38 years old

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am planning on a cut here shortly and although my diet is not all that poor I am really going to tweak it a bit in certain places. I do high protein and low carbs currently. I plan on trying to incorporate more leafy greens. Any thoguth on a cutting supplement stack? I tried Leviathan Reloaded recently and got good results, but was wondering if anyone had other suggestions, maybe something geared to one my age. :hot:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diet is 95%. I could go on a cut and get into contest shape any time I want, thing is I don't want to. You can do anything you want provided your willing to pay the price.

I am on pertpetual recomp because I am trying to adapt a lifestyle where I basically stay the same weight year round and slowly make improvements. This does not require me to be as strict with diet as if I was on a cut.

Are you on a real cut or just recomping your body, recomp is the area where I believe supps do help more. Leviathan is a good choice. I am going to try recreate and drive and IGF2 with my next stack. Supps would probably be very helpful on a cut as well but diet would be different.

avgBdybldr

avgBdybldr

Awards
  • Established
you are going to want to use Venom Hyperdrive 3.0 from ALRI. Trust me. One pill in the morning, energy all day, no crash and a suppressed appetite. my sister used it for 30 days, didn't go to the gym that month, just cleaned her diet a little and lost a dress size. i've been using it for 2 weeks for energy, and love it. my brother & sister in law swear by it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes that is a term there using these days where your slowly burning fat and trying to maintain muscle. In the old days it was bulk and cut. The problem with that is you would tend to lose quite a bit of muscle an the cut and I would always gain to much fat on the bulk.

If your a competitive bodybuilder (I was) you are working with deadlines so you would have to cut no choice. Now that I am not deadline oriented I tend to want to adopt a permanant lifestyle solution. Recomp is the answer for me because I am an endo who really doesn't need to go to great lenghts to attain muscle. So my focus is on staying and getting leaner at all times and I adopt a stategy to maintain my muscle mass. This means that fat comes off very slowly and steadily. Sometimes I have bad days or even weeks but the damage is minimal as I have this lifestyle. It's the long term solution as apposed to the short.

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Recomp

Yes that is a term there using these days where your slowly burning fat and trying to maintain muscle. In the old days it was bulk and cut. The problem with that is you would tend to lose quite a bit of muscle an the cut and I would always gain to much fat on the bulk.

If your a competitive bodybuilder (I was) you are working with deadlines so you would have to cut no choice. Now that I am not deadline oriented I tend to want to adopt a permanant lifestyle solution. Recomp is the answer for me because I am an endo who really doesn't need to go to great lenghts to attain muscle. So my focus is on staying and getting leaner at all times and I adopt a stategy to maintain my muscle mass. This means that fat comes off very slowly and steadily. Sometimes I have bad days or even weeks but the damage is minimal as I have this lifestyle. It's the long term solution as apposed to the short.
DW,

Hey thanks. That was a very good narrative for answering my question. Much appreciated.

CK

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Answer

Diet is 95%. I could go on a cut and get into contest shape any time I want, thing is I don't want to. You can do anything you want provided your willing to pay the price.

I am on pertpetual recomp because I am trying to adapt a lifestyle where I basically stay the same weight year round and slowly make improvements. This does not require me to be as strict with diet as if I was on a cut.

Are you on a real cut or just recomping your body, recomp is the area where I believe supps do help more. Leviathan is a good choice. I am going to try recreate and drive and IGF2 with my next stack. Supps would probably be very helpful on a cut as well but diet would be different.
I guess I am more on the lines of a recomp.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well like I said it's the long term solution, I have had too much of hte up and down (in weight). I was always a bad off season dieter and a tremendous on season dieter (had to be). Now I am in persuit of a constant lifestyle, tired of extremes.

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DW,

How is RECREATE working out for you so far? That is if you have started it.

I got LR the other day an 'am planning on starting it after I get over this sinus infection. I want to start it healthy.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DW,

How is RECREATE working out for you so far? That is if you have started it.

