how does a 677 total test score look?

  1. how does a 677 total test score look?


    I just got the results from my bloodwork. The test was for total testosterone. I have 677. Am I wasting my time trying to make serious gains like this? What is an average test level for making good gains?

  2. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Your test levels are just fine.
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

    Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

    I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.
    •   
       


  3. Yussir, they're just dandy!

  4. yeah, who are you calling a dandy? j/k
    I am curious what other peoples test levels are and how much success they have had in the gym w/out strong supp's?

  5. My test levels measured in at only 460, and I was still able to add muscle (although it takes a considerable longer amount of time and greater training to do it).

  6. how did you guys get your test scores? How much? Ive always been curious on my test levels if they are high or low.

  7. My Test levels are at 175......now that sucks......

  8. I went to my piece of sh1t doctor and showed him a printout of the symptoms of low testosterone (his colleague had previously diagnosed me with chronic fatigue syndrome the quack), I said "I have all these sypmtoms", he said "everyone has all those symptoms", I said "I want a referral to an endocrinologist", he said "your too muscular for testosterone defficiancy", I said "I workout alot! I want a blood test."
    He wrote me up for a "total test" test.
    Son of a b1tch was right. **** I hate him.
  9. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Well, not to defend the doctor but he is not entirely incorrect either. At 677 total test it does not raise a red flag for test disorders. That is quite healthy really. I would be very surprised if you are deficient in free test.

    If you insist on it there are other means:

    Blood tests. Discounted blood tests. Blood tests for health.

    TESTOSTERONE - FREE
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

    Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

    I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump
    how did you guys get your test scores? How much? Ive always been curious on my test levels if they are high or low.
    Have your Dr run a blood test on you. You will want to know the scale range (upper and lower range in ng/dl) and your "free" and "total" test levels. As I understand it, your total test levels is the total testosterone your Leydig cells naturally produce before they are bound by SHBG, and the free is what is left over to promote sex drive, muscle growth etc...

    IMO, it is a good idea to get tested, even though one may not have any symptoms. This establishes a baseline while you are not having problems. Should one start to exhibit low test levels, at least the Dr will know where your levels were before hand.

  11. I'm satisfied with the results of the first test. I dont want to go and prove him right a second time.
    Honestly I was hoping that 2 weeks of androstenedione applied transdermally 2 weeks ahead of time with no PCT would scew the results and get me a script for HRT.
    In hind sight I think that would have been a bad idea and I'm glad it failed.
    Son of a b*tch... I wasted another day on this forum. Barely have time to workout now. Bye

  12. I just had a physical and am waiting for my results, I am pretty curious, as a ecto, I am expecting low range numbers, will post when known..........

  13. I received my results in the mail yesterday, it showed the test level readings as incomplete and to make matters worse it said I need to come back in for a hepatitis profile and U/5 of liver to evaluate abnormal liver functions. WTF is this all about, I live as clean a lifestyle as I ever have. I have researched Hepatitis a little, but I guess I,ll find out soon enough, the interesting part about all this is, I was suppose to start a Superdrol cycle today, but not now and maybe not ever, I did a cycle about two years ago with no problems and have had a complete physical before this last one with no problems. Damn I hate waiting, test are scheduled for 12/20/06.......

  14. Quote Originally Posted by RipdnTxs
    I received my results in the mail yesterday, it showed the test level readings as incomplete and to make matters worse it said I need to come back in for a hepatitis profile and U/5 of liver to evaluate abnormal liver functions. WTF is this all about, I live as clean a lifestyle as I ever have. I have researched Hepatitis a little, but I guess I,ll find out soon enough, the interesting part about all this is, I was suppose to start a Superdrol cycle today, but not now and maybe not ever, I did a cycle about two years ago with no problems and have had a complete physical before this last one with no problems. Damn I hate waiting, test are scheduled for 12/20/06.......

    i wouldnt worry about it, doctors tend to go overkill on tests to cover their own asses if they arent quite sure whats wrong. when i had pubertal gyno in the 9th grade a doctor sent me for an MRI of my pituitary. i wouldnt worry yet.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by RipdnTxs
    I received my results in the mail yesterday, it showed the test level readings as incomplete and to make matters worse it said I need to come back in for a hepatitis profile and U/5 of liver to evaluate abnormal liver functions. WTF is this all about, I live as clean a lifestyle as I ever have. I have researched Hepatitis a little, but I guess I,ll find out soon enough, the interesting part about all this is, I was suppose to start a Superdrol cycle today, but not now and maybe not ever, I did a cycle about two years ago with no problems and have had a complete physical before this last one with no problems. Damn I hate waiting, test are scheduled for 12/20/06.......

    You're gonna die bro. Give me all your gear, etc. Nice knowin ya! And, if your girl is hot, give me her number.........

  16. Quote Originally Posted by not_big_enuf
    You're gonna die bro. Give me all your gear, etc. Nice knowin ya! And, if your girl is hot, give me her number.........
    I don't care who you are..... That there is funny!


  17. The love and support I get here is what keeps me coming back, and by the way u can have my wife, NOT my girlfriend !!!!!!!!!!

