SD/Prostanz cycle

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. day 13

. I am feeling strong and hardened most of the day. A simple flex pops ‘em. I believe it to be the Pr kicking in. Get much better pump during WO. My weight hasn’t changed much. Weighed 200# this morning. But as I stated in the beginning I will be watching the macros closely and keeping it tight. Logic tells me I am recomping some as I believe I can see some change. The tape will tell at the end of cycle. So at this point it has been a 5 pound gain on the scale. Today is leg day…

2. day 14

All is well. Leg WO was great. Increased the weight yet again. Average increase of 10# and from the way it felt I will do the same next time. Without a doubt the strength and stamina have boosted significantly. Still no ugly sides to report. Appetite is up compared to last week. What started out as forcing food is now hunger driven every 2-3 hours. I don't notice any perceptible fat gains and the scales seem to agree. Today is an off day and I plan on enjoying it. Off to eat some more....
    •   

3. day 15

Nothing notable really! Feeling good. Starting the 3rd week already, time just flying by.

Merry Christmas to all...
    ... remember to watch the intake over the holidays...

Three Rythms of Life to understand

(1) Economy (what the body does best on it's own)
    (2) Efficiency (the body will always seek this , hence lowering effective induced stress)
    (3) Variety (stifling the body's return to #1, producing growth)

Know these and succeed. Keep it fresh and challenging, otherwise (1) takes over! Cycles are the way of life, it exists all around us. Train hard, train smart, and mix it up!
  4. day 19

Hope all had a pleasant holiday. Let’s cover how the past few days went. This mornings weight was 204 lbs. I ate all I wanted during the feast but kept it clean. I increased SD to 30 based on my interpretation of how I was responding at 20. I now feel a notable difference in strength gains. I pushed the limits on BP to test and found myself repping 40# over previous. I anticipated this increase and am taking time to warm up properly before stacking the plates up. I don’t need injury hampering me at this point. Hardness is over the top now. I feel pumped up constantly at this point. The appetite took another jump with the increase of SD as well. I am at 4000 cals a day with a 45/50 split of macros. Making sure to get my EFAs. Definitely appear to be leaning out some more. I would venture the tape will show increases across the board and hopefully decreases around the waist. I am considering a lower dose of SD for a fourth week as I transition towards PCT. (Feedback appreciated here...) My current plan is to increase the Pro to 125 on the 4th week as well. If all goes well at that point I may reach for 150mg to finish. My PCT supplements are in place and ready. I am considering adding oral pGH during PCT. Figuring this will assist in leaning out as well as preparing for my next cycle before summer. I am very curious as to how it may impact other age related issues and injuries I have accumulated over the years. Let me say none of the injuries are lifting related. To make a long story short I fell 30 feet once when I was younger. Hip and neck problems that are more irritating than debilitating. I do believe having been a lifter most of my life has protected me from severe injury on various occasions.

As I mentally prepare for PCT I am adjusting my mental goals as well. I am currently planning on maintaining calories till I reach about the second week of PCT. At that point it makes sense to me to start shifting to maintenance calories and running cardio again to help spur the body to produce once again. Hope to be able to keep the weights up as I attempt to hold onto all that I can. Folks are starting to ask how can I eat all that and not get fat? I tell them it’s cause I have lots of iron in my diet…

As I have changed my cycle over the course I will post again for clarity its current config.

SD10/20
    SD 20 Pro 100
    SD 30 Pro 100
    SD 20 Pro 125
    Pro 125/150
    Pro 125/150

Still no notable sides. Good stretching seems to address most of the reported severe pump issues. I can feel the tightness coming on so I try to work and stretch the muscles as I go. Lethargic is hard to judge with my irratic sleep patterns. but I would dare to say the only noticable change is by days end I am out much quicker once my head hits the pillow.

5. Great log Smoky and good gains..sounds very promising. I am planning on a similar cycle in 2 weeks with Phers-Plex and Orastan. Keep updating I can't wait to see where this takes you in weeks 5 & 6, not to mention PCT...what are you planning for PCT?
    •   

6. Looks like you are doing well with the 30mg SD. Not many people can take that much. Now if 20mg didn't do much for you, switching back to 20 after a week at 30 seems like it will give you NOTHING so I say if you keep the SD, run it at 30mg. IGF-1 you should love. Are you getting 15 days or 30 days' worth? And bump for PCT plans, IMO it's the most important part of the cycle. Great work man.
  7. Supps and PCT

My PCT is looking like this:

4 weeks +supps

Nolvadex 40/40/20/10
    ReboundXT 75/50/25/25
    Fenugreek 3/4/5/6
    AX_Retain
    DHEA
    addons:
    pGH & Creatine

Supplements: Pre-cycle, during and into PCT
    Multi Vitamin
    Glucosamine
    Flax seed oil
    Hawthorne Berries
    RYR
    Saw Palmetto
    Celery Seed
    CoQ10
    AX Perfect Cycle
    Taurine
    BCAA

I should have 6 months of pGH as soon as the xmas sale arrives from UniKits. Not sure on how I will apply it yet, but it appears to be ED in the am. Any input on the pGH is appreciated.

