Short blast log

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Registered User
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6001

    Quote Originally Posted by UJMRYDER View Post
    Belated update. Finally getting my normal schedule back.

    Workouts have been great. Mood is good but libido may be suffering a little bit. I may just be getting worn out. I'll be a better judge when I am back in my normal routine. I am also at the start of what I believe to be a sinus infection. I think that is having some negative impacts as well. I'll give a much better update towards the end of the week.

    Weight is up about 3.5 lbs.
    Sounds like decent progress

  2. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,126
    Rep Power
    1131950

    Just a 2 week post blast follow up. I dropped to 60mg e3.5d immediately after and within 2 days started to feel peaceful again. All edge is gone and energy is actually up. I have dropped back to 210-212lbs- mainly due to cutting back to about 3500 maintenance calories, but all lifts have remained and the best part is that my average BP has gone from 142 over 85 (based on 4 checks) to 126 over 76. I do think that this is partially adding to my increased energy.

    Goal is to keep lifts, increase cardio, and attempt to keep weight where it is. I'll update 2 weeks from now, so a full month off. That should be a good representation of what can be done.
  3. Registered User
    corvettels3's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Age
    38
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    123

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnyboombots View Post
    Your trt doctor is gonna be like WTF happened to you. Lol
    Funny you should say that. I had an appointment a few months ago and my physician told me my back was looking huge. My response, oh yeah I started taking creatine
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Vinnyboombots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    932
    Rep Power
    2497276

    Quote Originally Posted by corvettels3 View Post

    Funny you should say that. I had an appointment a few months ago and my physician told me my back was looking huge. My response, oh yeah I started taking creatine
    And I've been eating a lot of protein . Lol
  5. Registered User
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6001

    Quote Originally Posted by corvettels3 View Post
    Funny you should say that. I had an appointment a few months ago and my physician told me my back was looking huge. My response, oh yeah I started taking creatine
    F U N N Y, he probably shook his head yes and then moved on.......
  6. Registered User
    UJMRYDER's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    75

    Short Update

    I've been sick. I have had what I think is a sinus infection although (knock on wood) it seems to be getting better. Just a stuffy head, sore throat, lack of energy, crappy kind of feeling. I have still been training but my appetite has suffered with being sick. What great timing. I have had sinus infections/problems in the past but never in the summer. Weird.

    Of course this lead me to worrying that I really messed up my blood work, red blood cell count, etc. So I went ahead and had blood work done (privatemd labs). Bad news is my white blood cells / lymphocils were slightly elevated I guess do to being sick. I don't think too much a big deal. The good news is my red blood cells / hematicrit levels are better than they have been before. I was pleased to see that because it did cause me concern not knowing about it.

    My T level was 1376 which is great but my Estroidal was 79 on a range of like 5-44 or something like that. I have been taking one erase a day so I will try taking two. I do not know if it is doing anything but I figure it cant hurt. I do not feel bloated and I feel like my libido has been good right up to the point of getting sick. this sinus crap just wears me out. I do think that I have had some anxiety issues due to the elevated estroidal but I feel a little better getting bloods done and not being as sick as I was. Just some observations.

    Strength is really up. Even sick, I am breezing through workouts and that is with increasing the loads. Joints actually feel better than they ever have. Take out being sick and I think this experiment has been awesome. Oh yeah, I have been putting off buying larger shirts for a while (because I am a cheap bastard) but this has put me over the edge. The last couple of weekends I have spent some time shopping. Weight is now up about 6.5 lbs. I wish it were more but I don't think a lot is water retention. I am sure some is but hopefully not the majority. I am going to go til the beginning of August. If I end up with 7-8 lbs of gains that I can keep I will be very happy.

    Side note: I really do not think I look any bigger or act any different but one guy I know asked me if I had been hitting the weights extra hard. I jokingly said that I have just been buying smaller shirts. He said whatever I was doing to keep it up. Another dude I met referred to me as "Diesel". Kind of funny because I am not a big dude and try to slip under the radar whenever I can. Just weird.

