.5gm in 3 caps.

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
I lift early in the morning as well, but still manage to get up and take my Creatine - 2.5gm CEE, and Acetyl Carrnitine - 2.5gm with a total of about 16-24oz of water, and have recently added Hypertrop-x 4gm.

I've used VPX brand Muscle Nitrous on and off, and am not really sure how much improvement in workout intensity it added.

At 51, I've been lifting for a few years and am still stronger than most of my workout partners, though recovery comes a little slower now.

I can back up the Hypertrop-X also. 20 to 30 minutes after dose your ready to go. It will kick up your stamina and really improve your workout.

StrongerNow

StrongerNow

Awards
I can back up the Hypertrop-X also. 20 to 30 minutes after dose your ready to go. It will kick up your stamina and really improve your workout.
Tomato Head - Are you using the 4gm dosage? What else do you use pre-workout?

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Tomato Head - Are you using the 4gm dosage? What else do you use pre-workout?

I was using 4, I have just started 5 and am seeing great results. There have been some guys dosing as much as 8, I am not sure I would recommend this but they reported good results. I see such an endurance boost from 4 or 5 and I’m 200lbs so I can’t say I would ever see the need for more. I think I would most likely just loose my lunch on a higher dose. I am not taking anything other than protein with some added BCAA powder, some DHEA during the day and my multi in the morning and evening. Nothing pre-workout. As a matter a fact I was taking some Ephedrine about an hour before and I would hit the wall in the afternoon Laze Dragon from AMS suggested I stop the Ephedrine and sure enough the problem went away as well. Now I just have a small amount of carbs about an hour and a half before the workout and Hypertrop-X 30min before.

kkschaef

kkschaef

Awards
RPM is a great supplement to take at any age. You do need to take it 45-1 hour before training on an empty stomach.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hypertrop-X really works
or
no-shotgun if you like to drink

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really love JP8 from Get Diesel. Picks up well, really good focus, and doesn't crack me out.

GolFNUTT

GolFNUTT

Awards
bsmith,

I'm using VasoCharge by Scivation and it works well for me. You get used to the taste but for me the most important thing is that it works and it also has all the ingredients that are good for your workout. Google it and see what you think. That is if you don't mind a drink.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For a stim, RPM and also Core Zap are solid.

Carl Hungus

Carl Hungus

Awards
BS, I'm about your age and I work out in the AM too. I have used products like White flood, RPM, and my current supp: Ragnarok. My one suggestion with these supps is to start out doing at about half the recommended dose to see how you tolerate the caffiene.

I'm a coffee drinker, but in my upper forties, my heart rate doesn't really like being in the 170's during a workout. I like the additional push the caffiene gives, but sometimes it's a fine line between focus and heart beating out of your chest.

I think there is a caffiene free RPM, but personally, I like the stimulating effects.

Coolkat

Awards
I am 52 and like AM workouts. #1.) it is really important that I get my 7.5 -8.5 hrs. of sleep. I have a home gym so, it's nice. Main point, I have approx. 24 oz of good coffee and I add 15ml of liquid L-Carintine and 10 grams of L-Glutamine to a large glass of water. I am drinking both as I warm up: I.E. - stretching, stationary bike and thru my 1 hr. workout. Do some research on the things. Works for me.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing will give you a better workout then Jacked, for a pre-workout supplement. The Y-DR complex gives you amazing energy, focus and the creatine, beta-alanine and AKG will help you get awesome pumps, better recovery in between sets and help pump out that last rep. I love the stuff:D

SOLRAC

SOLRAC

Awards
I like my Dark Rage, Super Cissus, and Prime stack pre w/o. Great energy, strength, and pumps throughout my workouts. Great recovery between sets. Just added Powerfull into the equation. Feeling pretty damm good.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I personally know many men of 35 and older that use Ragnarok daily for their pre w/o and creatine needs. One of the major benefits other than all of the anti-oxidants and adaptogens...is that you can order it in 3 different delicious flavors and it comes with a caffeine or non-caffeinated option.