Old Man Bloodwork Results

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wanted to share (brag) about some excellent bloodwork results I just recently received. I'm going to post the major points of interest that we all know are concerns with our supplement use. I have, and some know first hand, some experience with some supplements that have potential to wreek havoc on some of our systems. I am very pleased to see that today, in spite of, and attributed to some supplementation, my health profile (in some significant areas) is better today than it was 10 years ago.

My primary and staple supplements have been ALA, NAC, Vit C, Vit E, Multi, Fish Oil and I use milk thistle, and cholest-off in post cycles.

:study:

Cholesterol: 135 <200
Triglycerides: 43 <150
HDL Cholesterol: 69 >39
% HDL: 51 >20
LDL Cholesterol, Calc: 59 <130
VLDL Cholesterol: 7 - 0-29
Chol/HDL Ratio: 2.0 <5.0

GGT: 24 - 5-80
ALT: 20 - 2-60
AST: 19 - 10-41

PSA: 0.3 - <4.1

It's a good day to be alive!

Last edited:
lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Looks pretty perfect to me bro....nice job w/ keepin yourself in check. :thumbsup:

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Old bastard....you can't even keep the numbers up anymore :toofunny:

Malek256

Awards
I too have been going hell bent at clean supplements for purposes of health and doing better (got a surprised "bad cholesterol" reading last blood test which sucks considering I'm not "chemically enhanced") -- but Damn I'm envious of those cholesterol numbers! You're really kicking my butt! :(

Have you noticed that you seem to age more slowly relative to your friends? I have. It's got to be lifestyle!

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It is great to get a payback from the investment u make in yourself, great numbers....

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to share (brag) about some excellent bloodwork results I just recently received. I'm going to post the major points of interest that we all know are concerns with our supplement use. I have, and some know first hand, some experience with some supplements that have potential to wreek havoc on some of our systems. I am very pleased to see that today, in spite of, and attributed to some supplementation, my health profile (in some significant areas) is better today than it was 10 years ago.

My primary and staple supplements have been ALA, NAC, Vit C, Vit E, Multi, Fish Oil and I use milk thistle, and cholest-off in post cycles.

:study:

Cholesterol: 135 <200
Triglycerides: 43 <150
HDL Cholesterol: 69 >39
% HDL: 51 >20
LDL Cholesterol, Calc: 59 <130
VLDL Cholesterol: 7 - 0-29
Chol/HDL Ratio: 2.0 <5.0

GGT: 24 - 5-80
ALT: 20 - 2-60
AST: 19 - 10-41

PSA: 0.3 - <4.1

It's a good day to be alive!
:box: :box: :box:

You know, I've been heavily considdering completely retooling my supp regimine in favor of non hormonal health enhancing goodies. I am just finishing up a cycle and the time is now. :head:

I'm taking an extended break from the sauce. Your post has only added fuel to my fire. :smite:

Mabey wisdom does come with age...

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Awesome results for an awesome guy! Good for you, B :thumbsup:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
when is this forum's name gonna changed to "retirement village"

haha .. good looking stuff there B

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you noticed that you seem to age more slowly relative to your friends? I have. It's got to be lifestyle!
I had been well advanced in that race up to about 43 months ago. I was able to reverse a lot of the detrimental effects of many years of substance abuse and I have since assumed a 'suspended state of more youthfulness' while my peers are becoming equal to or greater than their age in appearance. Lifestyle...and grace :)
I'm taking an extended break from the sauce. Your post has only added fuel to my fire. :smite:

Mabey wisdom does come with age...
The message in between the lines is that I have regularly used hormonal supplements (some pretty harsh) and utilized other health promoting supplements as well and have these numbers. I believe, as mentined above, lifestyle, and excellent healthcare supplementation, have offset any negatives of hormonal use, and is the key to my results. Some quality off time is of course not a bad idea either.
Hey B....what was your BUN?
Hi end of normal range on both BUN and creatinine (nolva/creatine during PCT) but don't have the report with me.

My take home is this scenario:

At mid 20's I bragged of 177 cholesterol
At mid 30's I was alarmed at low 200's cholesterol and hi BP (out of control alcohol)
At 40 I have a 135 cholesterol and 43 month sobriety.

You do the math ;)

I do not condone or condemn the use of hormones, but in my case the use of such has promoted a greater awareness of my health and through sufficient self education has afforded me the opportunity to improve my overall health and wellness.

Last edited:

oldskoolbb

Awards
Congrats on all of the accomplishents especially the 43 months. I just recently gave up the booze 2 months. My BP is high and liver enzymes are slightly elevated as well as triglycerides 215. total cholestrol is 180. Never did a cycle. Booze is to blame. I hope I can get my bloodwork back in shape. I was going to do my first cycle in a couple of months but that is off now. At least until bvlood work is back to good..

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey...thanks. You too. Two months is a great start. Many good things will follow when you perservere on your journey towards a sober life. In times of struggle do not hesitate to look for support right here.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
total cholesterol today was 121 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

let the games begin :food:

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Any chance you would post dosages and brand names of your supp regimen. With numbers like that, alot of guys could probably benefit. Thanks

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
The two big ones for cholesterol health are niacin and polycosanol. I take 1G niacin 2X/day and 15mg polycosanol 2X/day.

One thing to note here....my ALT value was 44 (at the high end). I was a bit perplexed at this since I have been 'off' for a good 9 weeks and have been taking milk thistle, NAC and kr-ALA. But after a little research, I found that niacin will cause liver stress. I've been taking plain old niacin (nicotinic acid). I believe that inositol hexanicotinate (no flush) is easier on the liver but still has the same cholesterol lowering benefits. So I'll be switching to that when I finish my gargantuan bottle of the plain stuff.

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
where would one purchase polycosanol for a reasonable price?

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Nutraplanet. I've also bought bulk from BAC. It is becoming increasingly more available. Just do a search. Since I buy from our sponsors for most of my products, I just get it from Nutraplanet.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey...thanks. You too. Two months is a great start. Many good things will follow when you perservere on your journey towards a sober life. In times of struggle do not hesitate to look for support right here.
grats to both of you on the sobriety. I am now on year 15 sober of booze and clean of coke and all rec drugs.