Lower shooting back pain

1. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Lower shooting back pain

I've hurt my back in the past it hurt but it eventually went away. This time it seems different in alot of ways.A little over 2 months ago I was squatting 425 felt pretty good,about 2 days later I turned at work and felt a sharp shooting pain down my lower back to the upper part of my butt.I've never felt pain liker this before and for the next 2 weeks it happened often, sometimes I was sitting sometimes just standing, sometimes when i turned or leaned a certain way.After this it got about 50% better but now it's about 2 and a half months later and it's not going away it's not so much a shooting pain but the pain still goes from my lower back down to my upper butt.It gets worse when i'm on my feet for a long time like at work or when i wrestle around with my kids.I was just wondering if anybody here had or has a similar experience and could give me some advice.I was thinking either cortisone shot or maybee go to a chiropractor,any advice would be appreciated.Thank You

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.26%

Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    I've hurt my back in the past it hurt but it eventually went away. This time it seems different in alot of ways.A little over 2 months ago I was squatting 425 felt pretty good,about 2 days later I turned at work and felt a sharp shooting pain down my lower back to the upper part of my butt.I've never felt pain liker this before and for the next 2 weeks it happened often, sometimes I was sitting sometimes just standing, sometimes when i turned or leaned a certain way.After this it got about 50% better but now it's about 2 and a half months later and it's not going away it's not so much a shooting pain but the pain still goes from my lower back down to my upper butt.It gets worse when i'm on my feet for a long time like at work or when i wrestle around with my kids.I was just wondering if anybody here had or has a similar experience and could give me some advice.I was thinking either cortisone shot or maybee go to a chiropractor,any advice would be appreciated.Thank You
    Cortisone is bad idea. It weakens tendons by 40%. There are better things. Here is a couple threads that might be helpful.

Recommendation for Bulging Discs in back

Sciatica
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.79%

I've had 4 back surgeries in my life and you don't want to go there. Start out with rehab and a good anti-inflammatory meds (diclofenic), the cortisone shot should be your last option before getting cut. I know you don't want to hear this but lay off the squats, deadlifts, and anything that puts compression on your back for about 2 months while you go to rehab.

If rehab doesn't work, post again and we can explore your options. Good Luck
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

advice would be appreciated

I don't have advice about back problems, my advice is instead about cortisone shots: Don't take them. Check your side effects on line and make up your own mind. Threre's only one sane answer in most cases: avoid. You could go see a chiropractor, that might help you or it might waste some money, but don't a cortisone shot, that will hurt you.

Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
  5. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks for all the advice. I'm definately going to stay away from the cortisone and give it more time to heal.Maybee come back lifting slowly targeting my lower back and abdominal muscles (I heard this helps alot with lower back pain) and if needed use antiimflamitories -----maybee see a chiropractor.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lower Back Pain
    By Claudio in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 11:02 AM
  2. Lower back pain
    By spoofy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 01:26 PM
  3. Lower back pain on m1t
    By Ripped1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6