Thinking about HRT......

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Been checking out all the "legal" avenues for test...jeez, they are expensive. Looks like about $385 for bloodwork, $190 for the consultation, $50 for ???, and then somewhere around $125-$175 for 12 week supply of test cyp. I'm not sure how much they prescribe to pin a week, probably not near as much as someone who did not have a script would use. I just wonder if it will be worth it.

tattoopierced1

dang. I went to my Dr. got bloodwork, paid $20 for the co-pay, and pay $50 for 10 weeks of test cyp. Most is covered by my insurance. Might want to go that route if you think you have low test..if you are trying just to get legal juice, then you'll pay some $$ for it.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to check out some Doctors on my health plan, I think these online deals are way off the board with their prices. Then they probably low dose you.

tattoopierced1

started out a 100mg, after my next bloodwork, he mentioned upping my dose.

tattoopierced1

at 100mg my test levels are still low per my last bloodwork. I am going in on Friday to get more work done to see where my levels are. I am thinking he is going to up me to 200mg per week. Off of 100mg per week, I did notice an increase in my sex drive, other than that, nothing...but my test levels are still low, so after we alter the dosage, i'll report back.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
They claim 9% Increase in lean muscle
14% Reduction in Body Fat ...

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
After getting out of trade school, I am now working a new job that has really good health insurance.

I also just had more bloodwork done after being AAS free for 9+ months now. My TT is only 350 and FT was really low, don't have numbers atm. My body doesn't show it though and by looking at me, you would never think that I had low-average T levels. Due to my training style and diet, I try and be over cautious about overtraining and the like which is and has payed off greatly. Right now I sit about 255-260 and and have somewhat visible abs when relaxed....I'm a natural ecto, but have the advantage of having a large bone frame. But being AAS free for this long, I'm slowly losing LBM due to genetics and for the time being I really don't care much as I think I'd be happier with a smaller physique, say 240 or so.

Anyways, to make a long story short ;), I went to an endo last week and he said that I would be able to get on HRT if I chose to do so. I told him yes, but only if I could get injections and do them myself. He said no problem and I think I may start it up here real soon. He said something like I would only have to pay around 100-150 month for continous bloodwork, and cyp injections. Other ancillaries if needed would require a co-pay of 20 each or so...not too bad if you ask me.

Has anybody ever heard of a younger guy getting HRT when they are still within hte normal range for T levels? I just don't want to mess up a good thing and have this doc get in trouble or whatever.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
oh, and just to clarify, I'm not using this for personal stash, I'm doing this in order for me to get my T right around 1000ng/ml...that would be totally worth it for myself.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I think 350 is kind of low for someone your age. I believe the doctor would be correct in offering you HRT if you so desired. I'd like to get my body weight down around 190-200, but I don't want to lose any muscle, actually add more and lose some bodyfat.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Well, that would be cool then. It would be so nice to be able to eat less calories each day and workout more w/o worrying myself to death about overtraining and things. I have to eat around 5500 cals each day to try and keep as much LBM as possible and that of course keeps adding to the waistline....especially when I cannot workout very much due to OT'ing. It's like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't...lol.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to get my body weight down around 190-200, but I don't want to lose any muscle, actually add more and lose some bodyfat.
I think those are some realistic goals. You would do nicely if you go the HRT route as do all men. It will really help with building LBM and losing fat...these things are sometimes taken for granted when looking at other young guys or guys that have naturally healthy T levels in general.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I've pretty much decided to do it, now I'm just checking out all the different options/prices.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
After getting out of trade school, I am now working a new job that has really good health insurance.

I also just had more bloodwork done after being AAS free for 9+ months now. My TT is only 350 and FT was really low, don't have numbers atm. My body doesn't show it though and by looking at me, you would never think that I had low-average T levels. Due to my training style and diet, I try and be over cautious about overtraining and the like which is and has payed off greatly. Right now I sit about 255-260 and and have somewhat visible abs when relaxed....I'm a natural ecto, but have the advantage of having a large bone frame. But being AAS free for this long, I'm slowly losing LBM due to genetics and for the time being I really don't care much as I think I'd be happier with a smaller physique, say 240 or so.

