The Dutchman's Still Doing It.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Somehow the local paper the Ocala Star Banner heard of me and asked to do a story. They interviewed me this week and then followed me to the gym where they took a ton of photos. This article is in today's paper but the online version only uses one photo. They are sending me a CD with copies of all the shots. I'll add a few when I get them. At the moment I am 5'11", 218 lbs and older than dirt.

The Dutchman Is Still Kicking
http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060604/FEATURES09/206040329/1015

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Congrats, DMAN :cheers:

Pretty cool! I hope I can hang with you in another 38 years :D

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
props to the Dutchman, great article and looking great :thumbsup: Keep it up, you are an inspiring young man :)

whunterx

whunterx

Awards
Congrats !! I wanna be like you when I grow up.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Congrats !! I wanna be like you when I grow up.
At your young age, I'm sure you already do or will certainly soon make me green with envy of your youthful progress and future potential. As our Philly idol once said "Go For It!"

R

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Awesome Dutchman! Looking great, keep it up.

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
I have heard alot about you - first time seeing your pic. You look great man. I am in Florida too..maybe we can get together soon and compare notes!

S

size

Awards
  • Established
Great work. I love seeing individuals who continue to exercise and live healthy lives as they age. Too many people use age as an excuse.
I really think this is a great quote from you that is so true, "People in my age bracket don't get too old to lift, They just get it in their mind that they're too old."

You and Ageless are great examples that fitness does not have to disappear with age.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I have heard alot about you - first time seeing your pic. You look great man. I am in Florida too..maybe we can get together soon and compare notes!
Hey Ageless, thanks. I live up here in The Villages about an hour NW of Orlando. Where are you at? If you've never been here maybe you'ld like to come and check it out. We call this place Disneyworld for Adults. Nothing else like it on earth.

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
Very nice dutchman. You look better than I do and i'm 22. Pretty sad really.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Very nice dutchman. You look better than I do and i'm 22. Pretty sad really.
Look at the positive side 3V1l. You are already into "IT" at the young and tender age of 22. You can, you will be sooooo much better than my wildest dreams that I can only envy the fun you are going to have as you progress. Good luck and Godspeed!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Are you in one of those above 55 communities??

I remember Boca Raton was LITTERED with them when we lived down there.

:toofunny: @ older than dirt

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
j

Are you in one of those above 55 communities??

I remember Boca Raton was LITTERED with them when we lived down there.

:toofunny: @ older than dirt
Yep I am. The only exception is that this one is the granddaddy of them all. With already about 70,000 residents and reaching around 110,00 in the next 5 years it is a huge, gated community. We are building more but already have 8 championship golf courses from Palmer, Lopez et al and another 20+ executive nines that we play free for the rest of our lives. We have two downtown squares and are soon building a third where we have free music entertainment every night of the year. Our shops, hospital, churches, movies, stores, restaurants, bars etc are classics. Nothing is allowed here except the very best. Of course the homes here are appropriately expensive, a good $100,00 to $150,00 more than comparable neighboring homes simply because of the lifestyle we enjoy. We have none of the congestion of South Florida, we have none of their tax burden, none of their weather problems and we have much better logistics and road connections. People are leaving the South to come here and coming down from the North in DROVES. Our home values are appreciating off the charts. You have never seen or heard of anything comparable to this anywhere in the world. Just take a look at any golf match on TV and one of the sponsors will be the Villages. I don't kiss their *ss but God this is heaven for a retiree.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
It is 55 and up??

Edit - I gotta go post some Hot or Not links for post #3k.
Be on the lookout for that Dutch. I know you need a libido boost you old fart!!!!

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
Look at the positive side 3V1l. You are already into "IT" at the young and tender age of 22. You can, you will be sooooo much better than my wildest dreams that I can only envy the fun you are going to have as you progress. Good luck and Godspeed!
Thanks for the positive words DMAN. I find it encouraging to trash talk myself! I'm actually gearing up for my 2nd body for life contest so for the next 2 weeks i'm throwing diet out of the window in favor for a better before picture.