Short blast log

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

1. Oh, one thing I wanted to add in is the additional supplements I have been taking and also an old friend that I added back in. I'm talking about Erase. I stopped taking it months ago because I didn't feel the need to keep taking them. Plus I got sick of buying things. Then the other week I decided to pick up a bottle and add it in. Man, I forgot how good it makes me feel and the dried out look. It's so subtle when you take it that you don't realize it makes you look better.

So:
    fish oil
    cycle assist
    aniracetam
    alpha gpc
    rhodiala or phenyl piracetam
    green tea extract

and recently Erase.

2. I small update. I trained on tuesday and it was a breeze. No earth shattering records but the lifts came easier and I could have continued if I had wanted to. I am usually pretty spent by an hour. Hopefully tonight will bring similar results but I have a water heater to change first.

My diet has been better the last several days. Meal prep really helps a lot. I had class last night and could have easily skipped dinner but I made myself eat. Not ideal but a grilled chicken sandwich and fries was what I could put down. Hunger, so far has been about the same. Of course I have been trying to eat more so that may not be an accurate or relevant statement.

This is going to sound funny but..........I feel really good. Truthfully I was expecting to feel bloated and other issues from excess estrogen. Libido has been better as well. When I have check labs in the past my E2 has been slightly above range at my trough. I figured this blast would send it out of control. It is still early yet in this process, so **** may go down hill eventually. I hope not, I feel pretty damn good. Of course it is only a week and a couple of days into the blast.

Weight is up probably 1.5lbs. from 6-11-13.
    •   

3. Last night was shoulder, tri's, and bi's. Very pleased with my session. I figured I was going to run out of steam with lack of eating and working out after I had to replace the water heater in my crawlspace but I did not. I am definitely going to attribute this to the bump in test. I have been running low on sleep the past few weeks and I know it has affected everything. I am still trying to get more sleep but I think I am managing okay.

I would like to pose a question to all: What are the possibilities of over training when doing a blast. I feel like I could train again today but wonder if its too soon. I could do legs but I killed them the other day and really do not want to do that. Is it possible to overtrain while on a blast?

Oh yeah, I did eat like a beast last night after my workout.

Weight, at this point is probably closer to 2 - 2.5 lbs up from start of 6-11-13.

4. The main benefit of cycling and/or a blast is the decreased recovery time, IMO. You can train twice as hard and long and recover the same as before. Now is the time to take advantage of it, but you just need to make sure to keep macros up and get the rest your body is going to need, but you just may not feel like it does.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    The main benefit of cycling and/or a blast is the decreased recovery time, IMO. You can train twice as hard and long and recover the same as before. Now is the time to take advantage of it, but you just need to make sure to keep macros up and get the rest your body is going to need, but you just may not feel like it does.
    I don't know about twice as hard training for me, I give it all I've got no matter what. But I do agree on faster recovery
    •   

6. Ok, ending this today. Final numbers from this week:

Weight 215 holding a steady average. I tend to end the day around 217 and wake up around 213 for the last 2 weeks.
    DL- 525x1, repping sets of 6 @ 425
    Sumo DL 475x1, reps @ 405
    Fr Squat 365 x 1, reps @ 315
    Squat 445 x 1, reps @ 375
    Bench 335x1, reps @ 265
    Pull ups went from max 16 in a row to 23

This week was awesome to the ego because the 20 yo guys that work at the pool we go to pulled me aside and were quizing me about my routine, diet, etc because they are playing D2 football in the fall. In my head I was thinking, here I am at almost 40 and I have these guys asking what my workout is.

So, I am in love and will be doing this again in the fall.

7. Good work man. Thanks for the log

8. k:
    Great results and great info.

9. That is a good point on the faster recovery. I never gave it that much thought as far as the repair side of it but I know after this weekend that there is a lot to it. I went off road riding saturday. I am usually sore from head to toe come sunday morning. I was still tired from a long hot day but I was not really sore and was able to train normally on sunday.

