Help with neck and knee problems

bobi

Awards
Over the past couple of months, I have developed pain in my knee, and pain as well as a cracking sound every time I turn my neck.

I have been to the doctor, and physical therapy was prescribed for both ailments. I am pursiung this as instructed. However I would also like any advice people on this board may have for me for both excercises and supplements.

I am 52 years old and have had problems with the knee in the past, but this is something new in regards to my neck. It is the cracking in my neck that concerns me the most. The excersises that the physical therapist has given me seem rather light and insignifigant. I told her that I have worked out with weights for 20 years, but she still gave me excesises that take little or no effort.

Any advise would be appreciated.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The excercises might help more than you think. As BBers we may be able to heave big weights around but everyone gets muscle imbalances as they age and that's what the PT is trying to treat. I'd say stick with it for now.

The clicking in the neck could very well be a misaigned vertebrae or even an ossification between some vertebrae. If this is the case, a chiropractor is needed to break loose these boney spurs that grow between the vertebrae, Failure to do so may result in permanent fusion of the vertebrae that will be too severe for a chiro to treat.

For pain relief, check out the Cissus and Celadrin thread. Both products would likely help your symptoms and aid in the healing process.

bobi

Awards
Yes, I have thought about a chiropractor, the physical therapist does say the upper vertabrea have fused, but says what she is doing witll help that

doctorb

Awards
For joint- Fish oil(salmon fish) or msm. For lubrication.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
If you're sure it's joint issues, I agree with the otherrs Fish oils and msm. If it could be tendon/ligament related, I swear by Cissus RX. I've been on it for months now and it's repaired a 3 way tear in my left arm that ran from my forearm into my bicep. I've had neck issues for the past 20 years. c3 issue and I'm not getting a fusing done. I have to say I don't "crack" my neck like I used to, to relieve the pain. Good luck with whateve you choose.