I got LR the other day an 'am planning on starting it after I get over this sinus infection. I want to start it healthy.
I will start my recreate/drive/napalm/Igf2 cycle after my PCT in a few weeks. I will log it so will keep everybody posted on my progress. I have high hopes for this combo.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i'm surprised no one has mentioned clenbuterol. then again, perhaps you don't wanna go that route, cause i hear tell that **** is kind of scary. but i also hear tell it cuts off all the fat with minimal effort. just a thought. i wouldn't use it, though, not from all the sides i've seen/read.

i like to kick my metabolism in the guts and get it moving if i wanna lose some weight. my tactic is to eat a whole lot of celery, 3 apples a day, and take a stack of something of a leviathan/yohimbine hcl (use sparingly, or your heart will jump out of your chest)/1 gallon jasmine green tea a day.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Clen is not a good idea for someone my age (the way I see it anyway) and I don't like stims.

jpk

jpk

Awards
I am planning on a cut here shortly and although my diet is not all that poor I am really going to tweak it a bit in certain places. I do high protein and low carbs currently. I plan on trying to incorporate more leafy greens. Any thoguth on a cutting supplement stack? I tried Leviathan Reloaded recently and got good results, but was wondering if anyone had other suggestions, maybe something geared to one my age. :hot:
For fat control I tend to think in terms of raising my general metabolic rate. Remember you can't spot reduce, that's a myth. Here's a partial list of things that will help bust a gut:

• Clean diet (forget caffeine, sugar and alcohol for starters)
  • Solid anabolic lifting
  • Cardio, some say fasted cardio is best.
  • Dry, anabolic compounds (Epi, SD, Anavar etc.)
  • Clenbuterol/Albuterol
  • PPAR agonists (Damage Control Protocol)
  • TD formestane for estrogen modulation
  • Cortisol modulators (Ret II, X-lean, Lean Xtreme & others)
  • Prolactin control compounds like Powerfull or Cabergoline/Dostinex
I'm 47 so I had to stack a few of these together to lose the bulking gut that grew with the last 30 lbs of muscle. There's lots of other ideas out there but this will give you a start on how one old fart did it. Best of luck on acheiving your summer bod!

Manchester

Manchester

Awards
DW,

I appreciate the recomp explanation. That is what I have been doing for years but did not know the proper term for it. I am always asked are you "bulking" or "cutting" and I have always had to say "neither" and then give a long explanation. Now I can just say recomp.

Thanks,

MC

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saved you some time lol

Yah it has become my new way of life since last fall. I think this is a good approach for people our age, especially if you already have a lot of mass.

shlong

shlong

Awards
My training background would suggest 1. diet eat clean 6-7 meals
a day lots of protein to hold muscle while displacing fat 1-2 iu's
hgH ED ,calories 50% pro /35% carb . 15% high qualiy fat (MCT's)and or fish oil and if you want to speed things up a bit.........
250mg DECA/WK for 1st week, next 2 weeks in row EQ 200mg wk then back to DECA 1WK so you don't encounter any ED problems. but get the full benifits of lean mass anabolics/low androgen ratio.
Hope this helps It has for many of my clients.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't know about the rest of you but I'll pass on the Deca and EQ.

matheje

Awards
Don't know about the rest of you but I'll pass on the Deca and EQ.
I'm with you, DW. Things have to be kept in perspective and Deca is moving toward and extreme I'd want to stay away from.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm with you, DW. Things have to be kept in perspective and Deca is moving toward and extreme I'd want to stay away from.
Smart move

matheje

Awards
Smart move
Even the comments regarding HAvic and Epi are starting to scare me a bit...liver toxicity? Hell, I'm trying to look and feel good ALIVE, not leave a nice corpse before I hit 50!

Made a recent change to my lifting program...actually put in place a program. I go to the gym at lunch 4 days a week and then sneak in a couple of cardio sessions here and there...so what I started doing last week with my lifting is:

-three body parts per day
-two exercises per muscle group, 4 sets per large muscle group, 2-3 for smaller such as bi's, tri's

i.e. chest (incline DB, flat flies) shoulders (DB press/shrugs/side laterals) tri's (skulls, cable pressdowns).

I do this in 1 hour of lifting (after a 10 minute warmup) and I walk out beat with quite a pump. I like it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have nothing against things like Epistane, I actually considered it. For me though, it just doesn't make that much sense. Do I need a bunch more mass, no, do I need it to get lean, no there are so many healthier/risk free alternatives. What would I be taking it for, I am sure I could take it and there would be minimal risk with a proper PCT and good support supps but why go through all that. I am about 12% body fat and 243 lbs at 5'11" how much bigger do I need to be. Frankly I don't even care that much is I lose a bit of muscle, I'd rather not but I have some to spare....I never seem to lose any anyway.

Manchester

Manchester

Awards
I saved you some time lol

Yah it has become my new way of life since last fall. I think this is a good approach for people our age, especially if you already have a lot of mass.
No doubt. I think it is the perfect approach for guys our age whose metabolisms can no longer handle the ups and downs of the traditional bulking/cutting cycles. Thank again for the time saver!