Clomid for natty test booster

adawg1980

Awards
Hello. I'm 34, healthy and was wondering about opinions of using Clomid to boost test levels.

My doctor gave me a prescription last year for Test Cyp, but before I commit to that, I wanted to see if Clomid might help get my levels up.

I'm currently around mid500's, but not satisfied.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
First your in the mid-fives and you're not on TRT? And you're unhappy? At your age my number was 218

Second Clomid is a carcinogen I would try and stay away from carcinogens As much as possible.

adawg1980

Awards
Well, I think my doctor knows much about hormones, but I had told him that my libido had been down, seem to get tired more often, kinda foggy headed at times. I figured of I could get my test upwards of 900 (and all other hormones in check. i.e., estrogen, prolactin, etc) then I may feel better.

I am married with 3 kids (8yr. 2 yr. and 4 months) and would like to have a consistent boost of energy to help around the house, plus not have a dead sex drive.

I know other hormones can effect everything I mentioned above, but it seems, in my research, that Test is the first step.

Also, I'd like to maintain some muscle and strength.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Test is not your issue, but it is the easy route for a doctor. You have 3 kids and a new born and you wonder where the sex drive and energy is? You have many other options to get energy and help libido without screwing with a pretty decent test level.

I was building muscle with 200 levels of test, so that isn't an issue.

adawg1980

Awards
Test is not your issue, but it is the easy route for a doctor. You have 3 kids and a new born and you wonder where the sex drive and energy is? You have many other options to get energy and help libido without screwing with a pretty decent test level.

I was building muscle with 200 levels of test, so that isn't an issue.
In your opinion, what is a proven supplement/medication to boost testosterone levels? I've tried different natty test boosters, with blood work, and significant increase. MAYBE 100 points at best.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No OTC is going to boost all that much from a total test perspective. You can maximize that by increasing free test (Tongkat ali, divinal, boron) and also making sure you keep estrogen in healthy levels. There are numerous products you can use.

Generally when you free up bound test, you feel slight aggression, increased libido, more energy, and a better sense of well being.

Keep in mind when thinking about TRT, I am on and I keep my levels around 700 and free test near the top of the normal range. I am stronger than ever and feel great and that is only a little more than what you have naturally.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look it up, easy... Google
Really?? Interesting!!
If you are talking about a possible relation between clomiphene and ovarian cancer I don't think this is a concern for the OP or any man :)

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
lol.... yeah.

i put enough stuff in my body that will d how know what when im old, just one less thing i need in me. plus trt theres no need.

again in the 500s its not need

adawg1980

Awards
Thanks for the replies. So, do any of you think I will benefit from test levels higher than mid 500's? I think I would, but arty the expense of lifetime TRT?

What about over the counter supplements? Are there any boostersthat would get me upwards of 900

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies. So, do any of you think I will benefit from test levels higher than mid 500's? I think I would, but arty the expense of lifetime TRT?

What about over the counter supplements? Are there any boostersthat would get me upwards of 900
I hate to disappoint, but I don't think there are any natural test boosters that will nearly double your level.

Heck, I don't think any would even add 100 to a person's level.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
focus on diet not hormones...stay away from american diet u will be fine ...get heavy metal testing done imo

anabolix

Awards
  • Established
If you want to increase your libido and feel good, then id steer clear of clomid. That stuff will hurt your libido and make you depressed and irritable like a pms'ing woman lol. No doubt the test would give you a libido and energy boost, but you might wanna try a low dosed ai first.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You should be focusing on your free test level as raising this will do more than raising the total.
Viron and Formeron combo should raise it up into the top end range for total and should get your free T up to top end or even above.

1 pump formeron 1 cap viron twice a day.

Clomid makes your brain think estrogen is low. Formeron really lowers it.

adawg1980

Awards
If you want to increase your libido and feel good, then id steer clear of clomid. That stuff will hurt your libido and make you depressed and irritable like a pms'ing woman lol. No doubt the test would give you a libido and energy boost, but you might wanna try a low dosed ai first.
After I started this thread, I realized the Clomid is pretty much a no go.

