Dhea

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by tomato head View Post
    Epistane 4 weeks 20/30/30/40 is from what I have read to be a good plan. your input is very welcome. I am still not sure what the best off day plan is however.
    ? Is this a straight cycle or a pulse...off day?
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

2. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    ? Is this a straight cycle or a pulse...off day?

I was going to do straight for this cycle. Again from what I have read its the better way to go first time?
    •   

3. I've been taking about 100mg a day while on Trenadrol and it has definetly helped with the libido. There wasn't a huge kill but I noticed a decrease. With the Dhea I'm ready and willing for 2 times a day again! TMI?

4. I apologize for being a newbie getting in on an advice thread, however I know a bit in this area as I have done advanced degrees in this area. Always listen to those with the experience as hormones sometimes seem to work in a counterintuitive manner. You may find combinations with other supplements which strengthen, weaken or even change the type of response a hormone supplement is, in theory, supposed to display. Some supplements of this type may also need an ancilliary (a common word used to describe drugs used with steroids to get a more powerful effect) chemical or supplement to get any benefits. So, in my opinion, and I stress as I am not a medical doctor so don't take my advice without consulting one, DHEA is one of those supplements which in absence of another supplement or drug will illicit a zero response when taken orally even at huge dosage levels. Of course DHEA is of the cholesterol based steroid family, I beleive of the top of my head an epiandrosterone. As such it will utilize the pathway that (an those in the supplement loop of 10 years ago will be familiar) androstenedione goes through to become testosterone. Androstenedionre is one enzymatic step closer to becoming testosterone than DHEA, since that is the only benefit to taking DHEA and you consider an enzymatic conversion ratio of 5% for andro, well you do the math. DHEA to andro conversion is less favourable thermodynamically to the andro test conversion so really what I am saying is save your money, you may as well eat spinach from a can.
    But, there is a positive side. When DHEA is not converted to andro is will become part of the estrogen family through a process called aromatization, so, it follows that if that didn't happen the DHEA would have only one direction to go. There are anti-aromatase enzyme drugs and supplements which are so effective that estrogen production in this way is essentially halted. Letrozole (trademarked Femara) is likely the most powerfull tool we have for combatting this effect we have today. Letrozole of course is prescription only. There are also very powerful supplements, for example 7oxoDHEA is excellent, ergo makes a product called 6-oxo, just google anti-aromatase. With the aid of one of these not only will you increase your DHEA-andro conversion rate you will also increase your testosterone/estradiol ration which in the grand scheme is what you want. Best of luck, listen to these experience guys they will know the products and will know which ones are quality because as you know im sure, you can have the same ingredient on two different labels and one product is great and the other you may as well flush. RESEARCH FIRST!
  5. Cool using DHEA

Quote Originally Posted by rugrat5288 View Post
    anyone supplementing dhea and if so at what dose and have you seen any results using it?
    i'm 40 years old and ive been using it going into my second week.the first 3 days i took 100 mgs.before bed,then i went up to 300mgs.My appetite has increased ,ive gained 2pounds.i weighed 188when i started now im 190.havent seen any increase in body fat.i take in 190-200grams of protien per day and around 70-80 grams of fat, the rest carbs.i take creatine complex(esther/ethyl)b4 i lift and ,whey mixed with creatine within the first 2 hours after workout.im about to lift on my second week so ill keep you posted on strength gains .go to AST sport science site. they have test results from a study conducted on 60-70 year old men-amazing!
    •   

6. I have read in many cases if your body is already converting testosterone to estradiol readily due to age taking Dhea will only produce more unless you are taking an AI. Have any of you found this to be the case?
    Do any of you take it during a cycle while pulsing? If so when?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth3x View Post
    I have read in many cases if your body is already converting testosterone to estradiol readily due to age taking Dhea will only produce more unless you are taking an AI. Have any of you found this to be the case?
    Do any of you take it during a cycle while pulsing? If so when?
    i havent taken it with a cycle yet,and idropped to 100 mgs. every other day, and 25mg in between to block cortisol.i havent seen any adverse effects. i did notice the first week i loaded up on 3oo mgs my muscles,especially arms were rock hard 3 days after working them.the reason i dropped my dose to 100mgs, is i read on a medical site that some people under age 60 on that dose had sides of balding.they may have heredity risks though too,i dont have any in my family.also 25mgs.in the a.m and 25mgs before bed is supposed to block cortisol when it is at its time of release(A.M and bedtime):chick:

8. Adding DHEA to my PCT seemed to make a difference in the libido, energy, well being areas. I used one of Dr. D's recommendations, 100mg morning and 100mg at noon. Seems I read there was a conflict with taking it at night and it affecting sleep.

9. Quote Originally Posted by pcn View Post
    Adding DHEA to my PCT seemed to make a difference in the libido, energy, well being areas. I used one of Dr. D's recommendations, 100mg morning and 100mg at noon. Seems I read there was a conflict with taking it at night and it affecting sleep.
    i havent had any trouble sleeping through the night so far.:bruce2:

10. For anyone interested, here's quite a long discussion on Dr. D's PCT involving DHEA (200mg tapered to 100mg):
    Running Serm inverse to ADT??
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. DHEA...?
    By MaDmaN in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 02:39 PM
  2. 7-OXO-DHEA
    By Spitdeath in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 04:22 PM
  3. DHEA use in women- is this true? products?
    By nikegurl in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 11:17 PM
  4. 7-OXO-DHEA any try this?
    By spoofy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 07:22 PM
  5. DHEA powder
    By Technics in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2004, 01:12 AM