Backing off the T before blood work?

cas1981

Awards
So its been about 8 months since the last time I had my T levels checked, Im prescribed 200mg once every two weeks. The last time I had it checked I was right on the money for where I needed to be, but that was 8 months ago and I dont remember the numbers. I take Testosterone cypionate btw. Anyway I had a lot of extra T for awhile so I started taking 400mg a week and I dropped back down to 200mg last week. I need to go back in sometime in the next month or so to get my levels checked. How long do I need to wait until my higher levels get down to normal again?

bigt405

bigt405

Awards
I think it is probably different for everyone but as a reference after doing 450 for 8 weeks and then going back to 100 a week my test level was 427 after four weeks.

Foxtrot

Foxtrot

Awards
TEST-C has a 12-18 day half life meaning half of your last injection remain in your system after that time period. I am on TRT 200MG per week. I bumped it up to cycle to 350 per week and after 2 weeks at that dose I had bloods done and was at 1315 total and 50.5 free test! And that was 3 days after last injection.

cas1981

Awards
Thanks guys. So big T you where taking 450 per week fo 8 weeks and then cut back to 100 per wk for 4 wks how long after your last shot before you tested?

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Definitely make a plan. Then get independent labs done with enough time to keep coming down before your doc ordered labs.

It's a game, isn't it...

cas1981

Awards
Yes it is. I'm having trouble finding a private lab though .

cas1981

Awards
If it ends up being high I thought about saying I've been taking T booster sups for working out . But thats not gonna work if my levels are through the roof. I'm laying off the T all together for a month before labs but then there's a chance of under shooting it to much. Errrr this sucks

atl3128

Awards
If it ends up being high I thought about saying I've been taking T booster sups for working out . But thats not gonna work if my levels are through the roof. I'm laying off the T all together for a month before labs but then there's a chance of under shooting it to much. Errrr this sucks
Get labs done yourself only costs around $50

cas1981

Awards
I want to but I'm having trouble finding a place that does it.

cas1981

Awards
I just found a place its $50 for total T and $80 for my free T do you think I need both or will just the total work?

atl3128

Awards
I just found a place its $50 for total T and $80 for my free T do you think I need both or will just the total work?
If you check the sticky on here there in a place that you can get full blood work done you have to select the female panel because the male doesnt check estrogen levels and the femal on is cheaper. PLus if you look on the net you can get a code for 15% dicount so the total is around $50 for the blood work.

From the sticky "Here is the trick. Go to privatemdlabs.com and select the hormone panel for females. This test comes with a CMP (liver, kidney values and more), CBC (blood counts), total Testosterone, total Estrogen, LH and FSH.

cas1981

Awards
Thanks. I checked the sticky the closest lab on there is over 50 miles away but I found one closer. What I'm trying to fig out is if I should pay the extra $30 and get my free levels of T checked as well or if the total one is good enough. Any thoughts?

atl3128

Awards
I think I would go ahead and pay to get a more complete test done. Are you going through the site that is listed in the sticky? If so did you choose the female panel?

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Thanks. I checked the sticky the closest lab on there is over 50 miles away but I found one closer. What I'm trying to fig out is if I should pay the extra $30 and get my free levels of T checked as well or if the total one is good enough. Any thoughts?
If it's just fyi, free probably isn't necessary. You're just wondering an approximate total level before your doc orders for trt right?

cas1981

Awards
Yeah, I just got back from the lab . I went ahead and ordered both should have results by Wed. Can't put a price on peace of mind ..well yeah you can it was $79.99

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Yeah, I just got back from the lab . I went ahead and ordered both should have results by Wed. Can't put a price on peace of mind ..well yeah you can it was $79.99
Report back when you get your results!

cas1981

Awards
200mg every other wk. Been on that dose for two yrs.

cas1981

Awards
Yeah I'm just hoping low levels like that after 8 months don't look suspect. Does that seem like to dramatic of a change

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I'm just hoping low levels like that after 8 months don't look suspect. Does that seem like to dramatic of a change
The doc will most likely just bump up your test dosage. Also, tell the doc you have been running a lot. A LOT

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Running drops T?
Well, i have read that it can put enough stress in the body to cause it to drop, plus my TRT doc says that the military has such a large population of guys with low T, they are still investigating why, but the training and all the gosh damn running can very well be the cause.

cas1981

Awards
I'm sure doctors fresh out of medical school are more educated on this subject. Some of these fossils are new to this type of treatment and don't have all the facts. I need to get me a doogie howser Dr.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I'm sure doctors fresh out of medical school are more educated on this subject. Some of these fossils are new to this type of treatment and don't have all the facts. I need to get me a doogie howser Dr.
I just take the rx from him and figure out the rest on my own. They thought I was crazy when I asked about dulling the needle from the vial rubber. Never mind, I will just get more needles on my own...

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just take the rx from him and figure out the rest on my own. They thought I was crazy when I asked about dulling the needle from the vial rubber. Never mind, I will just get more needles on my own...
So maybe you know a bit more about this than i do, what kind of sides or precautions should one take if they add test e to TRT to total 500 mg a week? I am debating it in a few months, but want to make sure I don't fuk something up.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
So maybe you know a bit more about this than i do, what kind of sides or precautions should one take if they add test e to TRT to total 500 mg a week? I am debating it in a few months, but want to make sure I don't fuk something up.
Should be OK with just an AI. You will learn to feel E2 high/low unless you get frequent bloods. I gained hella strength at 500/wk. Didn't use an AI too much so I ballooned up like a fat kid. But all's well that ends well

cas1981

Awards
Not to sound stupid but what's an AI?... I don't want to be a fat kid

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Aromatase Inhibitor,
Exemestane, Arimidex, letrozole, torem...., something
Not to sound stupid but what's an AI?... I don't want to be a fat kid
I am no expert on the subject, so either somebody will chime in and tell you all about it or you should do some research. Research either way, plenty of info in this board and on the net

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I like exemestane but I've never tried arimidex

usarugbyfan

Awards
Here's what I do, my Rx has gone up to 300mg/wk this way, and that's plenty for me at my age and for my goals: about 2 weeks before twice a year labs, I start a taper down to about 140 mg per week. I do my injections 3x per week, and skip the one before the blood is drawn so I get it a good "Trough". The doctor see's I'm at high levels but still physiological levels, prescription stays at 300mg a week, and everyone's happy. The funny look from the pharmacist is responded by me with "doc says I'm a fast metabolizer." I also get Arimidex and hCG by prescription. Took a few years to tune everything, but I'm plenty happy now.

cas1981

Awards
Yeah that sounds like a good plan. I'll find out what he suggests tomorrow

cas1981

Awards
So the doc doubled my testosterone today which is cool but my blood work came back a little janky I think probably because I was loading with a really high dose and then stopped altogether three weeks before getting my levels checked. My bad cholesterol was high (wich is weird for me) by blood protein was low and my blood pressure was through the roof. Any thoughts ?

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So the doc doubled my testosterone today which is cool but my blood work came back a little janky I think probably because I was loading with a really high dose and then stopped altogether three weeks before getting my levels checked. My bad cholesterol was high (wich is weird for me) by blood protein was low and my blood pressure was through the roof. Any thoughts ?
What were your T levels?

cas1981

Awards
225 but that's because I stopped my injections all together