Hair friendly Prohormones for 40 year old

Mr. V

Awards
I am doing some cutting right now and have a goal of getting in the best shape of my life by my 40th birthday which is in about 5 weeks.

Over the last 6 months I have acquired the following products:

Superdrol
Prostanzol
ErgoMax LMG
Max LMG
PheraPlex
Ultra Hotter
Rebound XT

Kinda nutty, I know, but I thought the ban was coming and started a collection.

Anyway, now I am ready to do a 4 week cycle and have decided to go easy on my hair. Which products are best for this?

Keep in mind, I don't need to gain 15 lbs in 4 weeks. I would be happy to keep and possibly put on 5+ lbs of lean mass while cutting if that is possible.

I am currently using CKD for my diet protocol taking in about 180 grams of protein per day. I currently weigh 190lbs at 5'11" tall with a goal of losing 10 lbs of fat in 5 weeks.

If the products I have are not suitable, what would be?

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
I personally like Ergo and Prostan for cutting, better yet though is Mega TRN, best recomp effects I have ever seen on cycle. I am running MTRN and ProStan right now for a cut/recomp. Superdrol will also give you lean gains, but on low carb you feel horrible on it and it was pretty rough on my hairline. PP was good, but I see it as more of a bulker, since it was a little wet for me. Sorry I haven't ran Max LMG before, but I read some of the logs, and it sounded like it could work for your purposes as well. The UH and RXT would both be for PCT, and not actually for the cycle itself. Overall though, since you don't have MTRN:sad:, I would run Ergo with ProStan.

Mr. V

Awards
I personally like Ergo and Prostan for cutting, better yet though is Mega TRN, best recomp effects I have ever seen on cycle. I am running MTRN and ProStan right now for a cut/recomp. Superdrol will also give you lean gains, but on low carb you feel horrible on it and it was pretty rough on my hairline. PP was good, but I see it as more of a bulker, since it was a little wet for me. Sorry I haven't ran Max LMG before, but I read some of the logs, and it sounded like it could work for your purposes as well. The UH and RXT would both be for PCT, and not actually for the cycle itself. Overall though, since you don't have MTRN:sad:, I would run Ergo with ProStan.
What is MTRN? I am not familier with this one.

Also how are Ergo/ProStan, Phera, and MTRN on the hairline?

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
MTRN is Mega TRN, formerly Methoxy TRN. Generic Labz makes it and most of the board sponsors have it on sale now. Ergo/ProStan was so-so on the hair, not as bad as SD. Phera was very mild on the hair (I didn't notice anything hair wise), and MTRN has been good to me for the past 4 weeks. I am very prone to MPB, my dad was bald by 19 and my hairline started pushing back when I was 16, so I do everything I can to keep what I have left.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No matter what you read about certain PHs not being bad on the hairline take certain preventive measures. Always cover your ass. If you're exposed to MPB which you would already know by now then acceleration is very possible.

If you're concerned about your hair, I suggest you read the "Hair Loss Prevention" sticky found in the anabolics section. This thread is extremely helpful is figuring out hair loss and anabolics. Best of luck. Also, I'd suggest if your going to jump on a PH to bump your protein and let your body feed a little more. Only you will know the point at where your maintenance calories are on whatever PH.

Mr. V

Awards
No matter what you read about certain PHs not being bad on the hairline take certain preventive measures. Always cover your ass. If you're exposed to MPB which you would already know by now then acceleration is very possible.

If you're concerned about your hair, I suggest you read the "Hair Loss Prevention" sticky found in the anabolics section. This thread is extremely helpful is figuring out hair loss and anabolics. Best of luck. Also, I'd suggest if your going to jump on a PH to bump your protein and let your body feed a little more. Only you will know the point at where your maintenance calories are on whatever PH.
Yes I have previously read the hair loss sticky and am up on the current treatments. Mine is not so bad, but I don't want it to get bad either. The sticky does not discuss which supplements are more anabolic or more androgenic, so that is why I am asking for some advise here on specific suggestions/stacks.

I appreciate the tip on upping the protein.

opks22

Awards
SD was also pretty harsh on my hair as well, which has me a bit confused since people tend to say PP is a bit worse on the hair. Wannagro seems to have had a different experience as what most have seen. that being said, i havent tried most of the products you listed, but i would refrain from using the SD.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
SD was also pretty harsh on my hair as well, which has me a bit confused since people tend to say PP is a bit worse on the hair. Wannagro seems to have had a different experience as what most have seen. that being said, i havent tried most of the products you listed, but i would refrain from using the SD.
That was my point that I really didn't point out. We know so little about all of these new designers that its hard to say. SD is supposed to be low on androgenic sides but it has hit me at the hairline so its good to take necessary precaution with any of them. I know I will from now on.

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah the precautions/preventatives are what I was talking about when I said that I do what I can to keep what I have, I go the minoxidil + finasteride route myself. As far as the PP goes, most of what I have seen people say that 2-ene is mostly anabolic and the the 3-ene is more androgenic therefore making the ergo more androgenic than PP. This is how it seemed to me. PP really idin't hurt the hairline, ergo did but not that bad. Out of everything I have ever ranthough, SD was the worst and then high does M5AA was a close second.

Mr. V

Awards
That was my point that I really didn't point out. We know so little about all of these new designers that its hard to say. SD is supposed to be low on androgenic sides but it has hit me at the hairline so its good to take necessary precaution with any of them. I know I will from now on.
Well, I guess SD and PP are off my list then, unless of course I did a "light" cycle(of PP that is). I wonder if just 10-20 mg per day would be as harsh.

