so......how to lose weight

CareTaker

Awards
I want to lose about 20 lbs....:jaw:

are there any exercises at home I can do....besides sitting on that ball all day!!

I have a two yr old - and my "gym" has no daycare. So I would like to do something at home..at least til I get in the mood enough to go further by joining a day care friendly gym.

walking?
squats?

I do have some weights....and that great ball....

I dont eat bad...no sweets, minimal carbs. I do drink coke though....I get really mean if not.:twisted:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Re: so......how to loose weight

Well, first step in loosening the weight is by stretching it. I start off by pulling a little at a time and working my way until I can hide small children in the folds to get into movie theatres...

Seriously, you're going to need to post your actual diet and stats. Push ups sit ups, cardio like jumping jacks etc can help but you're going to need to get the diet in check.

Set up an account at fitday.com this will help start and keep track.

CareTaker

Awards

Well, first step in loosening the weight is by stretching it. I start off by pulling a little at a time and working my way until I can hide small children in the folds to get into movie theatres...

Seriously, you're going to need to post your actual diet and stats. Push ups sit ups, cardio like jumping jacks etc can help but you're going to need to get the diet in check.

Set up an account at fitday.com this will help start and keep track.

I should have posted this in weight loss eh?? Sorry if so.I am not that fat...cant hide kids yet LOL

Im 5ft 9 and 160lbs. 36 yrs old. Just need to loose the giggle LOL

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

How about your diet? If you're eating that clean I would be willing to bet you're not eating enough and put your metabolism in hybernation.

CareTaker

Awards

How about your diet? If you're eating that clean I would be willing to bet you're not eating enough and put your metabolism in hybernation.

so what youre saying is I might be able to eat more!!!! Man..I love this place already!!!!!!:bow28:

by the way....what he heck is that in your avatar??

Oh yeah..no jumping jacks here....I dont wanna get black-eyes!!:jaw: (36..ok....38D):blink:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

A lot find they don't eat enough or often enough to stimulate their metabolism so it could be the case. It's also possible you think that pizza and ding dongs are main food groups :)

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established

Besides diet, walking is a great way to get in some exercise, plop the kid in a stroller and go. When I was stuck at home with my kids when they were little I would do kid lifts, presses, curls, squats etc. The kids loved it, and I got a little workout in. I also had a Burly (bike cart) and would tow 'em all over (they normally fell asleep in that). You can get pretty creative at home though, you'd be suprised how much you can do. 5lb bag of whatever is 5lbs just like a db! Of course like Jayhawkk said, diet is the key though, exercise will help it along.

CareTaker

Awards

A lot find they don't eat enough or often enough to stimulate their metabolism so it could be the case. It's also possible you think that pizza and ding dongs are main food groups :)

no...I hate pizza.....but ding dongs...well thats another story. (nope..not really no sweets)

I will record what I eat tomm. Im pretty good..really!!!

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

no...I hate pizza.....but ding dongs...well thats another story. (nope..not really no sweets)

I will record what I eat tomm. Im pretty good..really!!!
Are you a member of fitday.com? If not, you should sign up..it's free, and will provide you with a basic idea of the macros you are consuming daily. Also, are you drinking regular coke or diet?

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Well, first step in loosening the weight is by stretching it. I start off by pulling a little at a time and working my way until I can hide small children in the folds to get into movie theatres..
I also went ahead and fixed your title to say "lose" instead of "loose" so Jay can't harrass you.

CareTaker

Awards

Are you a member of fitday.com? If not, you should sign up..it's free, and will provide you with a basic idea of the macros you are consuming daily.

I will definately go check it out!!!!! THANKS!!!

CareTaker

Awards

I also went ahead and fixed your title to say "lose" instead of "loose" so Jay can't harrass you.

I cant say that spelling is a talent of mine LOL

THANKS!!!:jaw:

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established

I cant say that spelling is a talent of mine LOL

THANKS!!!:jaw:
Diet, eat more often (smaller meals).

push ups, abs, lunges, squat jumps, buy a ****e video to workout too. Jump rope (sports bra will hold them), run in place, take your nipper for ride on the pedal bike. I am getting a workout just typing this, see how easy it is.

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
FitnFirm -

Ive searched and searched and I have not found a front picture of you. You have accomplished much - will you share some inspirational pictures?

And, CareTaker, if you are serious and want to get into shape, I would suggest some before pics (for yourself - or some to share in about 6 months.)

I know Im out of line for asking...but I dont think there is a bodybuilder on this board who doesnt appreciate progress pics, especially of you ladies.