  18. Quote Originally Posted by RipdnTxs
    The love and support I get here is what keeps me coming back, and by the way u can have my wife, NOT my girlfriend !!!!!!!!!!
    Crap.... I don't want your wife. Only a crazy, half-retarded guy would a wife.... (and yes, I realize that I just offended half of the muscleheads on this board... but then they reread it and agreed).

    And yes, I'm only 29, so I shouldn't be reading the old-fogey boards, but I'm trying to figure out what's going to happen to me when I get old, depleted, senile, and, quite frankly..... small.

    Or, is it that my body FEELS like I'm old. Not sure. Thanks for the laughs guys... and please don't show up on my doorstep in your rascals pointing your canes at me. I don't want to go through that AGAIN!!!

  19. Well, the news just gets better for me all the time, just got off the phone with my Doc. and my test level was a pathetic
    377 and he said it was within normal range for my age. Its no wonder my gains come as quickly as they would for my freakin sister, this just sucks. As far as my liver enzymes being off, he agreed that a leg workout about 36 hrs. before the test could have skewed the results due to tissue breakdown, so I have another test on Saturday, no more lifting till then, so now me and my le fem Nikita test levels will eat bon bons and watch Lifetime Network.....................
  20. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by RipdnTxs
    so now me and my le fem Nikita test levels will eat bon bons and watch Lifetime Network.....................
    "your movies on"
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

    Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

    I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.

  21. hm. I tested at 427.

  22. Hey at least you don't have to deal with temperatures in the teens you bein' from Texas.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by RipdnTxs
    Well, the news just gets better for me all the time, just got off the phone with my Doc. and my test level was a pathetic
    377 and he said it was within normal range for my age. Its no wonder my gains come as quickly as they would for my freakin sister, this just sucks. As far as my liver enzymes being off, he agreed that a leg workout about 36 hrs. before the test could have skewed the results due to tissue breakdown, so I have another test on Saturday, no more lifting till then, so now me and my le fem Nikita test levels will eat bon bons and watch Lifetime Network.....................
    I tested at 300. Doctor says it's within range and gave me Viagra to offset the ED,
    Can you imagine what our levels will be like when we are in our 50's,,

    needless to say, I just found a new doctor..

    I recently had blood work done and my AST/ALT liver values were just off the normal range, but everything else was normal. This was also caused by working out before the blood test.

  24. I know I'm gonna screw things up by making sense but, isn't working out ultimately about being healthy. I'm 54 and I don't have any idea what my test numbers are but I don't have too much trouble putting on muscle. I'm not a Mr. Anything but I get a lot of compliments paticularly from women who guess my age wrong most of the time.

    I've done ph's in the past with pretty good success. I have, however found that women like balls not peanuts so I think I'm better off using "Game" and being healthy than getting big on any type of "drol" for a short time and maybe coming up short, If you get my drift.

  25. I had a blood workup after my last show (11/4) this season to see where I was in terms of cholesterol, ratio and test. My cholesterol is 180 and my testosterone is 450. At 63, I believe I have enough test to continue adding muscle. As a "natural" competitor, I couldn't do Growth Hormone Therapy or Testosterone Replacement Therapy if I wanted to. It's not legal in "testing" federations.


    Scott "Old Navy" Hults
    NGA & IDFA Natural Master Pro Bodybuilder
    Train Hard. Train Natural
    Body Building Senior.com

    My Sponsor: Golden Images, LLC. Supplements

  26. Are these test #s for total or free test?

    any sites out there listing the common ranges for age groups?

  27. Its Bioavailable testosterone not Total Testosterone that determines how much testosterone is doing for you in the gym.

    I cant get bioavailable here in australia but free testosterone is the next best thing although it isnt so reliable. My free testosterone was really low 54 (40-138) and IGF-1 was 24 (24-102).
    Needless to say joint problems were an issue among other things.


    Quote Originally Posted by smithsonga
    any sites out there listing the common ranges for age groups?
    Yep, Center For Clinical Age Management - Natural Hormone Replacement, Boca Raton Florida.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by GO_OUTSIDE!
    I just got the results from my bloodwork. The test was for total testosterone. I have 677. Am I wasting my time trying to make serious gains like this? What is an average test level for making good gains?



    677 !!! You'll never get into a good college with that score. Stop hitting the gym and start hitting the books.

  29. My baseline is 618, free test 15.5. On Activate and RR, I jump to 1000+, free test 40. Gains don't depend solely on test. If you have poor androgen receptor signaling, a lot of test doesn't help.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by SubliminalX
    My baseline is 618, free test 15.5. On Activate and RR, I jump to 1000+, free test 40. Gains don't depend solely on test. If you have poor androgen receptor signaling, a lot of test doesn't help.
    ANyone know how or what can be done to improve androgen receptor signalling?

  31. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump
    ANyone know how or what can be done to improve androgen receptor signalling?
    That's a whole new ball game there... not a fully understood topic.

