so......how to lose weight - AnabolicMinds.com

so......how to lose weight

  1. New Member
    CareTaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    134

    Reputation

    so......how to lose weight


    I want to lose about 20 lbs....

    are there any exercises at home I can do....besides sitting on that ball all day!!

    I have a two yr old - and my "gym" has no daycare. So I would like to do something at home..at least til I get in the mood enough to go further by joining a day care friendly gym.

    walking?
    squats?

    I do have some weights....and that great ball....

    I dont eat bad...no sweets, minimal carbs. I do drink coke though....I get really mean if not.

  2. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Rep Power
    11678

    Reputation

    Re: so......how to loose weight


    Well, first step in loosening the weight is by stretching it. I start off by pulling a little at a time and working my way until I can hide small children in the folds to get into movie theatres...



    Seriously, you're going to need to post your actual diet and stats. Push ups sit ups, cardio like jumping jacks etc can help but you're going to need to get the diet in check.

    Set up an account at fitday.com this will help start and keep track.
  3. New Member
    CareTaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    134

    Reputation

    Re: so......how to loose weight


    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Well, first step in loosening the weight is by stretching it. I start off by pulling a little at a time and working my way until I can hide small children in the folds to get into movie theatres...



    Seriously, you're going to need to post your actual diet and stats. Push ups sit ups, cardio like jumping jacks etc can help but you're going to need to get the diet in check.

    Set up an account at fitday.com this will help start and keep track.

    I should have posted this in weight loss eh?? Sorry if so.I am not that fat...cant hide kids yet LOL

    Im 5ft 9 and 160lbs. 36 yrs old. Just need to loose the giggle LOL
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Rep Power
    11678

    Reputation

    Re: so......how to loose weight


    How about your diet? If you're eating that clean I would be willing to bet you're not eating enough and put your metabolism in hybernation.
  5. New Member
    CareTaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    134

    Reputation

    Re: so......how to loose weight


    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    How about your diet? If you're eating that clean I would be willing to bet you're not eating enough and put your metabolism in hybernation.

    so what youre saying is I might be able to eat more!!!! Man..I love this place already!!!!!!

    by the way....what he heck is that in your avatar??

    Oh yeah..no jumping jacks here....I dont wanna get black-eyes!! (36..ok....38D)
  6. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Rep Power
    11678

    Reputation

    Re: so......how to loose weight


    A lot find they don't eat enough or often enough to stimulate their metabolism so it could be the case. It's also possible you think that pizza and ding dongs are main food groups
  7. Registered User
    Basso's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,178
    Rep Power
    857

    Reputation

    Re: so......how to loose weight


    Besides diet, walking is a great way to get in some exercise, plop the kid in a stroller and go. When I was stuck at home with my kids when they were little I would do kid lifts, presses, curls, squats etc. The kids loved it, and I got a little workout in. I also had a Burly (bike cart) and would tow 'em all over (they normally fell asleep in that). You can get pretty creative at home though, you'd be suprised how much you can do. 5lb bag of whatever is 5lbs just like a db! Of course like Jayhawkk said, diet is the key though, exercise will help it along.
  8. New Member
    CareTaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    134

    Reputation

    Re: so......how to loose weight


    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    A lot find they don't eat enough or often enough to stimulate their metabolism so it could be the case. It's also possible you think that pizza and ding dongs are main food groups

    no...I hate pizza.....but ding dongs...well thats another story. (nope..not really no sweets)

    I will record what I eat tomm. Im pretty good..really!!!
  9. IBE Representative
    JBlaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    8453

    Reputation

    Re: so......how to loose weight


    Quote Originally Posted by CareTaker
    no...I hate pizza.....but ding dongs...well thats another story. (nope..not really no sweets)

    I will record what I eat tomm. Im pretty good..really!!!
    Are you a member of fitday.com? If not, you should sign up..it's free, and will provide you with a basic idea of the macros you are consuming daily. Also, are you drinking regular coke or diet?
  10. IBE Representative
    JBlaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    8453

    Reputation

    Re: so......how to loose weight


    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Well, first step in loosening the weight is by stretching it. I start off by pulling a little at a time and working my way until I can hide small children in the folds to get into movie theatres..
    I also went ahead and fixed your title to say "lose" instead of "loose" so Jay can't harrass you.
  11. New Member
    CareTaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    134

    Reputation

    Re: so......how to loose weight


    Quote Originally Posted by JBlaze
    Are you a member of fitday.com? If not, you should sign up..it's free, and will provide you with a basic idea of the macros you are consuming daily.

    I will definately go check it out!!!!! THANKS!!!
  12. New Member
    CareTaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    134

    Reputation

    Re: so......how to loose weight


    Quote Originally Posted by JBlaze
    I also went ahead and fixed your title to say "lose" instead of "loose" so Jay can't harrass you.

    I cant say that spelling is a talent of mine LOL

    THANKS!!!
  13. New Member
    Irish_Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    40
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    261

    Reputation

    Re: so......how to loose weight


    Quote Originally Posted by CareTaker
    I cant say that spelling is a talent of mine LOL

    THANKS!!!
    Diet, eat more often (smaller meals).

    push ups, abs, lunges, squat jumps, buy a ****e video to workout too. Jump rope (sports bra will hold them), run in place, take your nipper for ride on the pedal bike. I am getting a workout just typing this, see how easy it is.
  14. Registered User
    AGELESS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    70
    Posts
    312
    Rep Power
    271

    Reputation

    FitnFirm -

    Ive searched and searched and I have not found a front picture of you. You have accomplished much - will you share some inspirational pictures?

    And, CareTaker, if you are serious and want to get into shape, I would suggest some before pics (for yourself - or some to share in about 6 months.)

