Q for stopping sweating for women...

  1. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,791
    Answers
    2

    Q for stopping sweating for women...


    A lady taking lexapro to deal with mood swings associated with menopause. It works but causes her to sweat a whole lot. Is there anything safe to take while taking lexapro for her?

  2. New Member
    bassgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    202
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    A lady taking lexapro to deal with mood swings associated with menopause. It works but causes her to sweat a whole lot. Is there anything safe to take while taking lexapro for her?
    The only thing I know is Accutane (generic: Amnesteem or Sotret) shrinks your sebaceous glands. I am going on it next week for my acne. I dont know what Accutane - chemical name is isotretinoin which is basically concentrated retinol or Vitamin A - has for any contraindications. I just know its supposed to also help with hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating) which is something else I've always suffered with.
    Last edited by bassgirl; 12-15-2007 at 09:01 PM. Reason: more info
  3. Bananas
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bassgirl View Post
    The only thing I know is Accutane (generic: Amnesteem or Sotret) shrinks your sebaceous glands. I am going on it next week for my acne. I dont know what Accutane - chemical name is isotretinoin which is basically concentrated retinol or Vitamin A - has for any contraindications. I just know its supposed to also help with hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating) which is something else I've always suffered with.
    Woah......accutane is not a safe drug to play with! I was on it when I was like 18,and my triglycerides were in the 600's

    Jay I never heard of that as a side from lexapro.....menopause will cause sweating, flushing, hot flashes as is, without any drugs. Lexapro is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRIs).
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    bassgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    202
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    Woah......accutane is not a safe drug to play with! I was on it when I was like 18,and my triglycerides were in the 600's

    Jay I never heard of that as a side from lexapro.....menopause will cause sweating, flushing, hot flashes as is, without any drugs. Lexapro is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRIs).

    Doctors now are prescribing accutane patients lipid panels to monitor this, but I wont be playihg with it. I'll be using it for a prescribed purpose. And the govt has stepped up controls on it, both for the patient and Drs, quite a bit in the last 1 to 2 yrs.
  5. Bananas
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bassgirl View Post
    Doctors now are prescribing accutane patients lipid panels to monitor this, but I wont be playihg with it. I'll be using it for a prescribed purpose. And the govt has stepped up controls on it, both for the patient and Drs, quite a bit in the last 1 to 2 yrs.
    I had lipid panels when I was on it. They kept getting worse,and worse....to the point the wanted me to stop taking it. It did wonders for my teen acne, I use to breakout alot....not anymore. I understand what your saying though, that with monitored care things are safe. It made my skin sooooo,soooo dry that my lips were always cracked,and painfull. This is not a fun drug to take!
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  6. New Member
    azr101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    110
    Answers
    0

    Sweating where? Like overall sweating or just under arms? If it's just under arm sweat, botox injections are really effective for this. Lot's of celebs. do this prior to awards shows so they don't have photos with big sweaty pits.
  7. Senior Member
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    I had lipid panels when I was on it. They kept getting worse,and worse....to the point the wanted me to stop taking it. It did wonders for my teen acne, I use to breakout alot....not anymore. I understand what your saying though, that with monitored care things are safe. It made my skin sooooo,soooo dry that my lips were always cracked,and painfull. This is not a fun drug to take!
    Is that the one with seemingly lots of suicides associated with it?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Mentally unprepared for stopping fat burners, advice?
    By chedapalooza in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 06:26 PM
  2. Reduction, safe for 40+ yr old women ?
    By GQNemesis in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 10:17 AM
  3. Stop training for a Cold???
    By BigCasino in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 06:11 PM
  4. I need a real answer for this..its for real
    By corteztk1982 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2004, 07:30 PM
  5. Stop asking for comparisons
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-06-2003, 06:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in