Being lean at 35, 40, 45... More aerobics?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I'm 46 and have a slow metabolism. I rarely do cardio. Carb cycling is the only thing that works for me.

2. I've done that as well, with cardio as well.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   

3. Early morning, fasted, inclined treadmill for 30 minutes and/or fast-paced circuit training 3 times a week, works best for me.

Too much cardio may bring about increased cortisol which will eat away at your hard earned muscle. I also use Hot-Rox Extreme and Xtend in the mornings beforehand.

Of course all of the above will fail without a good diet and eating every 3-4 hours. One cheat meal a week of increased carbs.

4. That's how I work it. Some of my fasted sessions are a little longer due to the fact that I am a classic endo-meso but the idea is the same. I work 2 45's and a thirty of fasted cardio with 3 higher intensity iterval sessions of 3 minutes.

My weight training sessions are always very crisp, which also helps. There are some types of routines that require longer rest periods however.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

5. i find it harder to stay lean at 40 or get even get lean... but i think it is mostly due to activity level. i always played sports 3 or so times a week when i was younger so with a little dieting and weights i got lean fairly easily. but now due to joint pain and such i can't play full court ball 3 times a week. so a cycle of getting older and getting heavier leads to less tolerance for sports. so now i must increase cardio to get lean and not get to much joint pain and such.
    •   

6. For me, diet is more important than cardio. Not only what I am eating but when plays a big role.

Also, preworkout fatburners really help if you can stand the sides. I like Amp2.

Excessive cardio flattens me out, I stick to 2-3x weekly for 30-40 minutes, usually 2 days medium intensity, 1 day intervals.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 04:17 PM
  2. I shouldnt be laughing at this..
    By custom in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 10:45 AM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 01:00 PM
  4. My last attempt at being lean
    By scotty2 in forum Training Forum