Anyways, to make a long story short ;), I went to an endo last week and he said that I would be able to get on HRT if I chose to do so. I told him yes, but only if I could get injections and do them myself. He said no problem and I think I may start it up here real soon. He said something like I would only have to pay around 100-150 month for continous bloodwork, and cyp injections. Other ancillaries if needed would require a co-pay of 20 each or so...not too bad if you ask me.

Has anybody ever heard of a younger guy getting HRT when they are still within hte normal range for T levels? I just don't want to mess up a good thing and have this doc get in trouble or whatever.
350 is low. My level was 475 before I started HRT, but I'm old enough to be your dad. Still, at your age I would exhaust all alternatives before starting HRT. It’s important to know that test levels can fluctuate radically. They can be affected by any kind of illness, change in diet, sleep patterns or training. There is a book about hormone control through diet. I'm sorry but I cannot remember the name. I'm sure you'll find a lot of information on the net.

Also, USPLabs has a supp called Powerfull. I think it raises test levels without negative sides. I'm on a transdermal test cream (200 mg/day) which is much less potent than injections. After 10 weeks on Powerfull, my total test jumped to 1711.

Running a cycle is one thing, but committing to HRT at your age is a major decision – one that you have to be sure of.

tattoopierced1

no, i dont use HRT for "gains" I use it to feel normal, not tired, etc.. Sure things are a bit easier in the gym now that my test levels are in the low normal range, but that isnt why I use HRT for the gains. If I want to see more gains than my diet is providing, then I'll use gear. If you dont need HRT, there is no point in trying to get it just to get dr. prescribed test to make "gains". If you arent making gains naturally, then there is something wrong with your diet. And yes I have used in the past, made good gains while on HRT and gear.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I definitely want to feel better and not always feels run down. But I was hoping that with test injections, I would also get some good gains. Is that not the case?

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
No, it is the case......at 200mg of test, it's like 5x the normal amount produced (not sure of the #, but it's a lot....)....so do the math.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
So I should see some gains. I go to my doctor Friday for bloodwork and consultation.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
100-1 says you get the patch, which will do minimal....no doc is just gonna give you a bottle of test bro...sorry.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
There are quite a few places that will give you a script for test cyp. I've checked out about ten of them. I spoke to one on the phone yesterday and he said a common script is 200mg tesy cyp injections once a week for 10 weeks on, 4 off, and repeat.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
So I should see some gains. I go to my doctor Friday for bloodwork and consultation.
HRT is meant to restore your levels. Were you able to gain when you were young?

Personally I wouldn't do cycles of cyp for HRT. I'm on a transdermal that doesn't need to be cycled, and my levels are high.

tattoopierced1

cyp isnt cycled either. And JKurz, Drs will give you bottles of test as mine let me choose which I wanted. HRT is for LIFE...what is so hard to understand...you dont cycle it, it becomes a part of your lifestyle....also, the transdermal does work for some individuals, so pigeon holing it isnt the thing to do.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
cyp isnt cycled either. And JKurz, Drs will give you bottles of test as mine let me choose which I wanted. HRT is for LIFE...what is so hard to understand...you dont cycle it, it becomes a part of your lifestyle....also, the transdermal does work for some individuals, so pigeon holing it isnt the thing to do.
What you say makes sense. If cyp is administered in low doses, then why should it need to be cycled?

I suppose each doctor has his preference. Mine told me that injections would need to be cycled because they deliver more than transdermal. I had never run anything at less than 500mgs/wk so I figured he knew what he was talking about. However, the transdermal he put me on sent my total test to 1711 in only 4 months. My LH dropped so I had to lower my daily dose and run HCG. Remarkably my estradiol didn't change much.

I have to have another blood test in March.