    More updates to come as I squeeze ungodly amounts of snot out of my head.
  7. Registered User
    Vinnyboombots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    932
    Rep Power
    2497276

    Quote Originally Posted by UJMRYDER View Post
    Short Update

    I've been sick. I have had what I think is a sinus infection although (knock on wood) it seems to be getting better. Just a stuffy head, sore throat, lack of energy, crappy kind of feeling. I have still been training but my appetite has suffered with being sick. What great timing. I have had sinus infections/problems in the past but never in the summer. Weird.

    Of course this lead me to worrying that I really messed up my blood work, red blood cell count, etc. So I went ahead and had blood work done (privatemd labs). Bad news is my white blood cells / lymphocils were slightly elevated I guess do to being sick. I don't think too much a big deal. The good news is my red blood cells / hematicrit levels are better than they have been before. I was pleased to see that because it did cause me concern not knowing about it.

    My T level was 1376 which is great but my Estroidal was 79 on a range of like 5-44 or something like that. I have been taking one erase a day so I will try taking two. I do not know if it is doing anything but I figure it cant hurt. I do not feel bloated and I feel like my libido has been good right up to the point of getting sick. this sinus crap just wears me out. I do think that I have had some anxiety issues due to the elevated estroidal but I feel a little better getting bloods done and not being as sick as I was. Just some observations.

    Strength is really up. Even sick, I am breezing through workouts and that is with increasing the loads. Joints actually feel better than they ever have. Take out being sick and I think this experiment has been awesome. Oh yeah, I have been putting off buying larger shirts for a while (because I am a cheap bastard) but this has put me over the edge. The last couple of weekends I have spent some time shopping. Weight is now up about 6.5 lbs. I wish it were more but I don't think a lot is water retention. I am sure some is but hopefully not the majority. I am going to go til the beginning of August. If I end up with 7-8 lbs of gains that I can keep I will be very happy.

    Side note: I really do not think I look any bigger or act any different but one guy I know asked me if I had been hitting the weights extra hard. I jokingly said that I have just been buying smaller shirts. He said whatever I was doing to keep it up. Another dude I met referred to me as "Diesel". Kind of funny because I am not a big dude and try to slip under the radar whenever I can. Just weird.

    More updates to come as I squeeze ungodly amounts of snot out of my head.
    Sinus infections suck. How much longer do you have on your blast?
  8. Registered User
    UJMRYDER's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    75

    3.5 Weeks left on Blast. Hopefully the most productive
  9. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,126
    Rep Power
    1131950

    I had a sinus infection this spring that I caught from the kids and it last almost 4 weeks. They are the worst.
  10. Registered User
    TRTDetroit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    378

    Wish you a speedy recovery. Thanks for the update
  11. Registered User
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6001

    Great update. Are you keeping your calorie count up? The E2 would be very high for me personally. Good that you are handling it. I think most people recommend mid-range as a good run rate.
  12. Registered User
    UJMRYDER's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    75

    I've been trying to get in my calories but I really have had a crappy appetitie being sick. I am feeling much better and eating and training are getting back in line.

    I believe I will be getting a nice rib eye, sweet potato and some shrooms in line this evening.

    E2 is high but I believe it is/was the sinus issue that had me feeling like crap. Do not think its an infection now that I am feeling better. I was always told that you need antibiotics if it is an infection. Kinda feel like a sissy, it really kicked the **** out of me this time.
  13. Registered User
    UJMRYDER's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    75

    Update:

    About 2.5 weeks left on Blast. I have had an awesome week training and nutritionally wise. My training has increased in volume as well as frequency. I guess the same can be said for food as well. Nutrition has been the hardest to keep up with. Between the time of meal prep and the extra amount of intake it can be taxing. I loike to eat but I can go multiple hours without eating as well. This has been the hardest part. I get busy on projects around the house or I am out and about and its hard to just stop what I am doing and eat. I've tried to do some simple stuff just to help with this like using almond milk in all of my shakes as opposed to water and spooning some peanut butter into my pie hole as a snack when I pass by the pantry. Not ideal but I am doing what I can.

