:wtf:

I do have a healthy dinner planned...

chicken breast
corn on cob
green beans.

plain of course:burger:

CareTaker

Awards
If I remember right your on a diet yea? If so that's a lot of carbs, but your a smart guy I know you'll fix that.

I am on a diet so to speak..testing the waters....but I am a girl...I need carbs..or I get really mean - any way to know what are good carbs/bad carbs?? and how much can I have a day!!!!! My weak time is between 2-3pm.:wtf:

Id rather give up chocolate and sex before carbs:woohoo:

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Good carbs are wholewheat/wholegrain types. So things like oats, brown bread, brown rice, brown pasta. Fruit and vegetables are good sources of carbohydrate aswell.

As for how much you should be eating we'd have to know your weight, your bodyfat % would be a plus too.

CareTaker

Awards
Good carbs are wholewheat/wholegrain types. So things like oats, brown bread, brown rice, brown pasta. Fruit and vegetables are good sources of carbohydrate aswell.

As for how much you should be eating we'd have to know your weight, your bodyfat % would be a plus too.

im 5 ft 9 - 160 lbs

thick in middle

no idea on bodyfat % ill try to find out

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hi,
Ok your ratio is going to need to be more like 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat.
You are really going to have to cut out the pasta and add more lean meat, chicken for example.

Corn on the cob, although not terrible has a high GI index for a vegetable and can spike your sugar levels making you crave sweet things.

You need to be taking low GI carbs and more protein.

Calorie wise you are at about the right amount, you just need to switch a couple of things up.
How about switching your grape nuts and milk for oatmeal (old fashioned) made with water?

You seem to already know from your fitday log where your weakness is, so keep up with it and be strict with yourself. Try cutting out one sweet tea a day and see how that goes.
Its going to need to be small changes at a time if you are going to stick with it, but this is going to be a complete lifstyle change, not just a quick fix.

Keep us updated with your fitday.
KG

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ditch the corn for Broccoli :D Corn is high in natural sugar, NO NO for you!!!!!

We want to see your foods please post a link to your fitday.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Have you calculated your BMR yet?
If not, go here: BMR Calculator

That will give you an idea of your BMR. If you want to lose weight, say 1 pound per week, you will need to eat 500 cals less/day than your BMR. etc. etc. I'm sure you know this stuff but this will give you a good baseline start on your diet plan.
good luck.

CareTaker

Awards
Have you calculated your BMR yet?
If not, go here: BMR Calculator

That will give you an idea of your BMR. If you want to lose weight, say 1 pound per week, you will need to eat 500 cals less/day than your BMR. etc. etc. I'm sure you know this stuff but this will give you a good baseline start on your diet plan.
good luck.

wow you guys (& gals) are so helpful!!! I had no idea about all this stuff.

So heres what I did

36 yrs old
160 lbs
69 inches (5 ft 9)
said 1509 calories for woman

Light activity 90 mins a day (house cleaning etc) does fast typing count lol

1734 calories per day for woman:bb:

CareTaker

Awards
Ditch the corn for Broccoli :D Corn is high in natural sugar, NO NO for you!!!!!

We want to see your foods please post a link to your fitday.

broccoli might work..it makes me puke LOL

Ill skip the corn.....:hammer:

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
wow - great minds on this board.

Up til now most of what I read on this board is how to build and put on muscle.

Im impressed - All the support this lady is getting on how to get rid of probably years of unwanted fat.

Noone has yet mentioned blood work...to check hormone imbalance....

and Caretaker - read, learn and WANT your goals - if you want it bad enough theyre yours.

Go girl! Go for the Gold. Think about staying with us and becoming a Gold Member - its not necessary - but it will help with the support of this board.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Oatmeal is great and you might try some psyllium pills between meals (metamucil)......the fiber is good for you, makes you feel full, and lowers cholesterol at the same time.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
ok..got the metamuceal today.....well see how that works...i hate to waste the corn on the cob...so I used it as a tracer for the metamuceal LOL

hope I dont get banned for my sick sense of humor.....just edit me....instead
Work your way up with the metamucil. Small dose at first, a little more each day. I take 6 a day (2 x 3 doses)....but you don't want to start out taking that many.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Caretaker- try to live off the foods listed here, and make sure to avoid the ones in the last list (simple carbs)on the right side at all cost!!!!

if its not on these lists, its questionable, got it! I hope this helps you!!!!

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Great reference of nutritional content Fit!
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FitnFirm again."

I will mention that different brands of food have different amounts of carb/protein/fat per 100g so if it's an option try to get the most nutrient dense foods (just not fat dense), it'll help get your meal size down without lowering your calorie intake.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
What? No pics yet? Let's get busy girl :)

FnF nice post, thanks some good info there, hope you saved that for us ;)

CareTaker

Awards
I will take pics this weekend...I just need to find the right outfit.:donut:

CareTaker

Awards
warning - 1 met tablet causes severe bloating and stomach cramps LOL

CareTaker

Awards
Caretaker- try to live off the foods listed here, and make sure to avoid the ones in the last list (simple carbs)on the right side at all cost!!!!

if its not on these lists, its questionable, got it! I hope this helps you!!!!

great info...where do you find this stuff!!!! I got it all printed....THANKS SO MUCH!!!!:cheers:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
How often are you working out?

At 5'9" and 160lbs, your BF is probably reasonable and I'd guess somewhere around 30%.

For a bodyfat reduction plan, my calculations give you the following for total daily caloric needs:

2,041 kcal
300g pro
180g carbs
53g fat

I used a 50/30/20 split for macro ratios. If anything, I would swap carbs for fat, but don't mess with the protein or lower the fat IMO. This split seems to work well for the ladies I've been training.

This assumes 1/2 hour of moderate weightlifting and 45 minutes of cardio.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Note to AM folks from the Emergency Warning System - do not listen to Kwyck.
His diet consists of ice cream and other junk.
He's a poor role model.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread...

CareTaker

Awards
forgot to mention....how does 1150 cc's of saline figure into my body weight?? I mean thats 10 lbs there, right??

firm & heavy!!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Assume about 1 g/mL, so 1150 grams.

Or 1150/454 = 2.5 lbs or so.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Note to AM folks from the Emergency Warning System - do not listen to Kwyck.
His diet consists of ice cream and other junk.
He's a poor role model.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread...
Hey, hey...like my dad always said: "do as I say, not as i do!" :lol:

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
That's a lot of saline....:box:

I went straight to the kitchen...found and filled a measuring bowl...I agree that is alot of saline!:jaw: are you sure? Not thats its important or relevant to your eating habits or excersice program.

I think all here are excited about your after pictures in 6 months. I agree with fitnfirm, posting pics will give you more incentive to work harder.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Where the heck are you!!!!!!!! You shall not keep FnF waiting!!!!!:bruce1:

CareTaker

Awards
its been a rough week family wise....will return soon.