50 yr old needs advice

volusia40

Awards
What pro-hormone would be easiest on the liver profile and lipid panel? Thinking about PP but wanted to know if anyone has a lipid panel before and after cycle. My cholesterol is a little high and I don't want to send it into the ozone.

Thanks

-JC

Awards
All PH's are going to be toxic to your liver to some extent. Sorry I can't comment on any current PHs, however MOHN seemed to be the mildest of the older and now banned PH's.

At 50 you may be better off doing some research on Test, IGF, or GH. I have seen a few 40+ guys go through some GH and see incredible results...

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
What pro-hormone would be easiest on the liver profile and lipid panel? Thinking about PP but wanted to know if anyone has a lipid panel before and after cycle. My cholesterol is a little high and I don't want to send it into the ozone.

Thanks
I would like to see some bloodwork results post PP myself.
From my experience M1T and Superdrol will likely send your HDL into the lower teens or single digits which is more dangerous than a high overall cholesterol number,
I haven't tried some of the newer compounds yet, Still waiting to see some actual post cycle bloodwork results.

krenalor

Awards
I heard finigenx is an oral that isn't supposed to be to rough on the liver, not sure on lipids, have seen no bloodwork on it. SD is super hard on the liver and lipids. PP is less hard, but still fairly hard.

Mick-G

Awards
I would do a low dosage of testosterone. Of course it would be good to see the profile. Whats your cholesterol levels. Mine are near or at 200 and im fine. I take red yeast rice capsules. One 600mg in the am and another in the evening. Now band makes them as well as other. It will help lower your bad cholesterol.

volusia40

Awards
my cholesterol was 223,
hdl-good
tryglyserides-good
c-reactive protein- good
ldl-bad

my doctor wanted to put me on lipitor right off the bat but I declined. I've heard too many bad stories about the statins, mainly severe muscle cramps and weakness. Does anyone know what causes this?
Anyway I' decided to go the natural route and see what happens. I'll get re-tested in 3 months. So now I'm on
fish oil
flax seed oil
beta sitosterol and
policosonal

I'm also watching my diet and getting more cardio. So I wanted to try to lower my body fat and build muscle but didn't want to take a hormone that would impact on my lipid profile. I've heard that PP was pretty easy in terms of side effects but wanted to know if anyone has had their blood tested after using it.

Thanks

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I would definately stay away from them as long as the Doc wants to put you on statins, not worth the risk right now. I would throw in some tocotrienols, CoQ10 and RLA, I hope that helps.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
have you ever tried tribulus? i would think some of these new more refined versions might be decent.

Beatmaster

Awards
as long as it's not methyl.....

not that the other one are safe....
just keep your pct in order, you should be fine!

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
...my doctor wanted to put me on lipitor right off the bat but I declined. I've heard too many bad stories about the statins
Ask your doctor to put you on Questran (Cholestyramine). It is the safest cholesterol lowering drug available. It is a powder that is swallowed and binds with cholestrol in the intestine which is than eliminated before it has the opportunity to be absorbed into the bloodstream.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Or you could just try eating alot more fiber.