My Pop & The Potential To Reverse/Slow The Inevitable Decline

S

swollengoat999

Awards
My father is reaching the ripe age of 62 and I have been carefully broaching the subject of HRT with him ... He seems to be growing more receptive lately -- but is still exhibiting reservations -- which, more than likely, will continue to prevent him from seeking out a doctor or health clinic that will provide HRT.

My brother tossed the idea of him taking Ergomax (or Pheraplex) for a week or two to see how it felt --> if he experienced an improved sense of well being, etc. it may provide the impetus he needs to break through that barrier of fear and head to the doctor for a true HRT protocol.

So, my question is:
What would the potential SAFETY and EFFICACY of a low dose Ergomax or Pheraplex cycle be for a (healthy) 62 year old male? (safety obviously being the higher priority of the two).

Are there any members here in the 50 - 60 range that have taken any of the OTC 'designers'?

S

Spitdeath

Awards
That sounds crazy why don't you just hook him up with some rebound and activate or maybe just activate and see if that helps.

S

swollengoat999

Awards
according to an article i read on HRT,
"... physicians trying to use a SERM (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator) such as Clomid or Nolvadex, or even an Aromatase Inhibitor (AI), such as Arimidex, as sole TRT. All have been shown to elevate LH, and therefore Total Testosterone levels. However, patients report no long-term subjective benefits from these strategies, and the studies thus far reported no long-term changes in lean body mass, fatigue levels, libido, etc. An added risk of using an AI is of driving estrogen levels too low, with deleterious consequences for the lipid profile, calcium deposition, libido, etc."

what about DHEA? honestly, I don't want to recommend anything that includes a list of potential side effects and required ancillaries -- just some simple OTC that will improve his well being and health ... until he feels comfortable taking the step into the HRT clinic ...

of course, if i show him the pics of AGELESS, he'll probably have an appointment the next day ...

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
according to an article i read on HRT,
"... physicians trying to use a SERM (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator) such as Clomid or Nolvadex, or even an Aromatase Inhibitor (AI), such as Arimidex, as sole TRT. All have been shown to elevate LH, and therefore Total Testosterone levels. However, patients report no long-term subjective benefits from these strategies, and the studies thus far reported no long-term changes in lean body mass, fatigue levels, libido, etc. An added risk of using an AI is of driving estrogen levels too low, with deleterious consequences for the lipid profile, calcium deposition, libido, etc."

what about DHEA? honestly, I don't want to recommend anything that includes a list of potential side effects and required ancillaries -- just some simple OTC that will improve his well being and health ... until he feels comfortable taking the step into the HRT clinic ...

of course, if i show him the pics of AGELESS, he'll probably have an appointment the next day ...
I'm a big fan of Emax and PP, but if you fear of the side effects of DHEA (on your father) then be very afraid of sides from those methylated compounds. I certainly would not recommend them as a starting point for your 62-year-old dad.

Your idea to get him to a doctor for HRT would be best. Emax and PP may be over-the-counter but they are hash methylates nevertheless. Your father needs bioidentical replacement to bring his hormones back to youthful levels. It will require the care of a physician, and comprehensive blood work. His doctor will need to determine the method and dosing to avoid any complications.

Maybe you can conjure up some research on HRT, and convince him to at least take a blood test so that can view his profile. If that doesn't work show him ageless' pictures.

S

swollengoat999

Awards
kurtz-

thanks, that's pretty much my thinking ... i've sent him a detailed article on HRT ... between the HRT information and the continual beatings he's taking from us on the golf course, i think there's more than enough incentive for him to step up to the HRT plate.

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
I wish I could have helped my dad. Youre a good son.

He needs to see a doctor...a doc that knows and believes in HRT. Have him call me (Ill PM you my cell number)
** I tried to PM you - didnt go thru. (youre not set up to receive PMs from members)email me at [email protected] if you want my number and some info online you can read up on.

Pictures of me dont count..it's how I feel that counts.

Over the counter meds at 62 - NO!! They can screw up his blood tests - and worse.

S

swollengoat999

Awards
ageless- much appreciated -- email on the way.

M

marco0526

Awards
ageless, thank you for your help....this is the other son....he has two looking to secure a better life for him...its hard to watch my pop deminish...if we were ignorant to chemistry that would be one thing...but today...you have to look at different options...hopefully he will make the first step and call...inquire...and maybe learn....
thank you again

S

swollengoat999

Awards
for the record, i'm the stronger, better looking and FIRST BORN son.
:bow28:

S

swollengoat999

Awards
that's true. he's banged way more fowl than me ... chicks, hens, roosters, mallards ... you name it ... farm is like a harem for my bro ... me, i fall in love too easy ... first hen, my little chickadee, she had me at cacaw ... (sigh) ...