Q for stopping sweating for women...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lady taking lexapro to deal with mood swings associated with menopause. It works but causes her to sweat a whole lot. Is there anything safe to take while taking lexapro for her?

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
A lady taking lexapro to deal with mood swings associated with menopause. It works but causes her to sweat a whole lot. Is there anything safe to take while taking lexapro for her?
The only thing I know is Accutane (generic: Amnesteem or Sotret) shrinks your sebaceous glands. I am going on it next week for my acne. I dont know what Accutane - chemical name is isotretinoin which is basically concentrated retinol or Vitamin A - has for any contraindications. I just know its supposed to also help with hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating) which is something else I've always suffered with.

Last edited:
TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only thing I know is Accutane (generic: Amnesteem or Sotret) shrinks your sebaceous glands. I am going on it next week for my acne. I dont know what Accutane - chemical name is isotretinoin which is basically concentrated retinol or Vitamin A - has for any contraindications. I just know its supposed to also help with hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating) which is something else I've always suffered with.
Woah......accutane is not a safe drug to play with! I was on it when I was like 18,and my triglycerides were in the 600's

Jay I never heard of that as a side from lexapro.....menopause will cause sweating, flushing, hot flashes as is, without any drugs. Lexapro is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRIs).

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
Woah......accutane is not a safe drug to play with! I was on it when I was like 18,and my triglycerides were in the 600's

Jay I never heard of that as a side from lexapro.....menopause will cause sweating, flushing, hot flashes as is, without any drugs. Lexapro is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRIs).

Doctors now are prescribing accutane patients lipid panels to monitor this, but I wont be playihg with it. I'll be using it for a prescribed purpose. And the govt has stepped up controls on it, both for the patient and Drs, quite a bit in the last 1 to 2 yrs.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doctors now are prescribing accutane patients lipid panels to monitor this, but I wont be playihg with it. I'll be using it for a prescribed purpose. And the govt has stepped up controls on it, both for the patient and Drs, quite a bit in the last 1 to 2 yrs.
I had lipid panels when I was on it. They kept getting worse,and worse....to the point the wanted me to stop taking it. It did wonders for my teen acne, I use to breakout alot....not anymore. I understand what your saying though, that with monitored care things are safe. It made my skin sooooo,soooo dry that my lips were always cracked,and painfull. This is not a fun drug to take!

azr101

azr101

Awards
Sweating where? Like overall sweating or just under arms? If it's just under arm sweat, botox injections are really effective for this. Lot's of celebs. do this prior to awards shows so they don't have photos with big sweaty pits.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I had lipid panels when I was on it. They kept getting worse,and worse....to the point the wanted me to stop taking it. It did wonders for my teen acne, I use to breakout alot....not anymore. I understand what your saying though, that with monitored care things are safe. It made my skin sooooo,soooo dry that my lips were always cracked,and painfull. This is not a fun drug to take!
Is that the one with seemingly lots of suicides associated with it?