TRT and training

K

klaatu62

Awards
I am 45, 6'0" 223Lbs, and lost a lot of shape in the last year because of an umbilical hernia and some other minor issues that kept me out of the gym for almost 12 months now.

As of Dec I will be on TRT at 10Mg/day gel. My standard values seem to be around 230 in the morning and decline from there. No reasons seem to be found for it, but it has not had any serious side effects to date.

I was wondering if taking the TRT I should increase the dose on workout days vs cardio days or rest days. I know that using PH is sometimes just done on the workout days, so I was wondering if this might be beneficial in this case also.

Your feedback is appreciated guys

Thanks

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
I think you would be better off keeping the dose constant every day.
Just my opinion.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
As of Dec I will be on TRT at 10Mg/day gel. My standard values seem to be around 230 in the morning and decline from there. No reasons seem to be found for it, but it has not had any serious side effects to date.
If you are being treated by a Dr he should have found a reason for it, like primary or secondary hypogonadism.
I was wondering if taking the TRT I should increase the dose on workout days vs cardio days or rest days. I know that using PH is sometimes just done on the workout days, so I was wondering if this might be beneficial in this case also.
If you have a script for the controlled substance testosterone in (AndroGel/Testim/Compunded) and you use more on some days your prescription will run out early. Being a controlled substance you may have a hard time refilling it early and therefore have gaps in your treatment. This is not good.

Since you have not worked out in a year or so, you should not really worry about this (JMHO) but rather train, cardio, rest and eat right. If your values were that low the gel will help improve your body composition in the addition to the basic exercise and diet improvements.

K

klaatu62

Awards
If you are being treated by a Dr he should have found a reason for it, like primary or secondary hypogonadism. If you have a script for the controlled substance testosterone in (AndroGel/Testim/Compunded) and you use more on some days your prescription will run out early. Being a controlled substance you may have a hard time refilling it early and therefore have gaps in your treatment. This is not good.

Since you have not worked out in a year or so, you should not really worry about this (JMHO) but rather train, cardio, rest and eat right. If your values were that low the gel will help improve your body composition in the addition to the basic exercise and diet improvements.
All very good info. I think that is exactly how I am going to work with it. Thanks again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Supplements 11
bell1986 Male Anti-Aging Medicine 28
M Anabolics 12
J Male Anti-Aging Medicine 11
C Anabolics 8