8. Looks perfect IMO. Except I don't see IGF-1 on Universal's website...

9. Uh how do they say?.... my bad!
    I work the computer field for a living and I see so many acronyms that I had a brain fart SORRY! pGH is what I am referrring to. Thanks for calling me on that one!

10. Great log and results so far, congrats. Do u guys think the nolva is really needed if no sides are noted with all the other pct items in he has in place ???

11. Great log which I'm finding very interesting, I ran an SD cycle back in August, was doing well but had to cut it short after 2 weeks. Don't laugh but I got an injury on a damn rollercoaster!.

I'm hoping to start another cycle sometime in the new year so this has been very informative.
  12. day 20

Not at my best today. Not sure if I am fighting a bug or what? Kind of feel like a flu bug is trying to get a hold of me. Appetite is a bit low due to the unstable stomach, but I am pushing what food I can none the less. It stays down, which is a good thing. No other symptoms at this time. Today is leg day which I will put off till tomorrow. Did a full day at work, so it is not hampering much. Just dont feel like I can focus enough for a good workout.
  13. day 21

Feeling much better today. Must have been something I ate. I feel back to normal this morning with the appetite to match. Full speed ahead...........
    Let this note be made, the decline of food intake seemed to impact how I was feeling as well. As I pushed the food and got some extra rest, things started improving. So I make these observations as well. The 30mg dose most definitely raises the food requirements and doesn’t hesitate to let you know. At 20mg I felt I could have skipped a meal with no adverse effect on how I felt. But at 30mg it's a whole other story. Carbs seem to be more directly related to my overall feeling of well being and energy levels. Fluxuation of protein doesn’t have the same effect. Because of these reactions I feel SD would be no good for cutting at 30mg for me anyway. At 20mg I felt like I could have continued with cardio and achieved a cut.
  14. day 22

Starting the 4th week. All is well, increasing the Pro to 125mg and running SD @ 30 for one more week. About the only adverse thing I have dealt with over the course of this cycle is minor indigestion from some of the supps. Take them with milk or food and no problem at all.
  15. day 23

End of third week so I felt a progress report was needed at this common point of reference by many. All measurements cold in the AM.

Did some calculations and here are my findings.

started 3 wks ago @ 193 lbs. today @ 203 lbs.

BF reduction by 2%
    LBM +5lbs.

This week I will attempt to access strength gains. This is also the last week of SD.

Is it possible to lap Pro into PCT? Any comments?

16. Quote Originally Posted by Smoky
    End of third week so I felt a progress report was needed at this common point of reference by many. All measurements cold in the AM.

Did some calculations and here are my findings.

started 3 wks ago @ 193 lbs. today @ 203 lbs.

BF reduction by 2%
    LBM +5lbs.

This week I will attempt to access strength gains. This is also the last week of SD.

Is it possible to lap Pro into PCT? Any comments?
    I'm interested in how you figure that... +10 lbs, 4lbs fat down, why are you saying +5lb LBM? You gained 9lbs water?

17. Regarding overlapping the Prostan and PCT I was thinking of doing the same thing on my upcoming PP/Prostan cycle until it was pointed out to me that even though the Prostan is not as strong it is still an exogenous hormone and needs to be respected as such. It will kep you shut down so best thing is to run your PCT after your last dose of Prostan.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny21
    Here is the thing, although relatively mild Prostanazol is still an exogenous hormone and will bind with androgen receptors which will keep you shutdown to some extent.
    If you are looking to jump start your recovery then I would rec'd starting Clomid the last week of your cycle(week 6); day 1&2 300mg, 3-7 100mg.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Grunt76
    I'm interested in how you figure that... +10 lbs, 4lbs fat down, why are you saying +5lb LBM? You gained 9lbs water?
    Let me see what I can recall ... I'm old ya know. I believe I calculated BF with a formula. (which I can share if interested) Then I calculated total weight minus % giving lbm. Same formulas with all stats, then comparing lbms it shows a +5 increase. Does that make sense? I do not rely on the formula to provide an accurate percentage. I use it as a point of reference tool. As long as it is used consistently the stats are relative to one another.

Example
    A: 100 lbs. @ 10%BF lbm. = 90 lbs.
    B: 100 lbs. @ 18%BF lbm. = 82 lbs

Difference of 8 lbs. lbm.

So if I started at B with 18%BF and finished at A with 10%BF then I would have gained 8 lbs. lbm. Theoretically.

Tools I use for monitoring progress/change.

19. Stats of interest
    changes since 12/8/05

Tale of the tape 12/30/05:
    thighs +1"
    calves +1/4"
    waist -1/2"
    chest +1"
    forearms +1/2"
    upperarm +3/8"

Measurements seam to coincide with areas of largest strength gain as well. BP and Squat both did well. I will try to concentrate on arms this week, let's see if gains can be had in the fourth week.
  20. day 28

I am in the final stretch of the SD run. Finishing the fourth week @ 30mg SD and 125mg Pro. Friday I will kick the Pro to 150 and eliminate the SD. At 30mg of SD the shin splints pretty much put the halt to any cardio. Hope to work back into it next week or so. Generaly I have felt good this week and the body is hard. I must say this experience has left me with quite a different impression of chemical enhancement and supplementation. Patience is a virtue without doubt. Do the research, plot your course, and follow through. I only look forward to becoming the best I can be with just a little help from some friends. So I like many others I am sure, am beginning to ponder the next time. The question is to pin or not to pin...

