boosting natural test levels

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
I've tried boosting my test levels via tribulus, avena sativa, and stinging nettle root, which worked to a degree, but I'm now looking at ways of suppressing or reducing estrogen levels. Would Rebound XT fit the bill or should I be looking at something else?

the Cardinal

Awards
I've tried boosting my test levels via tribulus, avena sativa, and stinging nettle root, which worked to a degree, but I'm now looking at ways of suppressing or reducing estrogen levels. Would Rebound XT fit the bill or should I be looking at something else?
I've had success boosting Free T using transdermal formestane - 80 ml, 2x daily - by 4 pg/ml in a month. Total T increased slightly (6 ng/dl), but IMO not enough to be statistically significant.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
tribulus dpes not increase test. Try some Long Jack and Muira Puama from NP that stuff is the SHIIIIIT!!!

JohnnyBGood

JohnnyBGood

Awards
Yea I like 6oxo better than reboundxt. ATD really obliterates estrogen too much for me. It's good to keep the levels low but going to low really is not good for a person.

And also-even though tribulus may not boost test levels, I believe it does at least mimic test. There's got to be some reason people have been taking it for decades.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yea I like 6oxo better than reboundxt. ATD really obliterates estrogen too much for me. It's good to keep the levels low but going to low really is not good for a person.

And also-even though tribulus may not boost test levels, I believe it does at least mimic test. There's got to be some reason people have been taking it for decades.
tribulus can boost your sex drive.
I have heard great things about toremifene citrate for estrogen.

I dont see how you would need something to control high estrogen levels from taking herbal compounds though????
especially if your just getting moderate gains

JohnnyBGood

JohnnyBGood

Awards
I dont see how you would need something to control high estrogen levels from taking herbal compounds though????
especially if your just getting moderate gains[/QUOTE]

6oxo has been shown to boost test in studies. It's not that it would be necessary to control high estrogen levels while using herbal compounds. It's just that if someone wants to stick to herbal compounds as opposed to test itself for a boost, then the 6oxo can help enhance the test boosting effects.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
especially if your just getting moderate gains
6oxo has been shown to boost test in studies. It's not that it would be necessary to control high estrogen levels while using herbal compounds. It's just that if someone wants to stick to herbal compounds as opposed to test itself for a boost, then the 6oxo can help enhance the test boosting effects.[/QUOTE]

is that right... cool thanks bro, i didnt know that.

So how cost effective is it?

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the formestane suggestion. I am currently using the Formestane/Penetrate transdermal. I am also doing a pulse cycle of Epistane (3 days/wk) which is a good estrogen suppressant.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Look into DIM. There are a few threads on it in the HRT section.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
DIM wont do much if anything at all for test levels.

Some longterm solutions would be ZMA which would cause an increase requirment for iron, calcium, vit e and a need for a multivitamin that contains selenium.

also NOW Grape seed extract.
These all act as an AI.

the Cardinal

Awards
Since I've had success with transdermal formestane boosting my free T levels, I've decided to try an experiment to see if I can boost my total T levels using 200 mg. of DHEA, amd 100 mg. of formestane daily.

In theory, DHEA combined with an aromatase inhibitor should boost T levels, but to what extent is anyone's guess. You would think that there would be a wealth of information - both research and anecdotal - with regard to such a combo, but so far, I haven't come across much except a study that used DHEA and atamestane (i.e., 1-Methyl-androsta-1,4-diene-3,17-dione) that supports this theory.

Does anyone see any potential downsides in using this combo?

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
tribulus dpes not increase test. Try some Long Jack and Muira Puama from NP that stuff is the SHIIIIIT!!!
What experience have you had with these 2 supps and how did you take them? I've been looking at them for a while but have never used them

Personally i've used MACA, which i use every day, and Horny Goat Weed which i cap myself and have a few times a day. These increase my sex drive and energy levels but not sure about increasing test levels though.

A ketogenic diet did it for me a while back though where the bulk of my diet was red meat and eggs with loads of broccolli & cauliflower.

That worked better than any supp i've tried.

Jag

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
Clomiphene (Clomid) - Tons of literature showing its safety and effectiveness in raising testosterone levels even for long periods of time (ex: 12 months) at relatively low doses. Look at some of my other posts if you want the abstracts I'm referring to.

AI's - would work but I would not run them long term.

Resveratrol - A whole bunch of research on this as well. It is healthy to take and would achieve your desired goals.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Since I've had success with transdermal formestane boosting my free T levels, I've decided to try an experiment to see if I can boost my total T levels using 200 mg. of DHEA, amd 100 mg. of formestane daily.

In theory, DHEA combined with an aromatase inhibitor should boost T levels, but to what extent is anyone's guess. You would think that there would be a wealth of information - both research and anecdotal - with regard to such a combo, but so far, I haven't come across much except a study that used DHEA and atamestane (i.e., 1-Methyl-androsta-1,4-diene-3,17-dione) that supports this theory.

Does anyone see any potential downsides in using this combo?
you are ahead of the times. they are asking for volunteers on the supp section to run dhea/atd. there must be potential for them to sponsor a study.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
gdbear65: Have you read of progesterone cream being able to control excessive estrogen? I have used it for a couple of months now and really like it. A man only needs about 10 mg. a day. You can type progesterone cream on your search engine and find it cheap. Good luck.