    Workouts are awesome as well. Each workout I am able to best what I did before. I am sure that this is due to the extra test as well as the extra calories. Its really a gas being able to lift this heavy without having to take days off in between. What really perplexes me, however, is my joints. My joints feel better that they ever have. I've read where too much T reduces collegen and lifting too heavy destroys your joints. I have found the opposite.

    Weight is up 10 lbs from the start.

    I will definitely do this again during the winter but I am also looking forward to getting back to my TRT dose. I am dealing with a little anxiety and I will not mind a break from the extra eating as well. On that note I am looking for an opinion or two. I have thought that maybe next time I do this I will look into getting some "meal replacement shakes". I know that this is not ideal but I wonder if It will make it easier to deal with taking in the extra calories. Anyone have any thoughts?

    Next time I may also look into getting an AI. I really do not like the thought of this only due to finding a trusted/legitimate source. It just seems like for every good review there is a bad one. I don't necessarily feel like I need one but I do believe that there is a link between between excess estrogen and cancer. We will see.
  14. Registered User
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6001

    Quote Originally Posted by UJMRYDER View Post
    Update:

    About 2.5 weeks left on Blast. I have had an awesome week training and nutritionally wise. My training has increased in volume as well as frequency. I guess the same can be said for food as well. Nutrition has been the hardest to keep up with. Between the time of meal prep and the extra amount of intake it can be taxing. I loike to eat but I can go multiple hours without eating as well. This has been the hardest part. I get busy on projects around the house or I am out and about and its hard to just stop what I am doing and eat. I've tried to do some simple stuff just to help with this like using almond milk in all of my shakes as opposed to water and spooning some peanut butter into my pie hole as a snack when I pass by the pantry. Not ideal but I am doing what I can.

    Workouts are awesome as well. Each workout I am able to best what I did before. I am sure that this is due to the extra test as well as the extra calories. Its really a gas being able to lift this heavy without having to take days off in between. What really perplexes me, however, is my joints. My joints feel better that they ever have. I've read where too much T reduces collegen and lifting too heavy destroys your joints. I have found the opposite.

    Weight is up 10 lbs from the start.

    I will definitely do this again during the winter but I am also looking forward to getting back to my TRT dose. I am dealing with a little anxiety and I will not mind a break from the extra eating as well. On that note I am looking for an opinion or two. I have thought that maybe next time I do this I will look into getting some "meal replacement shakes". I know that this is not ideal but I wonder if It will make it easier to deal with taking in the extra calories. Anyone have any thoughts?

    Next time I may also look into getting an AI. I really do not like the thought of this only due to finding a trusted/legitimate source. It just seems like for every good review there is a bad one. I don't necessarily feel like I need one but I do believe that there is a link between between excess estrogen and cancer. We will see.
    Great update, congrats on the progress. Remember estrogen helps with joint health, so no AI and higher E and E2 may in fact contribute to "better" feeling joints. Anyway, keep lifting. It is a great feeling when your quads get mildly sore for one day instead agony for 5!!
  15. Registered User
    UJMRYDER's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    75

    Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post
    Great update, congrats on the progress. Remember estrogen helps with joint health, so no AI and higher E and E2 may in fact contribute to "better" feeling joints. Anyway, keep lifting. It is a great feeling when your quads get mildly sore for one day instead agony for 5!!
    Never really thought about the added benefit of higher E & E2. I guess I always focused on the negatives. I guess I also get sucked into the "you have to have your E2 between this and that" to feel good. Maybe elevated E2 levels for a short period aren't all that bad. That being said, I am looking forward to going back to my TRT dose, as I know I do feel better.

    I am hoping to retain a lot of the gains I have had during this Blast. I guess maybe keeping calories up for a bit and tapering training slowly down is going to be my best bet. I know there is some water but hopefully not the majority of it.

    Thanks pappybay.
  16. Registered User
    UJMRYDER's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    75

    Update:

    Holding steady at 10 lbs. Strength is stay through the roof.

    I have two weeks to go and I am hoping to put on another 2-3 lbs by the end of the run.

