Ulcers can kill!

Smoky

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So you think you are an Iron man? Or so I thought.

I am here to share that a bleeding ulcer is no joke. I came as close to dying as I care to come due to severe bleeding ulcers. 3 as a matter of fact. Hindsight now is clearer than ever. I was in the later weeks of a superdrol/Xmass cycle. I had dropped the Xmass and was preparing to switch in TRN/TST to finish the when the devil reared it's ugly head. I have been living a reasonably healthy lifestyle most of my life and thought I was dealing with lethargy and usual sides. I thought this mostly due to the fact I would feel like crap and return to what I thought was normal for a few days. Shortly I would feel like crap again. My appetite was falling and putting down the required cals was an effort. Now I know this was due to the blood volume in my gut. With hindsight I can now positively identify the symptoms for you. Extreme lethargy, severe night sweats, loss of appetite, slow rise in blood pressure. The final sign that brought it together was a black stool. This meaning there was more than likely bleeding in the GI. The next morning I couldn't stand for more than 10 seconds. If I remained on my feet I would most certainly pass out. I never stayed standing long enough for this to happen. Immediately upon laying down before I fell down I would have a case of cold shivers vibrate through my body but would pass quickly. I grew rapidly worse from that point and was in a squad headed for the ER before days end. I remained awake through out the ordeal, but I can clearly remember the EMT becoming vary concerned once I threw up what looked like coffee grounds.(it was blood) They hit the lights and we were warp speed from there on in. They immediately gave me two units of blood and I began to feel better but far from good. Others have reported that I looked ashen grey.(like warmed over death) I spent threee days of torture within the institutional walls before my release. As soon as I was able to eat I had my friend and family shuttling in decent food. I lost 10 pounds during my stay but have since gained it back.

One may ask how did this come to be? I have consumed aspirin for years. When I say years I mean in excess of 15. I had a 30' fall years ago. That coupled with being the lead car in a six car pile up on the interstate has left me with some constant pains ansd issues. Regular pain killers and narcotics only make me violently sick where as aspirin helped with no apparent sides. Had I known of cissus and its properties I would have included it in my regimen years ago but that is hindsight. Apparently I paid the price. I am recovering nicely but still lack stamina. ON the positive side of things even though I had to suddenly stop my cycle and all support supps, My blood tests have proven once again that I tolerate and suffer no ill side effects from any of the compounds used. Other than HGB being low due to blood loss and a slightly elevated white count all was well. Once again I am living proof that a strong and healthy body has got your back when you need it most. I also truly owe my family and friends for being there for me and helping me get back on my feet.

I wish this on no one and hope my sharing of this will help another avoid this calamity. If I can answer any questions, I would be glad to if I can.

Live strong or Die!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Wow, glad you are still with us Smoky. I've heard these sorts of stories about aspirin use before and it is a scarey kinda deal for sure.

Get well brother, get lots of b12, folic acid and ester C in you to help rebuild your hematocrit and RBCs.

Glutamine may also help heal up the stomach and intestinal linings.

kdarrell

Awards
I've been diagnosed with two stomach ulers, (not bleeding, thank god). I control them diet. I had pills a couple of years ago and they helped to get them under control. My question is can they turn into bleeding ulcers if not monitored correctly?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yes, particularly if you ingest acidic things like lots of aspirin, alcohol et cetera. Most are now found to be caused by bacteria, Helicobacter pylori, which can be killed off with medication.

kdarrell

Awards
Yes, particularly if you ingest acidic things like lots of aspirin, alcohol et cetera. Most are now found to be caused by bacteria, Helicobacter pylori, which can be killed off with medication.
I know aspirin is bad for ulcers. What about Tylenol or advil. I have really bad headaches some times and I take advil for it, are these pain relievers as bad as aspirin?