Still feel really good. I have been taking erase but I am not 100% sure of its E2 suppressing abilities as I have not run labs while taking it.

Weight is up 2.5-3 lbs from 6-11-13.

10. Belated update. Finally getting my normal schedule back.

Workouts have been great. Mood is good but libido may be suffering a little bit. I may just be getting worn out. I'll be a better judge when I am back in my normal routine. I am also at the start of what I believe to be a sinus infection. I think that is having some negative impacts as well. I'll give a much better update towards the end of the week.

Weight is up about 3.5 lbs.

11. Quote Originally Posted by UJMRYDER View Post
    Belated update. Finally getting my normal schedule back.

Workouts have been great. Mood is good but libido may be suffering a little bit. I may just be getting worn out. I'll be a better judge when I am back in my normal routine. I am also at the start of what I believe to be a sinus infection. I think that is having some negative impacts as well. I'll give a much better update towards the end of the week.

Weight is up about 3.5 lbs.
    Sounds like decent progress

12. Just a 2 week post blast follow up. I dropped to 60mg e3.5d immediately after and within 2 days started to feel peaceful again. All edge is gone and energy is actually up. I have dropped back to 210-212lbs- mainly due to cutting back to about 3500 maintenance calories, but all lifts have remained and the best part is that my average BP has gone from 142 over 85 (based on 4 checks) to 126 over 76. I do think that this is partially adding to my increased energy.

Goal is to keep lifts, increase cardio, and attempt to keep weight where it is. I'll update 2 weeks from now, so a full month off. That should be a good representation of what can be done.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Vinnyboombots View Post
    Your trt doctor is gonna be like WTF happened to you. Lol
    Funny you should say that. I had an appointment a few months ago and my physician told me my back was looking huge. My response, oh yeah I started taking creatine

14. Quote Originally Posted by corvettels3 View Post

Funny you should say that. I had an appointment a few months ago and my physician told me my back was looking huge. My response, oh yeah I started taking creatine
    And I've been eating a lot of protein . Lol

15. Quote Originally Posted by corvettels3 View Post
    F U N N Y, he probably shook his head yes and then moved on.......

16. Short Update

I've been sick. I have had what I think is a sinus infection although (knock on wood) it seems to be getting better. Just a stuffy head, sore throat, lack of energy, crappy kind of feeling. I have still been training but my appetite has suffered with being sick. What great timing. I have had sinus infections/problems in the past but never in the summer. Weird.

Of course this lead me to worrying that I really messed up my blood work, red blood cell count, etc. So I went ahead and had blood work done (privatemd labs). Bad news is my white blood cells / lymphocils were slightly elevated I guess do to being sick. I don't think too much a big deal. The good news is my red blood cells / hematicrit levels are better than they have been before. I was pleased to see that because it did cause me concern not knowing about it.

My T level was 1376 which is great but my Estroidal was 79 on a range of like 5-44 or something like that. I have been taking one erase a day so I will try taking two. I do not know if it is doing anything but I figure it cant hurt. I do not feel bloated and I feel like my libido has been good right up to the point of getting sick. this sinus crap just wears me out. I do think that I have had some anxiety issues due to the elevated estroidal but I feel a little better getting bloods done and not being as sick as I was. Just some observations.

Strength is really up. Even sick, I am breezing through workouts and that is with increasing the loads. Joints actually feel better than they ever have. Take out being sick and I think this experiment has been awesome. Oh yeah, I have been putting off buying larger shirts for a while (because I am a cheap bastard) but this has put me over the edge. The last couple of weekends I have spent some time shopping. Weight is now up about 6.5 lbs. I wish it were more but I don't think a lot is water retention. I am sure some is but hopefully not the majority. I am going to go til the beginning of August. If I end up with 7-8 lbs of gains that I can keep I will be very happy.