We are family here, so how about someface pictures???

CareTaker

Awards
I will get my dh to take pics...but I wont be posting them for a while!!!:run:

CareTaker

Awards
What's a DH?

sorry...I thought about that...alot of women use DH for darling husband...although its been known to mean %$^& head as well. I prefer darling though.

( I also want to clarify that I want to lose the jiggle...not the giggle...man..I am not really blonde....anymore):jaw:

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You must be crazy ageless, LOL see that link below in my signature, its my log, go there and within the first page or two you will find my starting pictures for this bulking I am doing now. I guess you didnt know how to find it and thats why you posted here, LOL Sorry Caretaker for the HIjack ;)

EDIT- here is the link to the post with recent pics
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/555372-post52.html

FitnFirm -

Ive searched and searched and I have not found a front picture of you. You have accomplished much - will you share some inspirational pictures?

And, CareTaker, if you are serious and want to get into shape, I would suggest some before pics (for yourself - or some to share in about 6 months.)

I know Im out of line for asking...but I dont think there is a bodybuilder on this board who doesnt appreciate progress pics, especially of you ladies.

We are family here, so how about someface pictures???

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I will get my dh to take pics...but I wont be posting them for a while!!!:run:

Hey caretaker,

Believe it or not, the best way to get this weight off is facing your fear, Post the pictures, once you do that you will work you a$$ off to show us you can work hard and do better, it really works. I been there I know!!!!!!!!!! I mean thats what your here for right? Support and knowledge.

We can give plenty of both, but to be accurate in what we tell you, we need to see where you are right now. Dont be scared, its a nice crowd here and no one will flame you, there are adults here.

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
You must be crazy ageless, LOL see that link below in my signature, its my log, go there and within the first page or two you will find my starting pictures for this bulking I am doing now. I guess you didnt know how to find it and thats why you posted here, LOL Sorry Caretaker for the HIjack ;)

EDIT- here is the link to the post with recent pics
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/555372-post52.html

Fitnfirm....I only searched the pic forum...and with all due respect you do look "fit" and very "firm" thanks for pointing those out to me - very nice!!!

Now lets see if we all can convince "caretaker" to post a few before pics and wait 6 months or so to post progress pics!!!

CareTaker

Awards
I **MIGHT** post pics - without a face - just to motivate myself! I just got a new computer...so Im working on getting pics from the old one to the new one.

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you post your daily diet, we will really be able to help, otherwise it's hard to see where to start.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I **MIGHT** post pics - without a face - just to motivate myself! I just got a new computer...so Im working on getting pics from the old one to the new one.

C'mon Caretaker, DOnt make the gals look weak!!!! We are not afraid of NO MEN!!!!!!! They all post their pictures to help others see progress, thats how we all learn what works and we love sharing with others.

You dont have to show your face unless you want to, totally understandable. But believe me when I tell you that it will be your biggest motivation factor!!!!!! And now that you have joined fitday, you are on the right track. You should put a link into your signature for your fitday like Karate girl said so we can see what you are eating, we are like the food nazi's here :) We will make sure you are eating good :)

.74 pounds a week is a easy task, IF you are eating clean and exercising. Also make sure to keep up on your fitday because in a matter of a day or two you can really set yourself back. NEVER eat anything that you do not know the nutrient content of.

We are here for you, we all want you to succeed in your goals and you will be treated with respect, cause if your not I have a bunch of head hunters that will take of that right away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok!!!! SO lets get crackin girl!!!!!!!!

ps. Ageless did not pay me to beg you :) LOL

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fitnfirm....I only searched the pic forum...and with all due respect you do look "fit" and very "firm" thanks for pointing those out to me - very nice!!!

Now lets see if we all can convince "caretaker" to post a few before pics and wait 6 months or so to post progress pics!!!

Thanks Ageless for the kind comments ;) I will update pictures once a month in my log, and that means before next Monday there will be some more. I did post a few of my back progress the other day.

As far as Caretaker- She is putty in my hands :toofunny:

OOPS!!!!! She wasnt supposed to see that!!!!! LOL

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Dont know if this will help you, but the 5-6 small/moderate meals a day may be just what you need to kick start your metabolism. I fell into the bad habit of 3 meals a day, for while, work, busy, excuses, etc. Getting back to the 5-6 meals a day really help make a difference. Also, as someone else posted, get into a walking routine, I was amazed at the positive results a friend showed just from distance walking 2 times a day, during lunch hour and at night after dinner.