Looking for trainers who understand mature adult bodybuilding.

1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.37%

Looking for trainers who understand mature adult bodybuilding.

I'm a trainer - but even trainers need trainers from time to time, right?

My hometown is small, and there isn't anyone whom I feel can help me with advanced bodybuilding techniques who is familiar with training guys my age (54).

I'm headed up to Northern California for a week in late December - does anyone know of any trainers worth consulting up there?

I just need to have an hour or two of his time to get an outside perspective.

Thanks!

PS: If there's sufficient interest, I'm willing to start a general referral list for trainers who do age-appropriate training....

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.39%

At 58 I would be very interested in any references to older training. I'm in SW Denver and am no longer an active trainer/martial arts instructor. I have been combing thru books, web sites, mag articles etc.

I currently train with a 30 yr old and have to keep reminding him that he recovers faster and that he needs to be patient and careful with his training.

All of the trainers in the 24Hr that i use are young and when I watch them with clients I most definitely wouldn't use any of them.
  3. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

May not be your cup of tea, or geographically feasible but I would believe this guy knows his stuff: Zane Experience
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.37%

B... I know some folks who did the Zane thing when it was in Palm Springs. Not sure I'd go that route.

GLG... We have clients from Denver, and in fact, all over the US & Canada. I'd be happy to discuss our programs with you if you're interested. My professional email is PrimeFitJoe@dc.rr.com ---- Joey
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I live in Alabama. I am training a 40 year-old one-on-one to enter his first Masters Bodybuilding competition in April. I also have a client in Wyoming, one in Florida, one in California and one in Georgia that I train with what I call "Distance Training," through email, chat and cell phone. I provide diets and training plans and monitor each individual's progress. Two of my four "Distance Training" clients are going to enter their first Masters competition in 2007. I call this group "Team Old Navy." My "Distance Training" includes contest prep, posing, supplements, diet and various training plans. All of my clients are "natural." One did some shows in the 80's and used, but now he is natural. As you know, you have to be five or seven years without enhancements in Natural Federations. You can see photos of Team Old Navy on my site: Body Building Senior.com

Scott "Old Navy" Hults
    NGA & IDFA Natural Master Pro Bodybuilder
    Train Hard. Train Natural
    Body Building Senior.com
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

get ahold of Layne Norton...he either can help you, or point you in the right direction.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.83%

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PSBigJoey
    I'm a trainer - but even trainers need trainers from time to time, right? My hometown is small, and there isn't anyone whom I feel can help me with advanced bodybuilding techniques who is familiar with training guys my age (54).
    My trainer is an amazingly built 63 y/o who was just recently featured in the new issue of MD in an article about how the NPC should allow him his pro-card (he is not a naturalized citizen).

Tony is wonderful and he has a very level headed even handed approach to getting fit and then getting ready to compete. He was hard on me and encouraging at the same time while trying to pick up the pieces of a trainer who dropped the ball on me 6 weeks before my first comp. I am going to work with him again this year.

You can find him at BB.com if you go to the search field and put in Tony O'Connor. You could probably also look him up on google as well.

Check him out ~T
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71%

Anyone that might need help can contact me here:
    Weights On The Web - Home

I`m 51 and a national level competitor who has won about 60 trophies.

Thanks!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Looking for users who have ran P-stanz
    By JT54 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 02:23 PM
  2. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 02:50 AM
  3. LG MMV2 (looking for people who have run this)
    By joebo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 05:02 AM
  4. Looking for people who have Bulked using CKD/TKD.
    By Frank Reynolds in forum Bulking
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 03:10 PM