Snoring and TRT

factsaboutrat

Awards
I've been on TRT for appx 5 years, I'm 45 now, 5'11
185-190. Little belly, BMI reads high, but I'm not a huge dude at all. I've messed w doses, from 100/wk to 300/wk (that's my script, 300. My Endo is nuts, I really think he's a transitioned female). No matter the dose, my throat is closed up and I snore like crazy, plus my MPB spot got curly and wiry. I've cruised, I've cycled, I've run at 100-125 per week too for months. I expect problems at high dose, but I snore so badly at 100/wk that I can't sleep w my wife. Who's ****ing hot as hell. So... Who else has this problem and at what dose does it go away?

factsaboutrat

Awards
I'm a lifter too btw, I love to deadlift, I've got good traps and shoulders. Test attaches to upper body receptors I know. That's the problem.

ironmason

Awards
Interested to know other's experiences. My wife has been complaining recently as well.

Dr.C

Dr.C

Awards
I put on about 15 pounds during TRT, most of it muscle, some fat. I noticed I was snoring more when I bulk. I am on 125mg of Test Cyp per week. I bought an anti snoring mouthpiece and plan to cut. So far, the mouthpiece has been effective.

factsaboutrat

Awards
I went from 150 to 185 in the last 5 years too, I know that's the issue, but damn. I've got a cpap but can't get used to it. Did you buy a generic Amazon mouthpiece or the 5000$ dentist job?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've never heard of this before... I used to snore before TRT and it hasn't gotten worse or better, even when I put on size Has anyone tried the chin strap that keeps your mouth shut while sleeping?

flextx

flextx

Awards
Not related to TRT. I've been a large guy all my life. Played at 300+ in college. Since high school had sleep apnea and snored a lot. When I got done playing and got into bodybuilding and cut down it completely went away.

But anytime I bulk and my bodyweight starts pushing back to 280+ it begins to come back. I think it just has to do with the weight and size of my muscles and the added pressure they create when laying down.

factsaboutrat

Awards
I've never heard of this before... I used to snore before TRT and it hasn't gotten worse or better, even when I put on size Has anyone tried the chin strap that keeps your mouth shut while sleeping?
It's an issue w test replacement, it's on the bottles. If you ever do a sleep study or sinus surgery it's one of the first questions they ask. I tell em no, because I know they're gonna say to get off test. I'm not ready for that yet.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's an issue w test replacement, it's on the bottles. If you ever do a sleep study or sinus surgery it's one of the first questions they ask. I tell em no, because I know they're gonna say to get off test. I'm not ready for that yet.
I hear ya, but I guess I'm lucky that mine hasn't gotten worse on TRT.

Also, TRT is not a temporary fix. People don't just start it and stop it. That's not TRT. Do people who are diabetic just start and stop insulin? Real TRT is used by people who need it, who can't increase their T levels. It's a lifelong commitment.