    The only bad side effect during this entire run has been anxiety. I believe this is due to E2. I am probably a little prone to this anyway so some of my injects have been put off a day or so. So it may end up being about 180mg a week to 200mg a week depending on how I feel. It is probably not a big deal but the whole anxiety thing freaks me out a little. And yes, the freaking out is really helpful to the anxiety.

    At the end of the two weeks to go I will be going on vacation. I will not be training so hopefully this will not have a huge negative impact on what I have gained. I figure it will be good to give my body a break anyway. I have ramped up my training and know that it is not sustainable for the long run.

    Oh yeah, still trying to eat more and keep the calories up. I have also cut my walks out altogether. I was trying to walk everyday for 45 minutes or so at lunch. This has worked out well since it has gotten a bit warmer out. I will, however, start back with my walks after the blast and vacation. Walks are good for my mood and mind as well. Good time to put on some tunes and just space out.
  17. Registered User
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6001

    I am on vacation, and have tried to work out. It is just not happening. I guess this will be good, as I will start my blast once back from vacation.

    I have read many times it is good to give your body a rest periodically.

    Sounds like you have had a huge success so far. I hope I can gain 90% of what you have accomplished.

    At 190 MG per week Plus HCG, I do think I am a little more moody. I'll bet what you're experiencing happens to a lot of people, but they don't talk about it.
  18. Registered User
    UJMRYDER's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    75

    I am going to reserve my judgement of success until I am a few weeks past the end of my blast. I am about 11 lbs heavier and a ****load stronger that when I first started but I also know that my E2 is elevated as well. I don't "feel" bloated but I would be a fool to believe that none of this is water weight. Next time I do this (yes, I will do this again) I am hoping not to get sick and have a good base of what not to do and what to do from this blast.

    A couple of things I should have been on top of a little more is eating more and training more. I know "well duh" but eating quite a bit more definitely takes planning and discipline. I really like to eat but there were a few times where I was like "I am really not hungry but I cant miss this chance to get some calories in".

    The training was just me being in a mental mindset of needing to rest in order to grow. I think normally sound logic but with the added test there really isn't a need to rest as often as before. Not needing the rest should have been my first clue.

    About a week and a half to go. I'll do a final update at the end of the blast and try to update weekly after that so we know if I passed or failed.
  19. Registered User
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6001

    Quote Originally Posted by UJMRYDER View Post
    I am going to reserve my judgement of success until I am a few weeks past the end of my blast. I am about 11 lbs heavier and a ****load stronger that when I first started but I also know that my E2 is elevated as well. I don't "feel" bloated but I would be a fool to believe that none of this is water weight. Next time I do this (yes, I will do this again) I am hoping not to get sick and have a good base of what not to do and what to do from this blast.

    A couple of things I should have been on top of a little more is eating more and training more. I know "well duh" but eating quite a bit more definitely takes planning and discipline. I really like to eat but there were a few times where I was like "I am really not hungry but I cant miss this chance to get some calories in".

    The training was just me being in a mental mindset of needing to rest in order to grow. I think normally sound logic but with the added test there really isn't a need to rest as often as before. Not needing the rest should have been my first clue.

    About a week and a half to go. I'll do a final update at the end of the blast and try to update weekly after that so we know if I passed or failed.

    I hear you on the food. I literally dread how much I will need to eat on my blast. Even with planning it is a hassle, eat, eat, eat, and I DO like to eat.
  20. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,126
    Rep Power
    1131950

    Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post
    I am on vacation, and have tried to work out. It is just not happening. I guess this will be good, as I will start my blast once back from vacation.

    I have read many times it is good to give your body a rest periodically.

    At 190 MG per week Plus HCG, I do think I am a little more moody. I'll bet what you're experiencing happens to a lot of people, but they don't talk about it.
    A deload is one of the most beneficial things you can do. Add them in about every 7-8 weeks and take a full week off. Vacation is the best time to do it because you actually get to enjoy yourself and not be concerned about hitting the weights.

    I would all but guarantee your moodiness is from the HCG. I won't get into it because everyone knows my stance on it, but I'd say that if you feel the need to take it, probably want to look into also adding an AI.
  21. Registered User
    UJMRYDER's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    75

    Okay, last update before vacation. This is also the last week of my blast. Weight is up 13 lbs.