Side note: I really do not think I look any bigger or act any different but one guy I know asked me if I had been hitting the weights extra hard. I jokingly said that I have just been buying smaller shirts. He said whatever I was doing to keep it up. Another dude I met referred to me as "Diesel". Kind of funny because I am not a big dude and try to slip under the radar whenever I can. Just weird.

More updates to come as I squeeze ungodly amounts of snot out of my head.

17. Quote Originally Posted by UJMRYDER View Post
    Short Update

I've been sick. I have had what I think is a sinus infection although (knock on wood) it seems to be getting better. Just a stuffy head, sore throat, lack of energy, crappy kind of feeling. I have still been training but my appetite has suffered with being sick. What great timing. I have had sinus infections/problems in the past but never in the summer. Weird.

Of course this lead me to worrying that I really messed up my blood work, red blood cell count, etc. So I went ahead and had blood work done (privatemd labs). Bad news is my white blood cells / lymphocils were slightly elevated I guess do to being sick. I don't think too much a big deal. The good news is my red blood cells / hematicrit levels are better than they have been before. I was pleased to see that because it did cause me concern not knowing about it.

My T level was 1376 which is great but my Estroidal was 79 on a range of like 5-44 or something like that. I have been taking one erase a day so I will try taking two. I do not know if it is doing anything but I figure it cant hurt. I do not feel bloated and I feel like my libido has been good right up to the point of getting sick. this sinus crap just wears me out. I do think that I have had some anxiety issues due to the elevated estroidal but I feel a little better getting bloods done and not being as sick as I was. Just some observations.

Strength is really up. Even sick, I am breezing through workouts and that is with increasing the loads. Joints actually feel better than they ever have. Take out being sick and I think this experiment has been awesome. Oh yeah, I have been putting off buying larger shirts for a while (because I am a cheap bastard) but this has put me over the edge. The last couple of weekends I have spent some time shopping. Weight is now up about 6.5 lbs. I wish it were more but I don't think a lot is water retention. I am sure some is but hopefully not the majority. I am going to go til the beginning of August. If I end up with 7-8 lbs of gains that I can keep I will be very happy.

Side note: I really do not think I look any bigger or act any different but one guy I know asked me if I had been hitting the weights extra hard. I jokingly said that I have just been buying smaller shirts. He said whatever I was doing to keep it up. Another dude I met referred to me as "Diesel". Kind of funny because I am not a big dude and try to slip under the radar whenever I can. Just weird.

More updates to come as I squeeze ungodly amounts of snot out of my head.
    Sinus infections suck. How much longer do you have on your blast?

18. 3.5 Weeks left on Blast. Hopefully the most productive

19. I had a sinus infection this spring that I caught from the kids and it last almost 4 weeks. They are the worst.

20. Wish you a speedy recovery. Thanks for the update

21. Great update. Are you keeping your calorie count up? The E2 would be very high for me personally. Good that you are handling it. I think most people recommend mid-range as a good run rate.

22. I've been trying to get in my calories but I really have had a crappy appetitie being sick. I am feeling much better and eating and training are getting back in line.

I believe I will be getting a nice rib eye, sweet potato and some shrooms in line this evening.

E2 is high but I believe it is/was the sinus issue that had me feeling like crap. Do not think its an infection now that I am feeling better. I was always told that you need antibiotics if it is an infection. Kinda feel like a sissy, it really kicked the **** out of me this time.

23. Update:

About 2.5 weeks left on Blast. I have had an awesome week training and nutritionally wise. My training has increased in volume as well as frequency. I guess the same can be said for food as well. Nutrition has been the hardest to keep up with. Between the time of meal prep and the extra amount of intake it can be taxing. I loike to eat but I can go multiple hours without eating as well. This has been the hardest part. I get busy on projects around the house or I am out and about and its hard to just stop what I am doing and eat. I've tried to do some simple stuff just to help with this like using almond milk in all of my shakes as opposed to water and spooning some peanut butter into my pie hole as a snack when I pass by the pantry. Not ideal but I am doing what I can.

