I'm back! HRT and hematocrit

calibrated

calibrated

Awards
A few months ago I was awarded a vacation from the forum and today they were kind enough to reinstate me. I really missed this place. I was on what I thought was HRT from a now defunct clinc in Florida for almost a year. Started having headaches and hot flashes. AGELESS has always said watch your RBC and I took his advice and went for blood work, my Hematocrit was 64 (top normal is 50) looks like I can thank him for helping me avoid a stroke. Guys long term coasting can cost you if you don't get your blood checked, it was a wake up call for me. I met with DR John and am going back on HRT in a month or so can't wait to feel good again.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Congrats on avoiding the stroke and Ageless is a good man. Welcome back.

muslhead

Awards
What was the HRT you thought you were on?

I was on 100mg/wk of test cyp and my Hematocrit, Hemoglobin and RBC were about 10-20% higher than normal.

I have changed to cream and have been regularly donating blood to keep them all in line. If this doesnt work I will have to stop the test and go back to becoming a eunich :-(
MH

bem9127

Awards
What was the HRT you thought you were on?

I was on 100mg/wk of test cyp and my Hematocrit, Hemoglobin and RBC were about 10-20% higher than normal.

I have changed to cream and have been regularly donating blood to keep them all in line. If this doesnt work I will have to stop the test and go back to becoming a eunich :-(
MH
Fish Oil should help with this.

Also, if you don't like fish oil try a pure Omega 3 supplement.

Best I have found is Omega Max www.omax3.com

muslhead

Awards
I am on an omega 3 supplement and it is still high. Unfortunately it appears as if I am one of the 40+% of people who react to injections by producing too much HCT and RBC. The only way I can keep it under wraps is to change HRT to transdermal applications and routine blood donations.
MH