newbie requesting advice

Dogsoldier

Dogsoldier

Awards
Here is my history: 50 year old balding 4 eyed fat man. I was very active and in decent shape before a motorcycle accident about 8 years ago put me flat on my back for almost two. SInce then I have had Valley Fever and pneumonia and was put on predisone, yep you guessed I balloned right up to the tune of 100 pounds of lard.

Since October I have lost 50 of those pounds. I am doing a three day split with cardio mixed in. I have been trying some supplementation Alpha Male, ZMA, Flameout (expensive but doesn't give me fish burps), and L-Arginin. Oh yeah, I have tried Hot Rox and all it does is keep me awake. FWIW, no blood pressure issues since I dropped the weight. My diet is clean mostly lean protiens and veggies. No bread or white starches.

I am kinda running on instinct on the supplements. The doc agreed to send me for blood work to see what the hormones look like. - Always tired, moody [that is no me], the zip in life is gone, and very importantly I have a really nice looking and willing wife, and it sort of takes a bunch of effort for me to get interested :aargh: BTW, I am not talking about neding Viagara or any of the fix a flat meds. I have just lost interest as amatter of course. More from not thinking about it because something is off.

Anyway, now that I have completely emabarassed myself, sorry to be so drawn out. Would someone be kind enough to help me and suggest a suppliment stack? I am not really that interesting in HRT and the needle. What else can is there or am I screwed up with my supplement pack?Okay let me expand a tad. What I am looking for is a supplement pack that will:

1) Help with my gains in the gym
2) feel better
3) help with my weight loss program
4) put the lead back in my pencil.

I thank you.

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
I recommend Designer Supplement's ActiveTe + Rebound Reloaded Stack. It's a kick in the butt testosterone booster that is legal and sold in supplement stores or on line. Please visit my web site Body Building Senior.com and look around. I have some articles there for senior athletes. I also work with seniors using Distance Training to help with diets and weight training. If you are interested, contact me. There's a contact link on my tool bar. Let me know if I can help. Regards, Scott

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
you've lost 50lbs. and you still need assitance feeling better? what? listen you already know that hard work in the gym and proper diet is the BEST supplement.....looking to add anything after is nice don't get me wrong, i understand. for an all around good product do some research on Powerfull by USP labs, Lipo6 by nutrex, Anabolic Pump by USP, lead in the pencil? theres a bunch of manufactures for trib. that you could add to your supps. what i've noticed about A.M. is...generally speaking if it's talked about more than a couple of times here with positive feedback than it's good stuff and at least worth trying...there are some supps. out there that my body does not respond to and others swear by....moving slowly,reading the posts everyday, and seeing what people say about different products, and (sorry to say) picking up a couple here and there and doing a "roadtest" will benifit you well......just do yourself a favor IMO buy supps. on-line not @ an over priced supp store...save some money and if a certain supp. doesn't perform well than at least you didn't get raped on the $ .....throw out some questions to the group about specific supps and see what comes back....hey good luck bro, glad to see you're getting health back and not giving up and turning into a bigger "blob".....lots of people do just that...and i give you props for not...

maynard

maynard

Awards
t-boosters and dhea really brought me around around and im 50,but there is a lot of different opinions on dhea and to each their own . ive done it for 3 years without any problems and on workout days i took 300 mgs.thats not to say you have to take that much,but i beleive it helps your mood and enhances the test boosters.good luck and read all you can .

Tiki le

Tiki le

Board Sponsor
Awards
If you were to take one product, I would recommend Jungle Warfare by ALR Industries. Its a nutrient repartitioner, along with test boosteestrogen management/and anti-catabolic. One product that helps define, increase sex drive, and gain lean muscle tissue.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
DHEA works 50 mg a day..for us ole timers works wonders

Try Longjack as well, that will get the Libido back in check.

BillfromNJ

Awards
Here is my history: 50 year old balding 4 eyed fat man. The doc agreed to send me for blood work to see what the hormones look like. - Always tired, moody [that is no me], the zip in life is gone, and very importantly I have a really nice looking and willing wife, and it sort of takes a bunch of effort for me to get interested :aargh: BTW, I am not talking about neding Viagara or any of the fix a flat meds. I have just lost interest as amatter of course. More from not thinking about it because something is off.
I thank you.
I hate to say it but it sounds like low testosterone to me I had all the same symptoms and after trying everything on the market I opted for HRT and now 3 weeks into it I am starting to feel more like the old me hopefully a few more weeks and I'll be back to normal

Dogsoldier

Dogsoldier

Awards
What are you doing in the HRT, Bill? You doing the Androgel or the injections? ANd as such, are you taking anything to keep the estrogen levels down?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I's wait and see what the doc says about hormone levels but if I had to recommend anything off the bat, it would be MassFX, Activate or Jungle Warfare. They all contain an extract of nettle root which binds with Sex Hormone Binding Globulin - thus freeing up more of your natural testosterone.

BillfromNJ

Awards
What are you doing in the HRT, Bill? You doing the Androgel or the injections? ANd as such, are you taking anything to keep the estrogen levels down?
I just sarted on 100mg weekley injections and 4 capsules of Myomin daily for AI and when levels are titrated I will be adding HCG to my protocal if you go over the the anti aging boards here there is a wealth of information there

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
I's wait and see what the doc says about hormone levels but if I had to recommend anything off the bat, it would be MassFX, Activate or Jungle Warfare. They all contain an extract of nettle root which binds with Sex Hormone Binding Globulin - thus freeing up more of your natural testosterone.
As one also on TRT, I gotta agree here. You need to get some blood work done first. This will tell you exactly what is going on. You can spend a boatload of money "shooting in the dark" trying to find out what works and what doesn't. As you can see, the answers are going to many and varied. Not everyone responds to the same supplements.

I would suggest go to your Dr and have a full hormone panel done. If you sustained a head injury, you could also have a pitutary problem. Check out the Male Anti-Aging Medicine section with those of us on TRT. It is worth a read for self-education.

Good luck man, and keep us posted.

Dogsoldier

Dogsoldier

Awards
The bike accident really didn't mess up my head. Well sort of it did. I threw a blood clot that induced a stroke while my legs were on the mend. There have been such good gains (weight loss) by working out and eating clean that I can pretty much rule out the pitutary. I am going to try something first then if that doesn't work, I will look at the hormone panel. The problem is my doc, who is a gret guy is pretty conservative on the subject of HRT.

Thanks.