Want to hear from the Old Users

spiderman7

Awards
Is it possible to recover fully after a cycle in your old age?

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Is it possible to recover fully after a cycle in your old age?
I don't know, since I have never cycled. However, I have competed in non-tested shows on several occasions, against Masters who have. At my last non-tested show, the 50+ competitor collapsed on stage during prejudging and didn't return. He was passed out backstage for quite a while and had to be sent to the ER for medical help. And, one of my 60+ competitors at the same show told me he had "dieted" down from 218 to 199 pounds in 10 days, as he was trying to control a severe nose bleed back stage before prejudging. I know there is a lot of HRT & TRT going on in my age group, and I know many of my non-tested competitors have cycled, because they tell me they do. A number have extended stomachs and some just don't feel 100%. At another non-tested show earlier this year, one of my fellow Masters had to leave right after pre-judging because, he told, me, "I just pissed up a bunch of blood." And, to think, they all are just trying to win a $25 trophy. I do not condem or condone cycling of any type. Each competitor must decide what he wants to do to his body. I'm just glad there are two tracks.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't presume to speak for everyone and what can or can't be accomplished. I will say that for myself, I am now on cycle and from repeated experience expect to fully recover as usual. If you know what you are doing, prepare, supplement and carry out your cycle and post cycle therapy properly there is no reason not to recover. Of course I am only 65 so maybe when I reach old age all this will change. LOL

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't presume to speak for everyone and what can or can't be accomplished. I will say that for myself, I am now on cycle and from repeated experience expect to fully recover as usual. If you know what you are doing, prepare, supplement and carry out your cycle and post cycle therapy properly there is no reason not to recover. Of course I am only 65 so maybe when I reach old age all this will change. LOL
I agree with you. The key word is "experience." You know what you are doing, what works, what doesn't and what to expect between cycles. Unfortunately, many young athletes don't have that experience and just cycle with dreams of growth without considering the consequences. Education is the missing element. And, getting that education by asking your fellow gym member and cycler for advice is not the answer.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I agree with you. The key word is "experience." You know what you are doing, what works, what doesn't and what to expect between cycles. Unfortunately, many young athletes don't have that experience and just cycle with dreams of growth without considering the consequences. Education is the missing element. And, getting that education by asking your fellow gym member and cycler for advice is not the answer.
Truer words etc. I put as much energy into studying what to do as I do working out. I set specific goals in each case. Fortunately anyone with half a brain can find their way here and get tons of good, free info and advice. I am a powerlifter not a BBer but the formula for success is the same in each case.