Hey Jayhawkk........quick question..... - AnabolicMinds.com

Hey Jayhawkk........quick question.....

Question Hey Jayhawkk........quick question.....

What kind of "back issues" are you having my man???? I am a chiropractor and may be able to "steer" you in the right direction........Just a thought........Peace

Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Thanks KN, It tightens up to the point I find it nearly impossible to walk after mild exercise/movement(walking). I have mri results somewhere, I can give you those to put me in the right direction. I haven't seen a Chiro yet but I have an appt with a neurologist next week. I shake bad with little to no reason. From holding objects to exercising or maintaning a certain posture. It's a whole body twitch that looks like someone who shivers from being cold. I also get numbness and cold feeling in my feet.

They removed lipomas from my lumbar region thinking that maybe pressing on my sciatic nerve but that didn't resolve the issue. I have no strength loss in my upper body but I can't work my lower body well enough to know if I have strength loss or just atrophy from not being able to work that area without a lot of pain. Currently they have me on Celebrex which has let me workout again with mild to moderate discomfort instead of pain off the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Thanks KN, It tightens up to the point I find it nearly impossible to walk after mild exercise/movement(walking). I have mri results somewhere, I can give you those to put me in the right direction. I haven't seen a Chiro yet but I have an appt with a neurologist next week. I shake bad with little to no reason. From holding objects to exercising or maintaning a certain posture. It's a whole body twitch that looks like someone who shivers from being cold. I also get numbness and cold feeling in my feet.

They removed lipomas from my lumbar region thinking that maybe pressing on my sciatic nerve but that didn't resolve the issue. I have to strength loss in my upper body but I can't work my lower body well enough to know if I have strength loss or just atrophy from not being able to work that area without a lot of pain. Currently they have me on Celebrex which has let me workout again with mild to moderate discomfort instead of pain off the scale.
    Couple of times I used muscle relaxant
    SKELAXIN 800mg

I use just one pill for the ocasion when I am in cramps and have crooked spine from spasms.
    ============
    After I am relaxed I can do excercise recomended by Grunt76
    Herniated disks, GH, and IGF-1...

Spine surgery L3 -L5

Also
    http://www.invertrac.com/

and deep lounges (cant locate link).
    •   

Have you tried facet injections of cortisone I had them twice about 5 years ago and it took care of the lower back issue.
    I hope you find some relief Jay there's nothing worse than being down with your back.
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I'm going to move this to another forum guys since it now involves other things besides Anti-aging.

Hey Jayhawkk............

Hey buddy,

Sounds like you have some pretty serious "neurological symptoms" going on.........Cold feet, tingling, and strength loss are definite indicators of neurological problems.......aka, lumbar disc is swollen, bulging.......causing irritation to the lumbar plexus/sciatic nerve which runs down the back of the leg on both sides........

The positional "shaking" is caused from "disc loading" from the biomechanical problems in your spine........How did you originally injure your spine???? Specific trauma or chronic problems from lifting weights????

Lipoma's are rarely if ever a cause of those type of symptoms, it sounds like MD's trying to "reach for straws"........MD's are the last person you want to see when you have a bad back, I would go to a Chiropractor, D.O., physical therapist or anyone besides MD.........They have no training in back problems, other than how to hand out pain pills and muscle relaxants........JMO

Now, your neurologist is probably going to want to go in there and cut on you, thats how they make their money.........My suggestion to you, is to avoid surgery until its the last option........For several reasons, first of all, at your age, if you have surgery now, you are probably going to have others, due to scar tissue and arthritis from having surgery.........Secondly, there is always a chance that they actually make things worse, by tweaking a nerve or injuring the disc...........Dont get me wrong, I believe in surgery, just not as a first option..........Too many risks and things that can happen..........Best to go conservative and then do surgery if nothing else works.............I must warn you, the neurologist will probably try to scare you away from going to a chiropractor, but unless you have lost bowel control or severe pain down both legs, you can still be helped by a chiro..........

Do you have someone in your area that you can trust, as far as a chiropractor??? I would go to someone with good references, not somebody just out of school........I dont know what your financial situation is, but I know 2 really good chiro's in Nebraska, that specialize in lower back problems.......Also the Madison, Wisconsin and Chicago area........Can I assume you are in Kansas????? I can call some friends and get someone in your area if need be Jayhawkk.........Let me know what you are thinking???? Peace...........

PS........I would not recommend too much lifting until you get these neurological problems under control........You are going to make it worse..........Pain pills are fine temporarily or cortisone injections, if you cant handle the pain........But they would only give you up to 3 cortisone injections per year and they are known to "dry up" the joint and cause arthritis.......just so you know...........
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

In Maryland actually...Everyone thinks the Jayhawkks is named after the team

I have avoided surgery to date for those same reasons. I do have some swelling in the L3-4-5 with slight arhtritis that they say is normal for my age. My original trauma happened when I was about 16 and had someone land on me playing basketball. I don't remember too much except that they landed on the top of my back. never got past a xray due to no insurance as a kid but they didn't know if there was a fracture (hairline) or it was something else. I never went back.

Since then I was airborne in the army for several years which isn't too forgiving on backs either. Life long wear and tear on the back, I suppose. Thanks for the help , i'm still looking for those MRI results.

Similar Forum Threads

1. hey just a quick question
    By ThER6KinG in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 04:02 PM
  2. Hey quick question?
    By MattRoeske in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 11:36 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 09:13 PM
  4. Hey Bobo..quick question