muscle repair for us old geezers

  1. New Member
    bassgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    185
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    15.14%

    muscle repair for us old geezers


    Notice that our muscles ache for just a little longer than they used to? Sux doesnt it?

    Whats the best way to encourage muscle building and still do it safely? do stretches really help?

    Any good muscle relief creams? No Ben Gay for this gal, that stuff stinks.

  2. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,196
    Rep Power
    945901
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    21.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    Stretches help, but it takes a little time for alleviation. It will initially make the soreness worse because you are increasing the microtrauma to the muscle. However, you are also increasing bloodflow to the area, which will lead to healing. BCAAs also help to decrease recovery.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. zed
    Board Supporter
    zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    211
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    80.5%

    cissus rx without question will help you.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    silverSurfer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Power
    1099
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    40.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I'm 36 and started taking BCAAs (Xtend + bulk BCAA) a few weeks ago. I have noticed a great difference in recovery.
  5. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,923
    Rep Power
    10751484
    Level
    116
    Lv. Percent
    9.89%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity GodPosting ProPosting Authority

    incarnate-beta alanine/cissus in one supp.
  6. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27396
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    88.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I know I am not 35 yet but ... I use Cissus, BCAA's & stretching.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  7. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,842
    Rep Power
    768803
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I wish I could find something
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,701
    Rep Power
    513134
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    85.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I sleep suspended in a giant tub of HGH and feast on the blood of babies.


    Still get pretty sore though Gettin old sucks.
  9. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27396
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    88.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    "I ate a baby!"
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  10. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,842
    Rep Power
    768803
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  11. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    672
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    27.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bassgirl View Post
    Notice that our muscles ache for just a little longer than they used to? Sux doesnt it?

    Whats the best way to encourage muscle building and still do it safely? do stretches really help?

    Any good muscle relief creams? No Ben Gay for this gal, that stuff stinks.
    You're too young to be complaining about muscle aches. Try to reduce the frequency and volume of your training. You might be over training. Stretching is good, but only when your body is warm. I particularly like to stretch my legs after cardio. When lifting I stretch between most sets. I'll be 50 in March and feel fantastic. Of course there are times when I do something stupid in the gym and have to pay. That can happen when you're over confident.
  12. New Member
    bassgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    185
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    15.14%

    Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    You're too young to be complaining about muscle aches. Try to reduce the frequency and volume of your training. You might be over training. Stretching is good, but only when your body is warm. I particularly like to stretch my legs after cardio. When lifting I stretch between most sets. I'll be 50 in March and feel fantastic. Of course there are times when I do something stupid in the gym and have to pay. That can happen when you're over confident.
    I'm definitely not too young or overtraining. If anything I'm probably undertraining compared to my abilities and potential. But I am just trying to ramp up. All I know is even after basic lifting routines I ache for a lot longer than I did when I was half the age I am now. I'm not young anymore! I upped my weight on the leg press by 10 lbs and felt it for 2 days afterwards. Yowza.

    I am struggling with weight loss and can't seem to lose any weight whatever I do, so I am probably not doing enough in the training dept.

    Now it would be rather young to be getting chronic stiff joints or muscle problems while having an inactive lifestyle. I know what you mean.
    Last edited by bassgirl; 12-18-2007 at 02:46 PM. Reason: .
  13. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,701
    Rep Power
    513134
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    85.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    First and best all around recovery sup..Poseidon. A lot of muscle aches and stiffness are the result of magnesium deficiency and poseidon kicks arse for supplying it, zinc, and potassium.

    Next up, I like GH stimulating supps such as Powerfull, IGF2 and PGH-t if you can still find any. These really roll back the clock a few years IMO.

    Soreness for 2 days afterward is normal and nuttin'. After going heavy, I can be very sore for up to 5-6 days afterwards...and that's not too normal IMO. lol
  14. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    672
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    27.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bassgirl View Post
    I'm definitely not too young or overtraining. If anything I'm probably undertraining compared to my abilities and potential. But I am just trying to ramp up. All I know is even after basic lifting routines I ache for a lot longer than I did when I was half the age I am now. I'm not young anymore! I upped my weight on the leg press by 10 lbs and felt it for 2 days afterwards. Yowza.

    I am struggling with weight loss and can't seem to lose any weight whatever I do, so I am probably not doing enough in the training dept.