    The Good:
    Strength, recovery, and joints are at an all time high. It is really silly the amount of strength I have gained. For example; before say I was doing BP sets of 225 and struggling on the last set, I am now doing sets of 255 and often I am mad at myself for not upping the weight at least on the last set. Similar situation for all of lifts. Almost makes it hard to get 100% out of your workouts.
    Visited good friends we hadn't seen in several weeks. Friends wife called later and asked if I was on "roids". She is unaware of my TRT. Wife echoed the same to me after the phone call. She asked me if I was taking anything else. I said no and that I have been just eating and training more. Felt a little bad but didn't want her to worry.
    I don't know what it is called, something like body dismorphia or something but I now know how people can suffer from this. I have had several people comment in the last 6 weeks or so on my size (good things). I have also had to start buying larger shirts (been needing to for a little while but not as much and I am a cheap bastard). I know I am bigger but I really dont feel like I am bigger. I see stuff I need to improve on more than anything. I am happy with myself but it does give me a little insight to people that have a bad problem with this. I guess sometimes we can be our own worst critic/enemy.
    More good; sides have been mild. I know I have some water retention. Libido has been fine but perhaps a little lower. Anxiety has been the worst but managable.

    The Bad:
    Pants are tighter. Diet was as clean as it should have been the last few weeks. Pissed at myself for this. Live and learn I guess. Part of the pants issue is that a lot of the tightness is in the thighs and the ass. I know I have made good gains in these areas. I do not have big legs so it is nice to see it but the pants are a pain in the ass. I don't know how you guys with big legs find pants to fit.
    I kind of don't want to stop the blast. I will because I know I will feel better but it makes it hard to give up the results I am getting. I did start TRT after all to stop feeling like crap.

    I will update after vacation and update in the weeks after to see what I retain. I will also do this again but it will not be for a while.
  22. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,126
    Rep Power
    1131950

    Quote Originally Posted by UJMRYDER View Post
    Visited good friends we hadn't seen in several weeks. Friends wife called later and asked if I was on "roids". She is unaware of my TRT. Wife echoed the same to me after the phone call. She asked me if I was taking anything else. I said no and that I have been just eating and training more. Felt a little bad but didn't want her to worry.
    I don't know what it is called, something like body dismorphia or something but I now know how people can suffer from this. I have had several people comment in the last 6 weeks or so on my size (good things). I have also had to start buying larger shirts (been needing to for a little while but not as much and I am a cheap bastard). I know I am bigger but I really dont feel like I am bigger. I see stuff I need to improve on more than anything. I am happy with myself but it does give me a little insight to people that have a bad problem with this. I guess sometimes we can be our own worst critic/enemy.
    Yep, I deal with this and my best out is the fact that my dad is a beast at 74. I play the genetics card and the joke amongst everyone we know is that it is just my eastern European background (German and Hungarian). We have had friends coming around that we haven't seen in a long while and they are kind of taken back. I have always been more muscular than most, but when one of my wife's friends made a comment that, "damn, Andy looks great, but he is like a monster..." it is an odd feeling. I look and feel great, but when people that aren't athletic or workout notice that you are a "monster" it makes me think for a second if I am "too big". I hate that comment and I hate that idea because it comes from weak, lazy people, but it does make me think for a very brief moment.

    As far as the roids comments, I lived with that for the last year or two at work and now those same middle age guys are asking what they can do. LOL. I am never telling them about TRT because they need to figure out the hard way.
  23. Registered User
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6001

    Quote Originally Posted by UJMRYDER View Post
    Okay, last update before vacation. This is also the last week of my blast. Weight is up 13 lbs.


    I will update after vacation and update in the weeks after to see what I retain. I will also do this again but it will not be for a while.

    Brother, you have had awesome success with this. I have learned a lot reading your updates and appreciate you for taking the time. I am VERY interested in how your gain retention works out. I am just staring a blast, second week and my workouts are already getting crazy. Enjoy your vacation. We will be here waiting for the next update.

