Supplement Advice

bobi

Awards
I am 52 years old, and i work out regularly. I am looking to loose a little body fat, and gain a little streagnth and muscle.
I have been researching the supplement forum, but I would presume things are a little different for a guy my age.

I was thinking 7-Keto-Dhea and Creatine Ethyl Ester, any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

My wife is 43 and has the same goal, so any thoughts for her would be welcome as well.

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am 52 years old, and i work out regularly. I am looking to loose a little body fat, and gain a little streagnth and muscle.
I have been researching the supplement forum, but I would presume things are a little different for a guy my age.

I was thinking 7-Keto-Dhea and Creatine Ethyl Ester, any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

My wife is 43 and has the same goal, so any thoughts for her would be welcome as well.
I'm on my second 4 week cycle of IGF-1 and I'm becoming a big fan of this supplement. I would research some on IBE's forum
or the IGF forum. It's legal to buy online. It's a little more serious than regular prohormones but research as much can and make up your own mind
The effects are very subtle(maybe 3 or 4 lbs of lbm and some fat loss) but for an old guy mysterious ailments seem to disappear and skin seems to look younger.
I have taken it during PCT which makes any LBM gained even more impressive. I just look and feel better
The downside is that it may cause internal organ growth(distended gut),cave man look,cause existing tumors to grow faster than normal etc. Always research the downside

Increasing testosterone levels at your age is always a good idea and there are numerous supplements that could help here(although temporary while on cycle) , they are pretty much the same stuff the young guys take(Ergomax,4ad,etc see supplment forum) .
There are some very mild substances you could take to get test levels up(the kind of stuff people take for PCT(ultra hotter,fenugreek etc) to go along with your creatine usage.

The priorites should be(in my humble opinion)
1. Diet(if this isn't straight the other 2 won't matter) 40/40/20 seems popular on this board
2. Training
3. Supplements

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
IGF is a definite plus for your age group. I thought it was pretty amazing and I was 32 when I used it..the benefits are more noticable the older you are.

7-Keto is OK but all in all not worth the money. If it were dirt cheap I'd say do it but regular DHEA seems to a lot for far less money.

CEE..always a good choice for strength.

K-R-ALA or other potent antioxidant is always good. If you follow the recommendations on Designer Supplement's site for using their Glucophase XR it could help a lot.

I'd also recommend both Cissus RX and cAMPHIBOLIC for you and your wife. Read the threads about these herb mixes.

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
the 7oxo is good. you'll make slow steady gains in fat loss with it. in my opinion those are the easier gains to keep. dhea can help. i would use them in a TD. tried the oral dosing and nothing, so go TD. tried creatine, that stuff just made me gain BF. but it might work for you. igf-1, this is gold. only down side, after 4 to 6 weeks it doesn't work any more and you have to take 4 to 6 weeks off.

i have also used mega doses of b12/multiB IM.

good luck

bobi

Awards
Thanks for the advice, we are already working on the diet and training, i'll do some research on IGF

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ectotropin from IBE seems to be just what the doctor ordered. You and your wife can both get on it, I believe you will see great results although ideally you have to be on those for 9 months, which can get expensive.

Or, if you're watching out for spending, I might suggest 3g to 5g GABA with 1g L-Ornithine and 1.5g L-Arginine at night. Start the dosages low and slowly bring them up. This is very inexpensive and OVER TIME will make a big difference. Although if you don't mind spending real money, the ectotropin would be my first choice.

For accelerated fatloss, combining some DHEA and Dicana, which is fairly mild, would do you much good also.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I would say to initially look into using Avant's Sesathin and/or Fish Oil as safe and effective fatloss products, and also to consider using Avant's H. E.A. T. with extra supplementary Tyrosine and add Green Tea Extract with a decent ECGC content. All of these are relatively safe and easy, they definetly aid fat loss for most users with less potential of hammering one's health than some of the things these youngbloods around here like to play with.

I personally see nothing from CEE that's any better than what I get from plain 'ol CM, not worth the $ to me.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I agree with most of the recs. here, R-ALA and something new R-DHLA, are good(with biotin) additions, Low dose quality DHEA (cycled for brief periods) have worked for me, creatine, whey, glutamine, an occasional multiple,vitamin E, tocotrienols, CoQ10 and "Perfect Cycle" are all recs. of mine whether you are using hormonols or not. Of course a person has to take breaks from all supps on occasion. The antioxidents are a must in my estimation they seemed to have worked for me.

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ectotropin from IBE seems to be just what the doctor ordered. You and your wife can both get on it, I believe you will see great results although ideally you have to be on those for 9 months, which can get expensive.

Or, if you're watching out for spending, I might suggest 3g to 5g GABA with 1g L-Ornithine and 1.5g L-Arginine at night. Start the dosages low and slowly bring them up. This is very inexpensive and OVER TIME will make a big difference. Although if you don't mind spending real money, the ectotropin would be my first choice.

For accelerated fatloss, combining some DHEA and Dicana, which is fairly mild, would do you much good also.
How is Dicana in comparison to Tri-max. Do you get the same Thyroid shut down type of thing from it post use ? How's muscle loss , do you need to use a strong androgen along with it like Tri max ?