My first choice would have been injection. The cream takes forever to dry and its application is time consuming.

Last edited:
AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
High serum levels of estrogen also trick the brain into thinking that enough testosterone is being produced, further slowing the natural production of testosterone. This happens when estrogen saturates testosterone receptors in the hypothalamus region of the brain. The saturated hypothalamus then stops sending out a hormone to the pituitary gland to stimulate secretion of luteinizing hormone that the gonads require to produce testosterone. High estrogen can thus shut down the normal testicular production of testosterone

xr650r

Awards
There is a book about hormone control through diet. I'm sorry but I cannot remember the name. I'm sure you'll find a lot of information on the net.
The book is Titled "Natural Hormonal Enhancement" by Rob Faigin. It's a great read and a real eye opener backed buy numerous scientific studies. I've been training and eating using the guidlines outlined in the books and have had great results making gains like never before. I'm 46 and thought about HRT but I'm thinking I'll save HRT for later in life when I really need it. In early fall I did an SD cycle with all the proper PCT. At the completion of PCT my nads were so shut down I was thinking I screwed myself for life. Since I started the NHE program things have really turned around. My morning lumber is back big time. Making some really solid gains in the gym, sleeping better and able to lose a little body fat while putting on lean mass with out all the negative sides of some kind of cycle.

In no way am I connected to making money off of this book. It's just really good and has changed my life.

http://www.extique.com/index.htm

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
The book is Titled "Natural Hormonal Enhancement" by Rob Faigin. It's a great read and a real eye opener backed buy numerous scientific studies. I've been training and eating using the guidlines outlined in the books and have had great results making gains like never before. I'm 46 and thought about HRT but I'm thinking I'll save HRT for later in life when I really need it. In early fall I did an SD cycle with all the proper PCT. At the completion of PCT my nads were so shut down I was thinking I screwed myself for life. Since I started the NHE program things have really turned around. My morning lumber is back big time. Making some really solid gains in the gym, sleeping better and able to lose a little body fat while putting on lean mass with out all the negative sides of some kind of cycle.

In no way am I connected to making money off of this book. It's just really good and has changed my life.

http://www.extique.com/index.htm
Thanks! That's the book. Have you done any bloodwork since you've been on the diet? If so, what were the results?

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the information guys. I guess I'll know more after my doctor appointment Friday.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, let us know how it goes delta, good luck with everything.

colkurtz, sounds like the dermal is doing really well for you, that's awesome. If I could get levels like that, I guess I wouldn't mind it so much over the injects.

xr, thx for that link, I'm gonna check it out.

MattD

Awards
My test was around 300 and I started 200mg wk of Test Cyp and it worked great.. but after a year didn't seem the same...but my levels were up around 900 which is were the Dr wanted...right now I'm not sure where they are..I just got bloodwork done and I started doing the Androgel pump...but I don't like it...going to get back to the injections

Insurance co pay for vial of Test $7.00...

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
Your own testosterone converts to estrogen. Exogenous cyp will also convert to estrogen.

Its not about total testosterone - its about FREE testosterone. Make sure your DR checks your estrogen - trust me, in most cases- bring that estrogen back in line - then check your total & free test.

I know I'm rambling on and on but noone has said anything about estrogen control and thats a MUST!!

It happened to me - they were loading me up with CYP and my estrogen levels went thru the roof. I was holding water like crazy, swelling up etc. Boderline gyno....only reason Im bringing this up is cause no one has talked about it.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I read that one of the levels they check is estrodiol (?) I read that link Ageless, and you're right about estrogen control. I have picked a doctor that was in the Mens Health Network, which specializes in HRT. I didn't want one of those fly by night companies that send you for a high dollar blood test, charge you a high price for a "consultation", and then you buy your "gear" from their pharmacy....

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Your own testosterone converts to estrogen. Exogenous cyp will also convert to estrogen.

