38 and ready to get back into it

zues

Awards
Thought I would finally post after reading for a couple of months. I trained regularly for about 15 yrs then had to stop due to 2 herniated discs. Had surgery 6 yrs ago but never went back to the gym. Back is fully recovered and considering how I let myself go - I feel I will rebound fairly quickly. My job is extremely physical and is what kept me from becoming a total slob. I have some mega H for when I feel my body is ready, even have some old androstack kickin around but from what i've read its pretty much worthless. My question is, at my age what supps would be worth taking now as I start back up and /or should I take any test boosters? I have some rebound reloaded and novedex xt. Not looking to do any real cycles until the old bones say the're ready - just looking to help kickstart and keep energy up. - THX

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
Hey Bro,

I'm 36 going on 37 in a couple of months. Sorry to dis. all the board sponser but I'm not impressed with any sups out there save your money for your first aas cycle when you are ready.

I still use these sups during PCT, but I'm growing skeptical of them.

I can't find any solid clinicals that indicate anything like trib, fenu greek, activate (nettle root?) honestly do anything to boost natural test.

Standard pratices seem to work best, lots of sleep, and keep away from the booze seems to be the best advice.

There is a thread about stand alone clomid might be helpful in the release of LH. My experience indicates this might be true, but the moodiness it induces might not be worth it.

As you probably know getting enough protein without turning into a lard ass is one of the biggest challenges as you get older. But, you will find that you can still make gains at a respectable rate, even if you do become a fat ass.

Let me know if you find any good sups or stumble on any advice.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Welcome dude! 39 here and in the best shape of my life.

Get yourself some protein powder, a good multi-vitamin, creatine, fish oil, green tea, and a zinc/calcium/magnesium tab and you'll be good to go!

zues

Awards
Thanks for the advice and welcomes. I do take multi - vitamins and diet is almost pure protein since I basically have unlimited access to beef, eggs and chicken. As for the creatine - with the mono, esters etc..what are your preferences?

shoestring

Awards
Thanks for the advice and welcomes. I do take multi - vitamins and diet is almost pure protein since I basically have unlimited access to beef, eggs and chicken. As for the creatine - with the mono, esters etc..what are your preferences?
I get good results with just the regular monohydrate stuff in a juice mix

festus

festus

Awards
Welcome aboard.
One supplement that has helped me is DHEA. If you have any fat to get rid of I would recommend it.
Creatine also seems to help with workouts, but I would have to agree with fatsuperman. At our "advanced" ages nothing works like good old anabolics.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
Welcome aboard.
One supplement that has helped me is DHEA. If you have any fat to get rid of I would recommend it.
Creatine also seems to help with workouts, but I would have to agree with fatsuperman. At our "advanced" ages nothing works like good old anabolics.

Festus,(or anyone)
What would a good DHEA be for a first timer @ 35? What type of dosing to be effective? Any different from a younger man? Thanks.

zues

Awards
I do have dhea but also have questions on dosing. Also had read previous posts about questionable estrogen conversion. Seems like one of those that supps that will work for some but not for others. What amounts do you take Festus and do you take with meals? Do you take in morning? Thx for the response.