Pre Workout Suggestions - AnabolicMinds.com

Pre Workout Suggestions

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.

Pre Workout Suggestions

I'm 48 and need a pre work out pick me up. I usually w/o in the morning so I really can't take something a hour ahead of workout time what do you think?I currently take nothing pre
    and take creatine after,minerals at night and multi vitamins during the day but need some help at workout time.
    thanks

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.

I see some are taking rpm is that something to consider at my age ?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.

Pre Workout

I lift early in the morning as well, but still manage to get up and take my Creatine - 2.5gm CEE, and Acetyl Carrnitine - 2.5gm with a total of about 16-24oz of water, and have recently added Hypertrop-x 4gm.

I've used VPX brand Muscle Nitrous on and off, and am not really sure how much improvement in workout intensity it added.

At 51, I've been lifting for a few years and am still stronger than most of my workout partners, though recovery comes a little slower now.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.

I do two stacks before I go. The first gives me energy:Green Tea 2.8 gms, ALCAR 2.8 gms and ALA also 2.8 The Second really helps me workout and recover during the workout: CEE 5.6 gms, L-Arginine 5.6 gms and Beta Alanine 2.8 gms. The weird quantities are because I cap each of them myself (except the ALA) at about 700 mgms per 00 sized cap. I feel the energy and the BA tingle within a half an hour of taking them. The neat thing is that each of these supps also provides some serious health benefits.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    I do two stacks before I go. The first gives me energy:Green Tea 2.8 gms, ALCAR 2.8 gms and ALA also 2.8 The Second really helps me workout and recover during the workout: CEE 5.6 gms, L-Arginine 5.6 gms and Beta Alanine 2.8 gms. The weird quantities are because I cap each of them myself (except the ALA) at about 700 mgms per 00 sized cap. I feel the energy and the BA tingle within a half an hour of taking them. The neat thing is that each of these supps also provides some serious health benefits.
    Dutchman - Isn't that a little excessive on the CEE? Do you do more than 1 dose a day, or is that it? I've been using the straight powder form of CEE 2.5gm, which I mix with 1tsp os turbinado sugar to cut the nasty taste. My 2nd dose of CEE is 2.5gm in 3 caps.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  199 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongerNow View Post
    I lift early in the morning as well, but still manage to get up and take my Creatine - 2.5gm CEE, and Acetyl Carrnitine - 2.5gm with a total of about 16-24oz of water, and have recently added Hypertrop-x 4gm.

I've used VPX brand Muscle Nitrous on and off, and am not really sure how much improvement in workout intensity it added.

At 51, I've been lifting for a few years and am still stronger than most of my workout partners, though recovery comes a little slower now.

I can back up the Hypertrop-X also. 20 to 30 minutes after dose your ready to go. It will kick up your stamina and really improve your workout.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tomato head View Post
    I can back up the Hypertrop-X also. 20 to 30 minutes after dose your ready to go. It will kick up your stamina and really improve your workout.
    Tomato Head - Are you using the 4gm dosage? What else do you use pre-workout?
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  199 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongerNow View Post
    Tomato Head - Are you using the 4gm dosage? What else do you use pre-workout?

I was using 4, I have just started 5 and am seeing great results. There have been some guys dosing as much as 8, I am not sure I would recommend this but they reported good results. I see such an endurance boost from 4 or 5 and Iím 200lbs so I canít say I would ever see the need for more. I think I would most likely just loose my lunch on a higher dose. I am not taking anything other than protein with some added BCAA powder, some DHEA during the day and my multi in the morning and evening. Nothing pre-workout. As a matter a fact I was taking some Ephedrine about an hour before and I would hit the wall in the afternoon Laze Dragon from AMS suggested I stop the Ephedrine and sure enough the problem went away as well. Now I just have a small amount of carbs about an hour and a half before the workout and Hypertrop-X 30min before.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I like using both MORPH & H-BLOCKER BY isatori
  10. New Member

RPM is a great supplement to take at any age. You do need to take it 45-1 hour before training on an empty stomach.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Hypertrop-X really works
    or
    no-shotgun if you like to drink
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I really love JP8 from Get Diesel. Picks up well, really good focus, and doesn't crack me out.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  188 lbs.

bsmith,

I'm using VasoCharge by Scivation and it works well for me. You get used to the taste but for me the most important thing is that it works and it also has all the ingredients that are good for your workout. Google it and see what you think. That is if you don't mind a drink.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

For a stim, RPM and also Core Zap are solid.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  15. New Member

BS, I'm about your age and I work out in the AM too. I have used products like White flood, RPM, and my current supp: Ragnarok. My one suggestion with these supps is to start out doing at about half the recommended dose to see how you tolerate the caffiene.

I'm a coffee drinker, but in my upper forties, my heart rate doesn't really like being in the 170's during a workout. I like the additional push the caffiene gives, but sometimes it's a fine line between focus and heart beating out of your chest.

I think there is a caffiene free RPM, but personally, I like the stimulating effects.
  16. New Member

I am 52 and like AM workouts. #1.) it is really important that I get my 7.5 -8.5 hrs. of sleep. I have a home gym so, it's nice. Main point, I have approx. 24 oz of good coffee and I add 15ml of liquid L-Carintine and 10 grams of L-Glutamine to a large glass of water. I am drinking both as I warm up: I.E. - stretching, stationary bike and thru my 1 hr. workout. Do some research on the things. Works for me.
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nothing will give you a better workout then Jacked, for a pre-workout supplement. The Y-DR complex gives you amazing energy, focus and the creatine, beta-alanine and AKG will help you get awesome pumps, better recovery in between sets and help pump out that last rep. I love the stuff
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

I like my Dark Rage, Super Cissus, and Prime stack pre w/o. Great energy, strength, and pumps throughout my workouts. Great recovery between sets. Just added Powerfull into the equation. Feeling pretty damm good.
  19. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I personally know many men of 35 and older that use Ragnarok daily for their pre w/o and creatine needs. One of the major benefits other than all of the anti-oxidants and adaptogens...is that you can order it in 3 different delicious flavors and it comes with a caffeine or non-caffeinated option.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. New workout, and suggestions?
    By wsimpson in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 12:11 PM
  2. Pre-workout suggestions
    By COBRAfan67 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 09:33 PM
  3. Need some help developing a workout.. any suggestions?
    By ramyers2 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 07:26 PM
  4. Workout Suggestions
    By nestafaria in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 06:06 PM
  5. Looking for a new workout...any suggestions?
    By getjacked63 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 10:40 AM