What A.I. would you recommend?

adawg1980

Awards
You should be focusing on your free test level as raising this will do more than raising the total.
Viron and Formeron combo should raise it up into the top end range for total and should get your free T up to top end or even above.

1 pump formeron 1 cap viron twice a day.

Clomid makes your brain think estrogen is low. Formeron really lowers it.
Is the Boron in Viron what raises your free test? Is Viron and Formeron an PCT style combo?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Formeron is an AI.
Boron and tongkat raise free test and yes Formeron and Viron is a great PCT.
Much less side effects than Clomid.

Clomid common sides
More common

Bloating
stomach or pelvic pain
Blurred vision
decreased or double vision or other vision problems
seeing flashes of light
sensitivity of eyes to light
yellow eyes or skin

Breast discomfort
dizziness or lightheadedness
headache
heavy menstrual periods or bleeding between periods
mental depression
nausea or vomiting
nervousness
restlessness
tiredness
trouble in sleeping

Sides associated with Formeron and viron combo= 0

adawg1980

Awards
Oh ok. I called my doctor's nurse about maybe taking Clomid and they never responded to me........ probably because it is not FDA approved for men.

I read somewhere online that Formeron was actually a prohormone. Is that true? If not, is there a cycling period?

anabolix

Awards
  • Established
After I started this thread, I realized the Clomid is pretty much a no go.

What A.I. would you recommend?
I would try formeron, it works great for me. Too much and you might lower estrogen enough to actually hurt libido and your joints, but a little bit should really help. Personally i like the blr brand the best.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh ok. I called my doctor's nurse about maybe taking Clomid and they never responded to me........ probably because it is not FDA approved for men.

I read somewhere online that Formeron was actually a prohormone. Is that true? If not, is there a cycling period?
Formestane is a very mild prohormone but at low doses it's not enough to be suppressive or require cycling. I know quite a few people who have been using it every day for years.
When you get to the 4 plus pump a day range it starts becoming more and more anabolic and suppressive. At 2 pumps a day it will raise test levels.

adawg1980

Awards
Very interesting. What is the ingredient in it? How many pumps come in a bottle?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sweet.thanks for the link. I love that site. So, being my total test is around 550, what do you think my average increase would be and how long can I run it?
I would be lying if I said I knew for sure. Everyone is different bro and everyone responds differently.
I've seen one guy who's total test was 81 and his free was 7.
6 days on formeron and the total went to 700 and his free went to 255. Exceptional because the human normal range for free test cuts off at 150. So 255 is very high.

I would expect it to rise a good deal. Equal or more than what you would get from clomid.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
clomid can be used as a test booster..you need 12.5 -25mg 2-3x per week more is not better and not everyone responds well to it

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, it can and endos like to start with it for a "kick start", but then you come off of it. It is not made to run for extended periods of time, simply an attempt to get natty production back.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes Clomid will raise test levels but unfortunately it will do nothing to solve the problem.
Estrogen levels will skyrocket so when you stop the Clomid your test levels will plummet. = Failure.
Formeron will lower estrogen levels so when you stop your test will be high and estro will be low. The body will seek homeostasis and youll end up with both test and estro in normal ranges with test being slightly high and estro slightly low. Right where we want them.

JTR12

Banned
Awards
Anecdotally, Clomid may help your bloodwork, but it seems like there's far less of a subjective benefit when compared to TRT: no "wellness" boost, no libido change, etc. And as pointed out, you'll return to baseline after a trial. Clomid is sometimes used to figure out whether someone's hypogonadism is primary or secondary. If the testes respond to the boost in LH/FSH from the pituitary, then it's secondary. If not, then the testes are the problem. None of this really applies to you, as you're not hypogonadal.

If you want a fairly side-effect free option of boosting test, research zinc and Vitamin D3. I believe zinc can lower estrogen, and a lot of people are chronically deficient in D3, which can help your hormone profile.