OTC "Anabolics" for Older Lifters

mondugal

Awards
Have any of you "older" lifters (45 here) had positive experiences with any of the myriad of "anabolic" products available such as Decabolen, Superdrol NG, etc? If so, please share them and the product(s) used. Thanks.

FX01

Awards
There is a wealth of information here,but it will take time to search, and learn what works,and what does not.
Happy to see another older bro join the club,welcome!

jpk

jpk

Awards
Just do it right!

I got my diet, sleep and lifting in order first. That put on 10 pounds in about 3 months. Then I did a pulse cycle of Epistane and Formestane. Just finished 2 weeks ago. Remember I'm essentially a beginner to all this. I gained another 20 pounds on cycle. I think this is what they refer to as the "virgin receptor" effect. Anyway I've never felt or looked better. I'm using torem and lots of support supps for PCT just to be safe. I think its the total program of diet, sleep, resistance training and lastly prohormone supps that gave me such profound results. My 30 year high school reunion is this summer so I plan on doing another prohormone pulse cycle here soon. I'm 47 and weighed in at 182 this morning. Last year around new years I weighed 144 lbs and felt like cr*p.

PS I spent about 2 months reading this forum before I took any prohormones.:squat:

anadrol75

Awards
Try DHEA, it's cheap and will yeild some gains over time.

Gonzo

Awards
CROSS POST

I have the SuperdrolNG and Mass FX...

Look, I am 45 years old..I am NOT a gym jockey...I am a normal guy ( a father of four and grandfather of two) who has been skinny his whole life but now finds himself older, heavier and with a spare tire and a permanent back injury and just plain sick and tired of being worn out and tired and no more energy or drive.

I have trained in, practiced, taught and competed in martial arts since I was 11...former Army Ranger (2/75th) I find it hard to teach Brazilian JiuJItsu now because I am out of gas or hurting in no time at all...the only thing that I can still perform well is my Kali/Eskrima, but I still get gassed easily. Or I used to. Things are changing!

Legs are my very strong point but my upper body is weak....

I say all of that to say this....

in the short 4 weeks that I have been working out, I have seen some great progress in my lifting, my energy levels, and my overall apearance. No, I am not blowing up like a steroid junkie, but I am starting to notice a little shape to my pecs (YES!) and even a swell in my biceps and shape of my arms...I go three times a week for about an hour each time. I am not slinging a lot of weight let me tell you. I just dont have the upper body strength to do that, yet yesterday I matched my training partner's decline benches plate for plate and rep for rep. And while the weight is nothing to boast about on this board (hey, most of you guys probably curl what I bench ha ha ) it is a major improvement and inspiration for me to keep going. I know cant compete at the level you guys are lifting...not yet anyway.

While I dont look like the kids half my age at the gym, am finally feeling better and doing better and finally beginning to see results in my body!!!

I owe this to a couple of things...

SuperdrolNG and MassFX and a training partner/freind who in the beginning kept me motivated to just be consistent in going to the gym.

While it is true that just being consistent and going to the gym PROBABLY would have made a change in me anyway, I have to stand by the SuperdrolNG and MassFX as being a major contributor in my change.

I should go ahead and take a body pic now even though I have started and then take another every 30 days.

I tell you guys...I feel better....I am most happy and am proud what I am accomplishing in the gym with the limited weight I am lifting now.

SuperdrolNG and MassFX !!!!

GONZO !!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a long time lifter ex bodybuilder competitor. (was natural when I competed). First of all I firmly believe that before you try any of these types of products you must assess your natural potential and it takes years to figure out how you body responds and to get the right diet and exercise regime in place. So I would give at least a couple years.

Second of all you have to really be up on the possible health risks. I dabbled a bit with Halodrol and some 1test 4ad transdermals but in the long run for me it just wasn't worth it. Yes they were effective but the sides and all the crap you have to take for PCT and cycle support drove me to distraction. There are a lot of Natural products out there that have next to no sides and don't require PCT or cycle support and they seem to be quite safe.

At my age if I was going to do something it would be something very mild. I would avoid the harsher prohormones. I have pretty much decided to stay with the natural stuff, but if they came out with a safe product that didn't require extensive support and recovery I might give it a try.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Have any of you "older" lifters (45 here) had positive experiences with any of the myriad of "anabolic" products available such as Decabolen, Superdrol NG, etc? If so, please share them and the product(s) used. Thanks.
My advice is to get blood work done and find out where your hormonal baseline levels are. You'll be very lucky if you're in the optimum range.
I don't think it's wise for a man your age to screw around with his HPTA. I wouldn't do anything (DHEA included) without monitoring and the advice of a doctor. DHEA is good if you have a deficiency, but it can also raise your estrogen levels, and so will OTC anabolics.

FX01

Awards
My advice is to get blood work done and find out where your hormonal baseline levels are. You'll be very lucky if you're in the optimum range.
I don't think it's wise for a man your age to screw around with his HPTA. I wouldn't do anything (DHEA included) without monitoring and the advice of a doctor. DHEA is good if you have a deficiency, but it can also raise your estrogen levels, and so will OTC anabolics.

Excellent advice.
Here is a basic panel(Copied from another forum) to start out with.

Cortisol, Total
Estradiol, Extraction
Prolactin
LH
FSH
T3, Free
T4, Free
TSH
Testosterone, Total, Free and Weakly Bound
Hemoglobin A1C
Fasting Insulin
CBC
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
GGT (Important Liver Value not included in Comp Metabolic Panel)
Lipid Panel
PSA

mondugal

Awards
Sounds like solid advice.

What would one do with the information from the test results?

FX01

Awards
Sounds like solid advice.

What would one do with the information from the test results?
Having prior bloodwork done gives you a starting point,a basic status of your current condition from which to build on.
I myself need to get one done,but for now,I'm still just getting back in shape,and taking it one day at a time.