40 lbs in 2.5 years, now I snore like a banchi...

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
and the wife is pissed.... I've been married now for 18 years and never really snored up until a year ago.... I weighed 157lbs 2.5 years ago and today I'm 197lbs. I've been lifting for about 5 years but really started a full blown out bulk 2.5 years ago. I'm at about 12-14% bf, so I know I've put a lot of muscle on and not to much fat.... I've tried the breath right strips but that doesn't help... Anyone else have this problem?.... Maybe it comes with age :whiner:

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I have this problem but I think its because i have a deviate septom (sp?) Not sure in your case though.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
go and have it checked out at a sleep clinic

Chance1253

Awards
Get to a sleep study and get hooked up with a CPAP. It feels weird at first but it will be your best friend in time. I don't even take naps without mine.

daman43

Awards
It's the weight

I'm only 30 but I drive the wife crazy with the snoring too. I usually go up to 230+lbs during winter and back down to around 210 during warm months, but that 20lbs definitely makes for restless nights for the wife and a soar back for me because all of the wife's finger poking.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yup, once i started packing on the pounds i began snoring.

comes with the job description i suppose

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry, should have spell checked it. :box:

Actually, I looked up the origin of the expression (I've heard it all my life) just to see what it said - that is the only reason I know.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've found that when I sleep on my side, I almost never snore. My girlfriend has told me that when I sleep on my back, I am much more likely to bother her with snoring. It might be something worth trying out, I've gotten to the point where I have trouble sleeping on my back, but it's fine by me if it keeps the snoring down.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Actually, I looked up the origin of the expression (I've heard it all my life) just to see what it said - that is the only reason I know.
LOL.... I just looked it up also.
Banshee (ban·shee). (in Irish folklore) a spirit in the form of a wailing woman who appears to or is heard by members of a family as a sign that one of them is about to die.

Now I can ask my wife if I really sound like a dead wailing woman. :rofl:

This is what she may look like... The Banshee, not my wife.

Attachments

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
I've found that when I sleep on my side, I almost never snore. My girlfriend has told me that when I sleep on my back, I am much more likely to bother her with snoring. It might be something worth trying out, I've gotten to the point where I have trouble sleeping on my back, but it's fine by me if it keeps the snoring down.

that could be something going on with your adnoids or uvula. have you been checked for sleep apnea?

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that could be something going on with your adnoids or uvula. have you been checked for sleep apnea?
I haven't felt the need to get checked out. I was more referring to the fact that I can't get comfortable on my back to sleep, as I'm so adjusted to sleeping on my side. I very rarely sleep on my back as a matter of preference, so the snoring is very rarely an issue.