Thinking about HRT......

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1
    cyp isnt cycled either. And JKurz, Drs will give you bottles of test as mine let me choose which I wanted. HRT is for LIFE...what is so hard to understand...you dont cycle it, it becomes a part of your lifestyle....also, the transdermal does work for some individuals, so pigeon holing it isnt the thing to do.
    What you say makes sense. If cyp is administered in low doses, then why should it need to be cycled?

    I suppose each doctor has his preference. Mine told me that injections would need to be cycled because they deliver more than transdermal. I had never run anything at less than 500mgs/wk so I figured he knew what he was talking about. However, the transdermal he put me on sent my total test to 1711 in only 4 months. My LH dropped so I had to lower my daily dose and run HCG. Remarkably my estradiol didn't change much.

    I have to have another blood test in March.

    My first choice would have been injection. The cream takes forever to dry and its application is time consuming.
    Last edited by colkurtz_spf; 02-14-2006 at 11:43 PM.

    •   
       


  2. High serum levels of estrogen also trick the brain into thinking that enough testosterone is being produced, further slowing the natural production of testosterone. This happens when estrogen saturates testosterone receptors in the hypothalamus region of the brain. The saturated hypothalamus then stops sending out a hormone to the pituitary gland to stimulate secretion of luteinizing hormone that the gonads require to produce testosterone. High estrogen can thus shut down the normal testicular production of testosterone
  3. Arrow


    Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf
    There is a book about hormone control through diet. I'm sorry but I cannot remember the name. I'm sure you'll find a lot of information on the net.
    The book is Titled "Natural Hormonal Enhancement" by Rob Faigin. It's a great read and a real eye opener backed buy numerous scientific studies. I've been training and eating using the guidlines outlined in the books and have had great results making gains like never before. I'm 46 and thought about HRT but I'm thinking I'll save HRT for later in life when I really need it. In early fall I did an SD cycle with all the proper PCT. At the completion of PCT my nads were so shut down I was thinking I screwed myself for life. Since I started the NHE program things have really turned around. My morning lumber is back big time. Making some really solid gains in the gym, sleeping better and able to lose a little body fat while putting on lean mass with out all the negative sides of some kind of cycle.

    In no way am I connected to making money off of this book. It's just really good and has changed my life.

    http://www.extique.com/index.htm

  4. Quote Originally Posted by xr650r
    The book is Titled "Natural Hormonal Enhancement" by Rob Faigin. It's a great read and a real eye opener backed buy numerous scientific studies. I've been training and eating using the guidlines outlined in the books and have had great results making gains like never before. I'm 46 and thought about HRT but I'm thinking I'll save HRT for later in life when I really need it. In early fall I did an SD cycle with all the proper PCT. At the completion of PCT my nads were so shut down I was thinking I screwed myself for life. Since I started the NHE program things have really turned around. My morning lumber is back big time. Making some really solid gains in the gym, sleeping better and able to lose a little body fat while putting on lean mass with out all the negative sides of some kind of cycle.

    In no way am I connected to making money off of this book. It's just really good and has changed my life.

    http://www.extique.com/index.htm
    Thanks! That's the book. Have you done any bloodwork since you've been on the diet? If so, what were the results?
    •   
       


  5. Sorry no blood work.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by xr650r
    Sorry no blood work.
    As long as you feel good it's working for you.

  7. Thanks for all the information guys. I guess I'll know more after my doctor appointment Friday.

  8. Yeah, let us know how it goes delta, good luck with everything.

    colkurtz, sounds like the dermal is doing really well for you, that's awesome. If I could get levels like that, I guess I wouldn't mind it so much over the injects.

    xr, thx for that link, I'm gonna check it out.

  9. My test was around 300 and I started 200mg wk of Test Cyp and it worked great.. but after a year didn't seem the same...but my levels were up around 900 which is were the Dr wanted...right now I'm not sure where they are..I just got bloodwork done and I started doing the Androgel pump...but I don't like it...going to get back to the injections

    Insurance co pay for vial of Test $7.00...

  10. Quote Originally Posted by AGELESS
    Your own testosterone converts to estrogen. Exogenous cyp will also convert to estrogen.

    Its not about total testosterone - its about FREE testosterone. Make sure your DR checks your estrogen - trust me, in most cases- bring that estrogen back in line - then check your total & free test.

    I know I'm rambling on and on but noone has said anything about estrogen control and thats a MUST!!

    It happened to me - they were loading me up with CYP and my estrogen levels went thru the roof. I was holding water like crazy, swelling up etc. Boderline gyno....only reason Im bringing this up is cause no one has talked about it.

  11. I read that one of the levels they check is estrodiol (?) I read that link Ageless, and you're right about estrogen control. I have picked a doctor that was in the Mens Health Network, which specializes in HRT. I didn't want one of those fly by night companies that send you for a high dollar blood test, charge you a high price for a "consultation", and then you buy your "gear" from their pharmacy....

  12. Quote Originally Posted by AGELESS
    Your own testosterone converts to estrogen. Exogenous cyp will also convert to estrogen.