    I know Im out of line for asking...but I dont think there is a bodybuilder on this board who doesnt appreciate progress pics, especially of you ladies.

    We are family here, so how about someface pictures???
  15. New Member
    CareTaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    134

    Reputation

    I will get my dh to take pics...but I wont be posting them for a while!!!
  16. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Rep Power
    11678

    Reputation

    What's a DH?
  17. New Member
    CareTaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    134

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    What's a DH?

    sorry...I thought about that...alot of women use DH for darling husband...although its been known to mean %$^& head as well. I prefer darling though.

    ( I also want to clarify that I want to lose the jiggle...not the giggle...man..I am not really blonde....anymore)
  18. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Rep Power
    11678

    Reputation

    haha Okay.
  19. Banned
    FitnFirm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,635
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    You must be crazy ageless, LOL see that link below in my signature, its my log, go there and within the first page or two you will find my starting pictures for this bulking I am doing now. I guess you didnt know how to find it and thats why you posted here, LOL Sorry Caretaker for the HIjack


    EDIT- here is the link to the post with recent pics
    FnF's Monster Mass Building, Fat Incinerating Plan with ALRI






    Quote Originally Posted by AGELESS
    FitnFirm -

    Ive searched and searched and I have not found a front picture of you. You have accomplished much - will you share some inspirational pictures?

    And, CareTaker, if you are serious and want to get into shape, I would suggest some before pics (for yourself - or some to share in about 6 months.)

    I know Im out of line for asking...but I dont think there is a bodybuilder on this board who doesnt appreciate progress pics, especially of you ladies.

    We are family here, so how about someface pictures???
  20. Banned
    FitnFirm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,635
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CareTaker
    I will get my dh to take pics...but I wont be posting them for a while!!!

    Hey caretaker,

    Believe it or not, the best way to get this weight off is facing your fear, Post the pictures, once you do that you will work you a$$ off to show us you can work hard and do better, it really works. I been there I know!!!!!!!!!! I mean thats what your here for right? Support and knowledge.

    We can give plenty of both, but to be accurate in what we tell you, we need to see where you are right now. Dont be scared, its a nice crowd here and no one will flame you, there are adults here.
  21. Registered User
    AGELESS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    70
    Posts
    312
    Rep Power
    271

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm
    You must be crazy ageless, LOL see that link below in my signature, its my log, go there and within the first page or two you will find my starting pictures for this bulking I am doing now. I guess you didnt know how to find it and thats why you posted here, LOL Sorry Caretaker for the HIjack


    EDIT- here is the link to the post with recent pics
    FnF's Monster Mass Building, Fat Incinerating Plan with ALRI

    Fitnfirm....I only searched the pic forum...and with all due respect you do look "fit" and very "firm" thanks for pointing those out to me - very nice!!!

    Now lets see if we all can convince "caretaker" to post a few before pics and wait 6 months or so to post progress pics!!!
  22. New Member
    CareTaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    134

    Reputation

    I **MIGHT** post pics - without a face - just to motivate myself! I just got a new computer...so Im working on getting pics from the old one to the new one.
  23. Board Supporter
    karategirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    255

    Reputation

    If you post your daily diet, we will really be able to help, otherwise it's hard to see where to start.
  24. Banned
    FitnFirm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,635
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CareTaker
    I **MIGHT** post pics - without a face - just to motivate myself! I just got a new computer...so Im working on getting pics from the old one to the new one.

    C'mon Caretaker, DOnt make the gals look weak!!!! We are not afraid of NO MEN!!!!!!! They all post their pictures to help others see progress, thats how we all learn what works and we love sharing with others.

    You dont have to show your face unless you want to, totally understandable. But believe me when I tell you that it will be your biggest motivation factor!!!!!! And now that you have joined fitday, you are on the right track. You should put a link into your signature for your fitday like Karate girl said so we can see what you are eating, we are like the food nazi's here We will make sure you are eating good

    .74 pounds a week is a easy task, IF you are eating clean and exercising. Also make sure to keep up on your fitday because in a matter of a day or two you can really set yourself back. NEVER eat anything that you do not know the nutrient content of.

    We are here for you, we all want you to succeed in your goals and you will be treated with respect, cause if your not I have a bunch of head hunters that will take of that right away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Ok!!!! SO lets get crackin girl!!!!!!!!


    ps. Ageless did not pay me to beg you LOL
  25. Banned
    FitnFirm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,635
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AGELESS
    Fitnfirm....I only searched the pic forum...and with all due respect you do look "fit" and very "firm" thanks for pointing those out to me - very nice!!!

    Now lets see if we all can convince "caretaker" to post a few before pics and wait 6 months or so to post progress pics!!!


    Thanks Ageless for the kind comments I will update pictures once a month in my log, and that means before next Monday there will be some more. I did post a few of my back progress the other day.


    As far as Caretaker- She is putty in my hands

    OOPS!!!!! She wasnt supposed to see that!!!!! LOL
  26. Professional Member
    RoadBlocK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,210
    Rep Power
    82879

    Reputation Reputation

    Dont know if this will help you, but the 5-6 small/moderate meals a day may be just what you need to kick start your metabolism. I fell into the bad habit of 3 meals a day, for while, work, busy, excuses, etc. Getting back to the 5-6 meals a day really help make a difference. Also, as someone else posted, get into a walking routine, I was amazed at the positive results a friend showed just from distance walking 2 times a day, during lunch hour and at night after dinner.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 11:49 AM
  2. how to lose stubborn post pregnancy weight!!!
    By kelstanfield in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 12:14 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 08:01 PM
  4. i need suggestions how to lose weight
    By arsenal121290 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2008, 02:28 AM
  5. how to lose weight quickly?????
    By merllin_2000 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 11:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in