Its not about total testosterone - its about FREE testosterone. Make sure your DR checks your estrogen - trust me, in most cases- bring that estrogen back in line - then check your total & free test.

I know I'm rambling on and on but noone has said anything about estrogen control and thats a MUST!!

It happened to me - they were loading me up with CYP and my estrogen levels went thru the roof. I was holding water like crazy, swelling up etc. Boderline gyno....only reason Im bringing this up is cause no one has talked about it.
Using transdermal continuously my free test is 2.68 out of a range between 1.1 and 2.8. My estradiol is 20 out of a range of 10-50. It says it's in the normal range but my old number was 10, which means it doubled.

MattD

Awards
Yep, I get mine checked Ihad my estrogen go up a little...Femara brought it back in line....

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I kinda wonder... If you have a script, does it matter that you have cheap UG gear? I'd think you'd still be OK, legal-wise...? ;)

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Well, I had my consultation and I go for blood work tomorrow morning. The doctor said he preferred "androgel", as it was easier. I asked about patches and injections, and he said the injections were a pain because everyone wanted to come to the office and have him do it. I'll wait till we talk again and then let him know that I'd probably rather have the injections and I'm ok to do it myself. I don't know about mixing gear with a script. Probably couldn't hurt.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Well, I had my consultation and I go for blood work tomorrow morning. The doctor said he preferred "androgel", as it was easier. I asked about patches and injections, and he said the injections were a pain because everyone wanted to come to the office and have him do it. I'll wait till we talk again and then let him know that I'd probably rather have the injections and I'm ok to do it myself. I don't know about mixing gear with a script. Probably couldn't hurt.
told ya......the patch is a waste of co-pay.........but adding anything on your own isnt smart....

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
See, that's what I don't get. The only reason he didn't want to give you the cyp is because he said it was a pain for HIM!!?? Last I checked, you're paying him to be your doctor, god forbid he would actually have to do his job. Doctors these days, I'll tell ya, some of them are pure idiots. delta, if you go back and say that you'd do them yourself, and he still doesn't give them to ya, I'd tell that guy off and find a new doc. Again, good luck and please keep us posted bud. :cool:

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I went this morning for blood work. 6 vials. I guess I was lucky that one out of eight LAbCorp offices is open on Saturday...
I'm going to tell the doc that I don't want the gel (what he said he usually prescribes), because I cannot stay dry for six hours while it absorbs, and I don't want to have to deal with it everyday. I want the shot once a week. If he doesn't want to give it to me, I'll do it myself.

Well, I'm starving! Almost 9am and I haven't eaten since last night. Gotta eat.....

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I went this morning for blood work. 6 vials. I guess I was lucky that one out of eight LAbCorp offices is open on Saturday...
I'm going to tell the doc that I don't want the gel (what he said he usually prescribes), because I cannot stay dry for six hours while it absorbs, and I don't want to have to deal with it everyday. I want the shot once a week. If he doesn't want to give it to me, I'll do it myself.

Well, I'm starving! Almost 9am and I haven't eaten since last night. Gotta eat.....
I use the transdermal. It's true that it takes time to rub it in thoroughly, but it dries in only 5 to 10 minutes. That's how mine works. Maybe your doc has a different formula.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
lol...tolda ya...its a waste of copay
Not really. My $25 got me a blood test, which I can send to one of these online legal gear doctors, who for $200 will sell me test cyp, winistrol, etc.....from their pharmacy. Just the blood test alone was $450 if I had it done by them.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
And if my test comes back and shows that my levels are low enough to warrant HRT, then it will be a good thing regardless of how the test is administered.

jeep

Banned
Awards
okay guys- I have been monitering the thread and I do not want to steal the thread or anything but I am a young guy with a total test of 308 and my doc would not do anything about it, Now I do not really have the symptoms of low test as I do have a sex drive and I have energy etc...
But I am going to be doing my first cycle in a bout 6 months and I am curious what some good companies are that wil prescribe legal test for me for my first cycle?
what do I need to do?