    It is known that the numbers of androgen receptors typically decline with age. So, in regards to the original question of what T levels are needed for gains, it's not a simple answer. If you have low numbers of androgen receptors, then you can give yourself tons of androgens and they no where to bind in the body. Genetics plays a role in how much the androgen receptors decline with age. Not sure what what is known about how to increase the numbers of receptors in the body.

  32. is there anyway to test how many ARs you have in the body or is that like counting sand on the beech?

  33. That's about where my test was when I convinced my Urologist to put me on Test.
    It's ok but you would feel better at 1200.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    I know I'm gonna screw things up by making sense but, isn't working out ultimately about being healthy. I'm 54 and I don't have any idea what my test numbers are but I don't have too much trouble putting on muscle. I'm not a Mr. Anything but I get a lot of compliments paticularly from women who guess my age wrong most of the time.

    I've done ph's in the past with pretty good success. I have, however found that women like balls not peanuts so I think I'm better off using "Game" and being healthy than getting big on any type of "drol" for a short time and maybe coming up short, If you get my drift.
    Yes. But, how do you workout if you do not have the energy? I was recently diagnosed with low T. 106 at 36 years old. I asked for a T test based on my research. The low energy, low stamina, lack of concentration, low sex drive, etcetera. I basically had to diagnose myself.

    A few months prior, I was diagnosed with insulin resistance. A1c was borderline and my blood sugar finger pricks were running about 140 first thing in the morning.

    I did not feel this was the whole problem so I did my own research. I have been working out since 14 years old. I am not overweight. I'm in pretty good shape for my age.

    I narrowed it down to adrenal fatigue or low T. I asked for the T test and it was 106. Since then, I have had 5 additional blood tests confirming this low number.

    I have read many research articles that state low T is a contributor to insulin resistance. If I can get my T levels in the 900 range then it should help with the insulin resistance.

    I told my doctor that was my goal and he/she refused to treat but did give me a referral to a Endo. The Endo did all of their testing and agreed to place me on Androgel treatment.

    After 7 months of treatment I noticed severe testicular shrinkage. Needless to say, I was upset. I found many research articles (like Dr. John's) speaking to HCG treatment in conjunction with T therapy. Despite faxing over the research and several phone conversations I could not convince my Endo to give me the HCG with TRT.

    They simply said, this is not how we do TRT treatment. Regardless of the research I supplied them that HCG would prevent this. They stated I could take one or the other but not both? I stated, no, HCG will not get my TRT levels between 800-1000. My research indicates this is a level that you will benefit the most. You will feel the best and make the best gaines without massive side effects.

    Despite this, they refused to do both. So, I searched out doctors that specialized in Anti-Aging. I found a doctor that practiced standard medicine for 25 years and over the last 6 years has specialized in Anti-Aging. I called their office and spoke directly with this person. I told him the problems I were having and the side effect from TRT using Gel.

    This person really knows their stuff. He said I was absolutely right and that all of his patience are prescribed HCG with T injections versus the Gel. In addition, you need an aromatase inhibitor to keep your estrogen levels under control. Problem is, after a few weeks your estrongen levels might increase and you start to feel bad again.

    Endo's and other doctors will not think twice about prescribing a statin drug which will kill you. Or addictive pain killers like oxycontin. They will prescribe 6 different drugs to treat diabetes but they will not f'ing treat the underlying cause if you have low T?

    It is f'ing insane, it makes me so angry.

    All I'm asking for is my T levels to be in a normal and acceptible range so I feel better and can workout. If I can workout 6 days per week and not feel tired then my health is going to be maintained long term and I will be strong and not suffer bone loss, etcetera.

    They do not have a problem giving women every hormone under the sun but will not help men.

    I did not ask for low T. I have it now and it is treatable. And, it is treatable without nut shrinkage. If I can get my levels to 800 and not suffer with nut shrinkage then I'm damn well going to do it.

    I do not take any other medications, I take DHEA, a lot of Omega 3 supplements, etcetera.

    I'm not asking for prescription for Oxycontin, ADD medication, Statins, Cholestorol medications. All of which can kill you.

    Ever since I found this doctor my life has turned around. For once, I have the energy and stamina to workout every day. Mentally I feel fantastic. Physically I feel fantastic.

    Let's face it, men need this hormone and enough of it or you are waisting your time.

    Sooner or later people are going to wake up and realize this stuff has a valid medical use and is absolutely needed if you are a man.

    I just hope that men that felt like I did get to their doctor and ask for T test and find someone who will give them the correct treatment. I get the feeling that many Endo's and other doctors do not have a clue as to how they should properly treat this growing problem.

    I'm just a engineer and I knew more about T treatment than my Endo. My primary doctor would not even treat me and I've been using that doctor for 7 years.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 11:54 PM
  2. How does my run at mgf/igf look?
    By rexanator in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 04:54 PM
  3. How does this 1,4/hdrol cycle look
    By noconviction in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 09:31 PM
  4. how does my first SD cycle plan looks?
    By munstah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 02:24 PM
  5. Okay bros, how does my new upper/lower split look?
    By Lone Wolf in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Log in
Log in