    Its not about total testosterone - its about FREE testosterone. Make sure your DR checks your estrogen - trust me, in most cases- bring that estrogen back in line - then check your total & free test.

    I know I'm rambling on and on but noone has said anything about estrogen control and thats a MUST!!

    It happened to me - they were loading me up with CYP and my estrogen levels went thru the roof. I was holding water like crazy, swelling up etc. Boderline gyno....only reason Im bringing this up is cause no one has talked about it.
    Using transdermal continuously my free test is 2.68 out of a range between 1.1 and 2.8. My estradiol is 20 out of a range of 10-50. It says it's in the normal range but my old number was 10, which means it doubled.

  13. Yep, I get mine checked Ihad my estrogen go up a little...Femara brought it back in line....

  14. I kinda wonder... If you have a script, does it matter that you have cheap UG gear? I'd think you'd still be OK, legal-wise...?

  15. Well, I had my consultation and I go for blood work tomorrow morning. The doctor said he preferred "androgel", as it was easier. I asked about patches and injections, and he said the injections were a pain because everyone wanted to come to the office and have him do it. I'll wait till we talk again and then let him know that I'd probably rather have the injections and I'm ok to do it myself. I don't know about mixing gear with a script. Probably couldn't hurt.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by delta314
    Well, I had my consultation and I go for blood work tomorrow morning. The doctor said he preferred "androgel", as it was easier. I asked about patches and injections, and he said the injections were a pain because everyone wanted to come to the office and have him do it. I'll wait till we talk again and then let him know that I'd probably rather have the injections and I'm ok to do it myself. I don't know about mixing gear with a script. Probably couldn't hurt.
    told ya......the patch is a waste of co-pay.........but adding anything on your own isnt smart....

  17. Quote Originally Posted by delta314
    Well, I had my consultation and I go for blood work tomorrow morning. The doctor said he preferred "androgel", as it was easier. I asked about patches and injections, and he said the injections were a pain because everyone wanted to come to the office and have him do it. I'll wait till we talk again and then let him know that I'd probably rather have the injections and I'm ok to do it myself. I don't know about mixing gear with a script. Probably couldn't hurt.
    See, that's what I don't get. The only reason he didn't want to give you the cyp is because he said it was a pain for HIM!!?? Last I checked, you're paying him to be your doctor, god forbid he would actually have to do his job. Doctors these days, I'll tell ya, some of them are pure idiots. delta, if you go back and say that you'd do them yourself, and he still doesn't give them to ya, I'd tell that guy off and find a new doc. Again, good luck and please keep us posted bud.

  18. I went this morning for blood work. 6 vials. I guess I was lucky that one out of eight LAbCorp offices is open on Saturday...
    I'm going to tell the doc that I don't want the gel (what he said he usually prescribes), because I cannot stay dry for six hours while it absorbs, and I don't want to have to deal with it everyday. I want the shot once a week. If he doesn't want to give it to me, I'll do it myself.

    Well, I'm starving! Almost 9am and I haven't eaten since last night. Gotta eat.....

  19. Quote Originally Posted by delta314
    I went this morning for blood work. 6 vials. I guess I was lucky that one out of eight LAbCorp offices is open on Saturday...
    I'm going to tell the doc that I don't want the gel (what he said he usually prescribes), because I cannot stay dry for six hours while it absorbs, and I don't want to have to deal with it everyday. I want the shot once a week. If he doesn't want to give it to me, I'll do it myself.

    Well, I'm starving! Almost 9am and I haven't eaten since last night. Gotta eat.....
    I use the transdermal. It's true that it takes time to rub it in thoroughly, but it dries in only 5 to 10 minutes. That's how mine works. Maybe your doc has a different formula.

  20. He gave me a pamphlet on Androgel.

  21. lol...tolda ya...its a waste of copay

  22. Quote Originally Posted by JKurz1
    lol...tolda ya...its a waste of copay
    Not really. My $25 got me a blood test, which I can send to one of these online legal gear doctors, who for $200 will sell me test cyp, winistrol, etc.....from their pharmacy. Just the blood test alone was $450 if I had it done by them.

  23. And if my test comes back and shows that my levels are low enough to warrant HRT, then it will be a good thing regardless of how the test is administered.

  24. okay guys- I have been monitering the thread and I do not want to steal the thread or anything but I am a young guy with a total test of 308 and my doc would not do anything about it, Now I do not really have the symptoms of low test as I do have a sex drive and I have energy etc...
    But I am going to be doing my first cycle in a bout 6 months and I am curious what some good companies are that wil prescribe legal test for me for my first cycle?
    what do I need to do?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What do you think about this stack?
    By Molehonea in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 10:43 AM
  2. Have gyno already. Thinking about PH...
    By LunaHotel in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-09-2003, 02:45 PM
  3. Fat Loss- Something To Think About
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-29-2003, 02:45 PM
  4. What do you think about Trenabol-X
    By neckcrank in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 01:16 AM
  5. What do you think about mag-10
    By patrol in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 07:21 PM
Log in
Log in