On Pellets

Raptor3

Awards
38 yr old Currently on pellets. Test level is 1264. Estradiol is at 80. Would inhibit E be beneficial to use to bring that down and would it bring better results?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
In short, yes it will help.

Just remember tho it's still only OTC. While it will help to some extent, it's certainly not going to compare to something like pharma aromasin or letro

Raptor3

Awards
Doc isn't concerned yet since the test is so high. I figure the lower the better though for gains and BF loss.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Doc isn't concerned yet since the test is so high. I figure the lower the better though for gains and BF loss.
not true at all. estrogen is REQUIRED to build muscle. too low will completely hinder any gains. slightly elevated may actually be optimal for this purpose.

Raptor3

Awards
Thanks! I guess I'll just let it up to the doc. He seems pretty progressive since his goal was to get me to 1200

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks! I guess I'll just let it up to the doc. He seems pretty progressive since his goal was to get me to 1200
I'm assuming the lab you use has 1200 or something close to it as the highest point of the range. When it comes to TRT more is not better. You want to shoot for the level that works for you. 1200 will end up causing you issues.

Raptor3

Awards
What kind of issues? Yes their range topped out at 1200

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What kind of issues? Yes their range topped out at 1200
Heart trouble, prostrate trouble among others. Keeping you levels at 1200 for the rest of your life would be close to staying on a cycle for the rest of your life. If your dr is wanting you to stay at 1200 then he's not very knowledgable on TRT. Find another dr.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Plus it drives up your E2 and red blood count.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have a pretty progressive Doc who is on HRT himself but he would likely not support that high of a test level long term. I would certainly keep an eye on hematocrit levels and donate blood every time you can. With the pellets you are getting a much more stable T level. If your T was that high on injections long term I am positive you would have huge hematocrit issues because of the peaks.

I had to discontinue test cyp after years on it due to the blood issues. I was at critical stroke levels and it took about 3 months of therapeutic phlebotomies to get it down. I have to stick to a topical now.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a pretty progressive Doc who is on HRT himself but he would likely not support that high of a test level long term. I would certainly keep an eye on hematocrit levels and donate blood every time you can. With the pellets you are getting a much more stable T level. If your T was that high on injections long term I am positive you would have huge hematocrit issues because of the peaks.

I had to discontinue test cyp after years on it due to the blood issues. I was at critical stroke levels and it took about 3 months of therapeutic phlebotomies to get it down. I have to stick to a topical now.
How much were you injecting.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How much were you injecting.
For HRT I was only injecting 100mg per week. I think the bigger factor was many heavy cycles of everything good and great lol. After a time for some the marrow gets to sensitive to it or something. If I bang 100mg a week now within a month my hematocrit is out of control beyond donating blood. Takes WEEKLY phlebotomies for weeks to correct. sucks trust me because Id love me some Tren lol

Dr.C

Dr.C

Awards
Pellets can be convenient because you don't have to worry about pinning weekly. They also make a lot of profit for doctors but are considered "stone age" by some TRT guru's like Dr. Crisler. If it works for you and you feel good, and your numbers are dialed in then stick with it. Many men find it expensive and tough to get your numbers dialed in and it can be invasive. If you are at 1200 with good free T, estrogen in check, and lipids and H&H within rage I don't see a need to lower your dose unless your H&H starts creeping up or other numbers don't look good. Generally speaking, the higher your TT, the more side effects are possible but its different for every man. Its all about how you feel and what your lab work says. Your estrogen is elevated, was this a standard or sensitive test?

dbethune

Awards
I just had 900 mg pellets inserted today no ai and I'll post back time to time I get my levels checked every couple months

Caldwood

Caldwood

Awards
  • Established
not true at all. estrogen is REQUIRED to build muscle. too low will completely hinder any gains. slightly elevated may actually be optimal for this purpose.
Yes exactly if you kill your estrogen, you feel like ****, your gains sucks ass, and you won't get the God like euphoria. The key is to control it but don't kill it.