55 yr old recovering from Hit-and-Run

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  224 lbs.
    Answers

55 yr old recovering from Hit-and-Run

Hey guys this post is for my Dad. A little over a yr ago my dad was struck by a car- hit and run scenario, and suffered a fractured pelvis(2 places), severe scalp wounds(worst the ER had seen in my area), now has bursittis (sp) of the knee and has pain in his elbow and shoulder. The people that found him didn't think he was alive- he is though thank God. Well he is trying to pick up his workouts and get rid of some/much accumulated fat after being in a wheel chair for months. Also he is on HRT i suppose--the testosterone gel you rub on body(is this dose sufficient?? im skeptical just because its not injectable). So far i have gotten him Rebound XT, Glucophase XR, and Cissus RX. Considered possibly Ectotropin from IBE but dont know if that is appropriate.. Just wanted to know how this sounds and if you would reccommend any additions? Also Cissus RX dose = 6 caps a day->enough?? REbound XT 2 caps a day=50mg (half in morning and half at night), glucophase 15 min prior to meals. HE doesnt like stimulants.

On another note- my grandpa- 80+ years old says he has nooooo energy- i was thinking Antioxidant+Alcar+chocamine? What are your thoughts for an older than older man. I want to improve his quality of life-especially energy. Thanks

-Soma

2. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Hey guys this post is for my Dad. A little over a yr ago my dad was struck by a car- hit and run scenario, and suffered a fractured pelvis(2 places), severe scalp wounds(worst the ER had seen in my area), now has bursittis (sp) of the knee and has pain in his elbow and shoulder. The people that found him didn't think he was alive- he is though thank God. Well he is trying to pick up his workouts and get rid of some/much accumulated fat after being in a wheel chair for months. Also he is on HRT i suppose--the testosterone gel you rub on body(is this dose sufficient?? im skeptical just because its not injectable). So far i have gotten him Rebound XT, Glucophase XR, and Cissus RX. Considered possibly Ectotropin from IBE but dont know if that is appropriate.. Just wanted to know how this sounds and if you would reccommend any additions? Also Cissus RX dose = 6 caps a day->enough?? REbound XT 2 caps a day=50mg (half in morning and half at night), glucophase 15 min prior to meals. HE doesnt like stimulants.

On another note- my grandpa- 80+ years old says he has nooooo energy- i was thinking Antioxidant+Alcar+chocamine? What are your thoughts for an older than older man. I want to improve his quality of life-especially energy. Thanks

-Soma
    I take it you mean oratropin(IGF-1) instead of ectotropin for wound healing, I would check IBE's forum before I order anything, seems to be problems happening over there
  3. Board Supporter
    Answers

Why the rebound xt? He needs estrogen at his age, with his conditions. It is cardio-protective, and aids wond healing. Sesathin would be a good addition, as would fish oil and lecithin.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Answers

For your father I think igf-1 would be great for helping him heal up a bit on top of the cissus rx. I would just go with muscle research's igf-1 due to ibe's problems of late, that is if he doesn't have a problem sticking a needle in himself daily (insulin needle, completely painless). I don't think the rebount xt is going to help him much anyways, hes on test as is. Also rebound isn't the friendliest on the lipids.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  224 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by snakebyte05
    For your father I think igf-1 would be great for helping him heal up a bit on top of the cissus rx. I would just go with muscle research's igf-1 due to ibe's problems of late, that is if he doesn't have a problem sticking a needle in himself daily (insulin needle, completely painless). I don't think the rebount xt is going to help him much anyways, hes on test as is. Also rebound isn't the friendliest on the lipids.
    Where did you hear ATD isnt friendly on lipids...i read someones reply that it has potential to be lipid friendly(similarly exemestane does). HAve you seen blood tests that show damages lipid profile? Reason for ATD is to lower estro(also for possibly decreasing brains recognition of androgens further increasing test.-kinda like nolva does for estrogen.)..there by increasing test up to a certain pt...and the test gel is so low in doseage i think it would help to get levels higher...b/c he is still prob in low test range. I was hoping ectotropin would work b/c it isnt igf and has much less potential for exacerbating cancer if it is present. Ectotropin is supposed to burn fat pretty efficiently and raise GH(possibly aiding slightly in joint repair) i thought.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

hello soma.. this is aries.. mr. aries.. your favorite aries... lol

chocomine/alcar/kr-ala/opc-3/atd/cissus/green tea/ectotropin for dad...

chocamine/alcar/opc-3/cissus for grandpa to start out with..

chocamine/rhodiola/opc-3/alcar/caffeine/green tea for little sister...

a great report card/lots of love/new job for mommy
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Natty Test Booster for 55 yr old
    By El Hefe in forum Supplements
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 08-29-2013, 04:08 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 08:10 PM
  3. dermacrine (old trans from PP) and CEL formestane
    By vette00 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6