Help me please

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.85%

Help me please

H ey people, I have lost 38 lbs in 4 months went from 246 down to 208. I am eating plenty of protein and eating healthy 6 times a day, drinking 1 1/2 gallons of water a day, lifting weights 3 times a week walking or running the other 3 times a week with off day on Sunday, taking supps( multi, fish oil, whey protein, glutamine, BCAAs, but I am still having problems with my spare tire, and also will my skin ever tighten back up there or not??

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.17%

love handles

I too have had problems with losing that last little bit of fat that's hanging about my middle. Last summer I lost a fair amount of it by doing low to moderate intensity fasted cardio. When I got up, I'd drink 12 oz of water then do a fast walk/ slow jog for 40 minutes - I lost 12 lbs in 6 weeks, most of which was from my middle.

A friend of mine swears by RevXP - he took it for 6 weeks and lost most of his handles.

I read recently that a study has shown that spot reduction is possible from the respect that the temperature of the muscle and tissue surrounding muscle(s) increases during exercise, particularly endurance exercise. ie crunches, twisting crunches and other exercises of that nature - work up to 500 per session

I've also read that side planks/bridges help reduce love handles, which, based on the above-noted, would make sense, considering it is an endurance exercise.

Applying heat after exercise, in the form of a sauna belt can also burn a little extra fat.

Caffeine is good thermogenic aid in your fight against fat. You can take up to 200mg prior to doing fasted cardio or drink black coffee. White willow bark purportedly can enhance the thermogenic effect of caffeine.

Combining all of the above into a program should get you to your goal, although I wouldn't recommend combining caffeine and white willow bark with a fat burner like RevXP - pick one or t'other. Good luck.
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.38%

Are you sure that whats left is fat and not just loose skin? I ask because I tried to diet off the last bit of belly a years back and ended up dieting off muscle until I looked liek a pencil and it was still there. Turns out what I was trying to diet off was skin that was stretched for years to the point of no return.

Whats yoru bf %
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.85%

Hey cool thanks for the reply, will try it out, I forgot that I even wrote this one nobody has replied to it!!
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.85%

Quote Originally Posted by jcam222 View Post
    Are you sure that whats left is fat and not just loose skin? I ask because I tried to diet off the last bit of belly a years back and ended up dieting off muscle until I looked liek a pencil and it was still there. Turns out what I was trying to diet off was skin that was stretched for years to the point of no return.

Whats yoru bf %
    my body fat righ now is 18.5% so if it is skin can it retighten??
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdad View Post
    Hey cool thanks for the reply, will try it out, I forgot that I even wrote this one nobody has replied to it!!

Us old guys gotta stick together
  7. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.38%

my body fat righ now is 18.5% so if it is skin can it retighten??

At 18% I would guess a bit of its still fat. At 18 I have a little there anyway I would be a lot of its skin though.

How long was it stretched? There are those that have luck with it shrinking. Some use GH for that and swear by it. There are some that swear by mesotherapy for it. I had to get surgery. Cosmetically taht worked out ok.....I do however have ongoing scar pain that drives me insane.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.51%

H ey people, I have lost 38 lbs in 4 months went from 246 down to 208. I am eating plenty of protein and eating healthy 6 times a day, drinking 1 1/2 gallons of water a day, lifting weights 3 times a week walking or running the other 3 times a week with off day on Sunday, taking supps( multi, fish oil, whey protein, glutamine, BCAAs, but I am still having problems with my spare tire, and also will my skin ever tighten back up there or not??
    Hey how are you, I have had the same problem as you with the loose skin around the waist. Unfortunately, the only way to fix that is through surgery. It was a major downfall for me.
    I gained back my weight within the last 6 yrs, but I have recently lost 45lbs and am tryng to go back to 200-215lbs range and I know I will run into that problem again.
    This time I will have the surgery done!!
    Good Luck!

Similar Forum Threads

1. U bodybuilders can help me...Please look
    By Under Repair in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 12:19 AM
  2. Someone help me, Please Critique my diet.
    By Fun2Train in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 06:14 PM
  3. Someone help me, Please Critique my diet.
    By Fun2Train in forum Bulking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 01:35 AM
  4. M5AA cycle, loss in strength? help me please
    By PIOTREK in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 10:02 AM
  5. help me please (shoulder injury)
    By wantmoresize in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 06:40 PM