    Now it would be rather young to be getting chronic stiff joints or muscle problems while having an inactive lifestyle. I know what you mean.
    Have you posted your routine and diet? If not, would mind letting us have a look?
  15. New Member
    bassgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    185
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    15.14%

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Soreness for 2 days afterward is normal and nuttin'. After going heavy, I can be very sore for up to 5-6 days afterwards...and that's not too normal IMO. lol
    I've had times where I felt it for a week afterwards, but not at the moment. I get this effect more when I've upped my weight on the "fly" machine.

    But my point is, is not "nuttin'" when I could do it without feeling a pinch 18 years ago.
  16. New Member
    Synicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    164
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    62.27%

    Quote Originally Posted by bassgirl View Post
    Any good muscle relief creams? No Ben Gay for this gal, that stuff stinks.
    Try some EMU OIL, I use Emu Gold around $10.00 from Vitamin Cottage for 4 oz. Works for muscle relief, smells good, apricot
  17. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,842
    Rep Power
    768803
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    yeah, i'll second emu oil. aspercreme also smells better than ben gay.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  18. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,923
    Rep Power
    10751484
    Level
    116
    Lv. Percent
    9.89%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity GodPosting ProPosting Authority

    keep it in perspective. 35 is around the time i started to feel more aches and feel like i lost a step. your body will thank you later for keeping it in shape. a good diet and exercise is the best thing you can do for yourself. plan on living a long healthy life and you probably will.
  19. Advanced Member
    skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    49
    Posts
    829
    Rep Power
    561
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    67.52%

    You think its bad now just wait till 40s--It seems to me you have 2 choices [dont know if your natural?]if you are then you could get away with some of these "supps " for a while---you see the natural way of things after 40 your muscle mass declines ,fat increases Test levels drop till your just a mere shell of what you used to be--The answer --well thats not looked on to kindly around here ,but the end result of that path is HRT --fight mothernature--what have you got to loose??
  20. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27396
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    88.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by skull View Post
    You think its bad now just wait till 40s--It seems to me you have 2 choices [dont know if your natural?]if you are then you could get away with some of these "supps " for a while---you see the natural way of things after 40 your muscle mass declines ,fat increases Test levels drop till your just a mere shell of what you used to be--The answer --well thats not looked on to kindly around here ,but the end result of that path is HRT --fight mothernature--what have you got to loose??
    The OP is female. I don't thing she wants testosterone & HCG.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  21. Advanced Member
    skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    49
    Posts
    829
    Rep Power
    561
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    67.52%

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    The OP is female. I don't thing she wants testosterone & HCG.
    There are plenty of females using TEST
  22. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27396
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    88.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Name:  vera.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  2.2 KB
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  23. Advanced Member
    skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    49
    Posts
    829
    Rep Power
    561
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    67.52%

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    Name:  vera.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  2.2 KB
    unfortunatly [he she?] used to much
  24. New Member
    bassgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    185
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    15.14%

    Quote Originally Posted by skull View Post
    unfortunatly [he she?] used to much
    haha. We laugh, but I honestly wonder if a little extra testosterone wouldn't help? You have me curious now, dammit. There's gotta be a way that this can help women.

    I learned something in the last week of being on here. I didnt know that men also did HRT. Obviously tailored to them, but I always thought HRT was a women's thing.

    and HCG is, last time I checked, Human Chorionic Gondatropin, which is pregnancy hormone. I dont think I wanna be messin with that. lol.

    Good cream and oil suggestions. Apricot? nice.
  25. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,842
    Rep Power
    768803
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    stretching more (both before + after) and doing more warmups, cooldowns theoretically helps, but i'm too stupid to try it.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  26. New Member
    bassgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    185
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    15.14%

    my routine


    Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    Have you posted your routine and diet? If not, would mind letting us have a look?
    I posted my routine here.

    Bassgirl's program

    I dont have a specific set of food I eat every day but been discussing my intakes here
    expected calorie intakes
    Last edited by bassgirl; 12-19-2007 at 11:15 PM. Reason: links
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. funny joke for us canadians
    By Nicolai in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 07:39 AM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-13-2004, 11:33 AM
  3. 19-Nor-4-AD for 20yr old.
    By Grant in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 04:06 PM
  4. Froogle--useful tool for us cheapskates
    By khafra in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 12:59 PM
  5. Arnold in politics-whats does this mean for us?
    By DieTrying in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 06:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in