Workouts are awesome as well. Each workout I am able to best what I did before. I am sure that this is due to the extra test as well as the extra calories. Its really a gas being able to lift this heavy without having to take days off in between. What really perplexes me, however, is my joints. My joints feel better that they ever have. I've read where too much T reduces collegen and lifting too heavy destroys your joints. I have found the opposite.

Weight is up 10 lbs from the start.

I will definitely do this again during the winter but I am also looking forward to getting back to my TRT dose. I am dealing with a little anxiety and I will not mind a break from the extra eating as well. On that note I am looking for an opinion or two. I have thought that maybe next time I do this I will look into getting some "meal replacement shakes". I know that this is not ideal but I wonder if It will make it easier to deal with taking in the extra calories. Anyone have any thoughts?

Next time I may also look into getting an AI. I really do not like the thought of this only due to finding a trusted/legitimate source. It just seems like for every good review there is a bad one. I don't necessarily feel like I need one but I do believe that there is a link between between excess estrogen and cancer. We will see.

24. Quote Originally Posted by UJMRYDER View Post
    Update:

About 2.5 weeks left on Blast. I have had an awesome week training and nutritionally wise. My training has increased in volume as well as frequency. I guess the same can be said for food as well. Nutrition has been the hardest to keep up with. Between the time of meal prep and the extra amount of intake it can be taxing. I loike to eat but I can go multiple hours without eating as well. This has been the hardest part. I get busy on projects around the house or I am out and about and its hard to just stop what I am doing and eat. I've tried to do some simple stuff just to help with this like using almond milk in all of my shakes as opposed to water and spooning some peanut butter into my pie hole as a snack when I pass by the pantry. Not ideal but I am doing what I can.

Workouts are awesome as well. Each workout I am able to best what I did before. I am sure that this is due to the extra test as well as the extra calories. Its really a gas being able to lift this heavy without having to take days off in between. What really perplexes me, however, is my joints. My joints feel better that they ever have. I've read where too much T reduces collegen and lifting too heavy destroys your joints. I have found the opposite.

Weight is up 10 lbs from the start.

I will definitely do this again during the winter but I am also looking forward to getting back to my TRT dose. I am dealing with a little anxiety and I will not mind a break from the extra eating as well. On that note I am looking for an opinion or two. I have thought that maybe next time I do this I will look into getting some "meal replacement shakes". I know that this is not ideal but I wonder if It will make it easier to deal with taking in the extra calories. Anyone have any thoughts?

Next time I may also look into getting an AI. I really do not like the thought of this only due to finding a trusted/legitimate source. It just seems like for every good review there is a bad one. I don't necessarily feel like I need one but I do believe that there is a link between between excess estrogen and cancer. We will see.
    Great update, congrats on the progress. Remember estrogen helps with joint health, so no AI and higher E and E2 may in fact contribute to "better" feeling joints. Anyway, keep lifting. It is a great feeling when your quads get mildly sore for one day instead agony for 5!!

25. Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post
    Great update, congrats on the progress. Remember estrogen helps with joint health, so no AI and higher E and E2 may in fact contribute to "better" feeling joints. Anyway, keep lifting. It is a great feeling when your quads get mildly sore for one day instead agony for 5!!
    Never really thought about the added benefit of higher E & E2. I guess I always focused on the negatives. I guess I also get sucked into the "you have to have your E2 between this and that" to feel good. Maybe elevated E2 levels for a short period aren't all that bad. That being said, I am looking forward to going back to my TRT dose, as I know I do feel better.

I am hoping to retain a lot of the gains I have had during this Blast. I guess maybe keeping calories up for a bit and tapering training slowly down is going to be my best bet. I know there is some water but hopefully not the majority of it.

Thanks pappybay.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. TNICK7's 2 WEEK SD BLAST LOG
    By tnick7 in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 02:57 PM
  2. Motiv8erjr's log... it makes Glen and Beelze look short!
    By motiv8erJR in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 293
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 10:34 PM
  3. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 09:19 PM
  4. Replies: 83
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 11:59 AM