i'm new to this, and want some advice

minman

Awards
i'm 35 years old . I'm 6'0 230 lbs. I've been in the gym on and off most of my life, and just started to take it serious about 6 weeks ago. I want to do a prohormone cycle and I have no clue as to what is a safe route. I want results fast. I'm an impatient guy when it comes to weight training . I get bored fast , and quit if i'm not seeing results. any advice on what way to go would greatly be apperciated . my diet is not the greatest, but much improve over the last 6 weeks .thanks

mike

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
really best to wait a bit longer. you won't make all that significantly more in gains using a cycle now vs what you can likely do naturally. particularly till you have diet + training really dialed in

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
no problem! the thing is that mostly what the prohormones do is let you recover faster, and build muscle faster than without them. but its not some huge magical amount for most of them. So what you'd gain on 30 days of something right now and have it cost you $200-300 by the time all was said and done with support supplements and PCT would be what you could probably get to in 60-90 days without it. And the potential for gyno, cholesterol imbalance, liver damage etc makes it even worse.

minman

Awards
so much stuff out there. where do i begin? as a beginner what supplements should i be taking. I take protein syntha 6 to be exact. I need some direction please

mike

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
really first you begin by working with your diet + your training routines. Seriously diet + training are 90% of gains. any supplements just help enhance it a little or make your weight gains be more lean mass and less fat. trying different things to find what sort of eating style fits your body best, and trying through number of different workout styles first is critical.

Creatine monohydrate + beta alanine are both nice solid simple supps that are inexpensive in bulk that have very few nonresponders.

What sort of workout routine do you use now? how many calories a day and what sort of macro split?

minman

Awards
right now i'm doing core strengthing . it's a 6 phase program from men's fitness. starting with basics. I'm trying to stay between 2200 to 2500 calories a day and 1.1 grams protein per pound body weight. I'm 6'0 and 230 lbs . I would like to get lean and be around 180 to 190 by august. sound do able?

mike

minman

Awards
Creatine monohydrate + beta alanine are both nice solid simple supps that are inexpensive in bulk that have very few nonresponders.

what are some good brands? thanks again

mike

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
its close, thats a bit aggressive, but possible. thats 10lbs a month...

you can just buy the bulk creatine + beta alanine here at nutraplanet

minman

Awards
hey easy EJ, I just picked up some bulk creatine and beta-alanine from nutraplanet. I was wondering if I should take HMB as well? I'm going to also buy ON protein from discountanabolics. they seem to have the best price for 10lbs , or ATW protein. open for suggestions

thanks
mike

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
hmb is 50/50, some people respond well to it some dont get much effect from it. Its not too expensive dosed at 5g/day ($8 for 20 days worth) but is a little bit of a gamble.

minman

Awards
got my order today. I thought I ordered enough, but 100 grams is nothing. I'll order more when the time comes. My question is dose. How much and when do I take it. I have HMB creatine and Beta-alanine. I appreicate it.

mike

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
probably best is 3x a day

1g HMB
2g Beta Alanine
2.5g of creatine