And as far as proper precautions, what can be done? I would never consider a product such a finasteride since it has been reported to actually cause permanent sexual side effects in about 20% of men. I am using Nizoral 2%, Head and Shoulders, and TGel. I suppose I could ad Spiro but there are reports that the 5% is systemic and can suppress T in the body.

Mr. V

Awards
Yeah the precautions/preventatives are what I was talking about when I said that I do what I can to keep what I have, I go the minoxidil + finasteride route myself. As far as the PP goes, most of what I have seen people say that 2-ene is mostly anabolic and the the 3-ene is more androgenic therefore making the ergo more androgenic than PP. This is how it seemed to me. PP really idin't hurt the hairline, ergo did but not that bad. Out of everything I have ever ranthough, SD was the worst and then high does M5AA was a close second.
How does the Mega TRN differ from the other compounds? And you say it is not hitting the hairline? How is libido?

Also I was told by another guy that Pro ProMagnon by Peak Performance and Methoxy TST were good choices. Thoughts on these for being being easy on hair?

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Iam prone to mbp and have been on finasteride for about 5 years, with no side effects at all, I ran a SD cycle and had a little shedding, nothing that bad, since it is your first cycle u could run the SD at 10 mg. a day for three weeks, a friend of mine just did that for his first cycle and gained about 8 lbs. in 3 weeks with no side effects except lower back tightness, which was cured taurine, 10 grams a day, I have most of the others u have but have not used them yet, interested to see how this goes for u, I will be 40 in about a month and half...

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
Mega TRN is helping me cut down with T3 and a pretty low diet, without losing strength or muscle(arm, chest, leg, etc measurements are staying pretty constant) while losing a significant amount of fat. The hardness and vascularity are also great. For me the hardness is compared to MDHT and vascularity has actually surpassed what I got from M1T. So lots of veins that I have never seen before, even when I was really lean. It is not putting on alot of mass, but I'm sure it could in a high cal diet. But all the logs I have read, people have experienced similar recomp effects. As far as sides go for it, I really only have a very small amount acne on my shoulder, which is actually going away. Libido has been awesome for me, better than usual and I'm 23 and in college, so really good. Not 4AD "I'll **** anything on legs" good, but really good. Hairline seems fine. I haven't tried Pro Mag yet or MTST, so maybe someone else can chime in on those. The lower back pumps can be killer with SD, especially if you dead lift. I do and one day I thought I was gonna die, it was putting so much pressure on my spine that I could not stand up, and my fiance and workout partner were freaking out. So when on SD I drop CEE, and any other cell volumizers/pump enhancers, anything that has dieretic effects(SD has this on its own), and add the taurine and potassium along with as muchwater as I can drink.

Mr. V

Awards
What do you guys thing about a "lite" cycle of PP? Perhaps 10/10/20/20? Or is it possible to benefit from
10/10/10/10? My thinking is if able to synthesize protein to muscle better than being on no cycle that it could help with a recomp.

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
I think that this is a great idea, I always tell people to start as low as possible, and only up it if needed. Going to high just increases sides after a certain point and gains don't increase to match and you feel like **** and then just wasted money, a good cycle, and most of all possibly your health. I think that if your recomping the 10 all the way across, would be good to prevent muscle loss and possibly add some good muscle with a good diet. You may need to go to 20mg towards the end, but hopefully not. Are you going to keep a log, because I would be really intersted to see how a really low dose PP recomp would work.

Mr. V

Awards
I think that this is a great idea, I always tell people to start as low as possible, and only up it if needed. Going to high just increases sides after a certain point and gains don't increase to match and you feel like **** and then just wasted money, a good cycle, and most of all possibly your health. I think that if your recomping the 10 all the way across, would be good to prevent muscle loss and possibly add some good muscle with a good diet. You may need to go to 20mg towards the end, but hopefully not. Are you going to keep a log, because I would be really intersted to see how a really low dose PP recomp would work.
I don't think I will keep a public log, but I will try to keep you posted on how things go. I am going to try 10mg for a couple of weeks to access the sides, then either continue at that dose or increase to 15 or 20 mg.

Oddly enough just 6 hours after my first dose I had a zit pop up on my cheek and shoulder. Also when I went to bed I could really feel my heart pounding in my chest, laboring. Odd feeling. Stuff is stronger than I thought, having never taken orals before.

I have consistently high serum Iron levels in my blood, so perhaps I should a give a pint of blood this week to clear some of that out. I would probably help the heart to not have to work so hard.

What should I use for PCT? I have some ATD, Clomid, and Arimidex.

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
Thats cool if you just update in here, and what time are you taking the PP? Because I never had any heart pounding feelings when I went to sleep, when I started at one cap I took it with breakfast, and when I went up I would take half with breakfast and then the other half 1hr preWO. For PCT check here http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/44400-another-dr-d-pease-help.html and check the link in post #2 for some info on setting up PCT. Since your doses are low you could probably run it like:
Week: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
Clomid: 200/150/100/50
ATD: 25 /50 /75 /100

Although you may be able to cut the Clomid after week 3. I would save the Arimidex for a heavier cycle that has more of a chance for Estro sides. I say this because Arimis a strong AI and so is ATD, and you want some estrogen to help bring lipid values back. This is why most use Nolva for PCT, its is a SERM instead of an AI so estro is still in your body, it just can't bind and cause gyno, and Nolva also helps lipids on its own. The clomid brings the boys back and has some gyno stopping ability as well. DHEA, fenugreek and other test booster, are also helpful but not essential.