Back pumps on DMZ

elmatth1

Awards
I just finished my 4th week of my DMZ cycle and have made awesome progress so far. Problem is, this past week and a half the back pumps have gotten so bad that I've had to miss two workouts and cut another short. I'm only on 40mg ed of DMZ and taking 4 caps of armor cycle for support ed. I'm also taking creatine, preworkout (C4), and fish oil.

I've been taking potassium supps, drinking more fluids, and added 1/2 teaspoon on Taurine preworkout (morning), lunch and dinner ft or the past week. Nothing has seemed to help relieve the back pumps.

My questions are, would more Taurine help? Are the preworkout supps and creatine making the pumps worse? Should I stop t he cycle altogether and start pct or drop down to 20mg ed until the cycle is over? Would I even see any benefit from 20mg of DMZ ed?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
More taurine, more water, ditch the preworkout.

elmatth1

Awards
Is there a limit to how much taurine I should be taking? Also, should I drop the creatine too, or just the preworkout?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Is there a limit to how much taurine I should be taking? Also, should I drop the creatine too, or just the preworkout?
Up to 8g a day. I'd just drop the preworkout for now and see how that goes.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good deep tissue back massages and horse liniment worked wonders for me with back pumps on DMZ

elmatth1

Awards
Just ordered some horse liniment from amazon prime. Had to look it up first cause i had no idea what that even was! LOL. Would foam rolling work for the low back area in place of massage? Or would I risk injury doing that?

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Foam rolling is just fine. Didnt work as well as the back massages(didnt pay...just asked the wife) but I rolled almost every workout.

horse liniment is very hot. Dont get too handy cause you will be in a lot of pain.

elmatth1

Awards
Cool! Thanks guys! I'll give the suggestions a shot.

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
If you can't pinpoint the knots with the foam roller, try a lacrosse ball, or even a tennis ball. You can really dig in to the muscles. Just watch the spine itself!

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
If you can't pinpoint the knots with the foam roller, try a lacrosse ball, or even a tennis ball. You can really dig in to the muscles. Just watch the spine itself!
I find a tennis ball works like a charm to target one spot

elmatth1

Awards
Funny you should mention the ball methods. I was just reading about that last night and am going to try it out this morning.

I was drinking about 48oz of water, 30oz coffee, and probably 36oz of diet Dr. Pepper each day, so I have added another 24oz of water and dropped the pop down to 12oz to see if that helps, too. That's going to be tough, cause I'm addicted to diet Dr Pepper!

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Funny you should mention the ball methods. I was just reading about that last night and am going to try it out this morning. I was drinking about 48oz of water, 30oz coffee, and probably 36oz of diet Dr. Pepper each day, so I have added another 24oz of water and dropped the pop down to 12oz to see if that helps, too. That's going to be tough, cause I'm addicted to diet Dr Pepper!
you need more water than that you should be at around atleast a gallon a day

elmatth1

Awards
Zcol, does that include all fluids or just water? I've always just thought that recommendation was for all fluids. If that's just water, I'm way under where I need to be!

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Just Water,
diet dr pepper and coffee are both going to dehydrate you, if that's all your drinking then simply upping your water intake is more than likely going to solve the back pump problems

elmatth1

Awards
Damn! I don't know how in all the years I've been at this I never realized that bit of important info! Thanks!

I'm gonna feel like a real dumba$$ if that takes my back pumps away!

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
It happens to all of us man, don't know how many little things like that I've missed, but that's what forums like this are for