21. Smoky,

Has the libido taken a hit on this cycle? And has anyone else run the SD solo and then another cycle with the Pro in order to tell a difference in holding gains?

22. All systems are functional but the interest is not there, as I am focused on my goals and seasoned by divorce. I believe there may be some shrinkage but very slight at this point.

23. I'm really interested in seeing what this last week with just the prostan does for you in terms of holding/adding to gains, hardness, vascularity. I will be doing something similar with PP/Prostan beginning this weekend so will have my eye on your results for this last week of your cycle. Everything is looking great so far bro!

24. Dropped the SD today. Planning to run the Pro for 2 more weeks then I am closing the door on this cycle. Weight was up to 208 this morning.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Smoky
    My PCT is looking like this:

4 weeks +supps

Nolvadex 40/40/20/10
    ReboundXT 75/50/25/25
    Fenugreek 3/4/5/6
    AX_Retain
    DHEA
    addons:
    pGH & Creatine

Supplements: Pre-cycle, during and into PCT
    Multi Vitamin
    Glucosamine
    Flax seed oil
    Hawthorne Berries
    RYR
    Saw Palmetto
    Celery Seed
    CoQ10
    AX Perfect Cycle
    Taurine
    BCAA

I should have 6 months of pGH as soon as the xmas sale arrives from UniKits. Not sure on how I will apply it yet, but it appears to be ED in the am. Any input on the pGH is appreciated.
    Great log Smoky. Quick question just to be clear, are you only running the sd/prost/above listed supps during the cycle? No RXT or DHEA - those are only for PCT? I'm impressed that you're not having much suppression.

26. You are correct. The dhea and RXT come in during PCT.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Smoky
    Stats of interest
    changes since 12/8/05

Tale of the tape 12/30/05:
    thighs +1"
    calves +1/4"
    waist -1/2"
    chest +1"
    forearms +1/2"
    upperarm +3/8"

Measurements seam to coincide with areas of largest strength gain as well. BP and Squat both did well. I will try to concentrate on arms this week, let's see if gains can be had in the fourth week.
    Update:
    end of SD cycle, change since last tale of the tape.

207 lbs.
    1/7/06 -------------------- total since start
    thighs +1/2" ------------ + 1 1/2"
    calves +1/4" ------------ + 1/2"
    waist +3/4" ------------ + 1/4"
    chest +1/2" ------------ + 1 1/2"
    forearms +1/4" ---------- + 3/4"
    upperarm +1/4" --------- + 7/8"

28. great gains, good log !!!!
  29. day 33

It's mid-week of the fifth week. First week of Pro solo for 2 weeks. I have dropped back down to 100mg of Pro for various reasons. My schedule has been hectic which has made dosage timing erratic. It seems faults first creep in as supplementation errors, then food intake levels suffer when schedule conflicts arise. So I am adjusting to maintain as much continuity as possible. I also felt no substantial effect above 100mg. keeping in mind I am also trying to judge the lingering effects of SD as well. I generally didn’t like the way I felt above 100 as well. So common sense said back off. I have lost what I will call the SD pump. The Pro does lend itself to hardening but not like it did with SD. The pump was constant and almost seemingly heavy at times, in the quads and arms. I am maintaining weight lifted at this point. I am also falling back towards maintenance calories, but I tend to cycle my intake based on activity levels and interpretation of my current state. I also intend to experiment a bit to get an idea of the cutting potentials of Pro as well. I basically will be using a yo-yo diet. Some seem to refer to this as periodic refeeds. I find I can maintain energy levels quite well and yet drop my overall calorie intake.

Libido update ... The boys were beginning to feel different, as if they were bound up or something. I had noted earlier a noticeable lack of interest, but not sure how much is what as this is my first round of being suppressed. Based on this I have decided to start DHEA and Trib. I have been on them for 3 days and notice the return of morning wood, so it appears to be a good decision at this time. With my understanding of DHEA and its ability to become either TEST or E, I am watching for signs of high E. Perhaps someone can supplement this perception pro or con.

30. Smoky,

I don't know about DHEA going either way to T or E but I was doing 100mg doses of DHEA 3x/day with my nolva and my drive came back way faster than on nolva solo. I don't know how the Pro effects libido and that's why I was interested so much in your journal. I have a new girlfriend and I would hate to be a "no show" only two months into the relationship..LOL, but it is the sacrifice I shall make for my body. Your diet sounds similar to mine minus the yo-yo thing after ending a cycle. I am interested in where things head for you as I am into day 3 of my SD cycle.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Upcoming bulk, suggestions welcome!! SD-Prostanz
    By revodrew in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 01-22-2006, 06:01 PM
  2. SD/M1T Cycle Advice
    By skih00k in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 11:42 PM
  3. SD & Prost Cycle
    By 200wannabe in forum Cycle Info