  24. Registered User
    UJMRYDER's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    75

    Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post
    Brother, you have had awesome success with this. I have learned a lot reading your updates and appreciate you for taking the time. I am VERY interested in how your gain retention works out. I am just staring a blast, second week and my workouts are already getting crazy. Enjoy your vacation. We will be here waiting for the next update.

    Thanks for the kind words. I am back from vacation and have gone back down to my TRT dose (80mg) per week. The TRT dose was taken 1 week and two days after my last 100 mg blast dose. Vacation was decent. Lots of relaxing. I enjoyed the down time but it did wear me out a little not being able to train. I know a rest is a good idea but it is hard to throttle down after going so hard for a while.

    Weight is basically the same from when I left. I expected this but was not sure how it was going to play out. Vacation = out of whack diet. I did train yesterday and was very pleased with strength. I lifted at the same level as when I left. Of course, I had a nice rest but wasn't sure I would get back into it at the same level. Hopefully this continues to be the case. Already feeling a little better with the anxiety as well. Super pleased with the results but a touch disappointed in myself with the diet towards the end.

    Next several weeks will be eating better (and less) and working in my walking and limited cardio. I know I put on some fat so I will be trying to get rid of that. I will do some weekly updates on my status. Thanks again for everyone's support and help.
  25. Registered User
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6001

    Quote Originally Posted by UJMRYDER View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. I am back from vacation and have gone back down to my TRT dose (80mg) per week. The TRT dose was taken 1 week and two days after my last 100 mg blast dose. Vacation was decent. Lots of relaxing. I enjoyed the down time but it did wear me out a little not being able to train. I know a rest is a good idea but it is hard to throttle down after going so hard for a while.

    Weight is basically the same from when I left. I expected this but was not sure how it was going to play out. Vacation = out of whack diet. I did train yesterday and was very pleased with strength. I lifted at the same level as when I left. Of course, I had a nice rest but wasn't sure I would get back into it at the same level. Hopefully this continues to be the case. Already feeling a little better with the anxiety as well. Super pleased with the results but a touch disappointed in myself with the diet towards the end.

    Next several weeks will be eating better (and less) and working in my walking and limited cardio. I know I put on some fat so I will be trying to get rid of that. I will do some weekly updates on my status. Thanks again for everyone's support and help.

    Thanks for the update. Sounds like you are in a position to keep the gains. That is great news.
  26. Registered User
    UJMRYDER's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    75

    Two weeks post blast update:

    With a full week of training under my belt I have had ups and downs. The ups and downs, more specifically, concern training. I had a couple of sessions that I was just not completing my lifts like I was before. This was extremely discouraging. Then towards the latter part of this week I exceeded some lifts and just generally felt stronger. Apparently the vacation made me weaker and more tired. Aren't vacations supposed to be revitalizing?

    Weight is down about 2.5-3 lbs. This is good. I guess I was carrying a good bit of extra water. I do not appear as big as I was but my stomach is a whole lot less bloated as well. I definitely feel better and the anxiety is nice to have gone. I am just thankful that overall my strength is still up.

    Again, next time I will search out an AI and probably run the blast longer than my 7.5-8 weeks. I think 8 weeks is a little on the short side but we will see in the next few weeks or so.
  27. Registered User
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6001

    I am three weeks into my blast and my strength gains are really evident. My weight is up about 4 lbs. I am making excellent improvements in my back and legs, not so much on chest.

    Was food, i.e., eating enough calories, an issue for you?

    BTW, GREAT UPDATE
  28. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,126
    Rep Power
    1131950

    You aren't going to notice big gains in strength from the test, but you will gain size and weight. The strength increases will come from the decreased recovery time and the ability to train harder and longer. If you aren't taking advantage of that, then you'll see minimal increase in strength. Did you change up your routine for your blast?
  29. Registered User
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    27130

    Loved the log. Making me think I should do the 250/ week and see what I can get out of it.

    Did you use the Adex all blast long? Couldn't figure that part out.
  30. Registered User
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    27130

    So, both kisaj and UJM, you guys were both doing the 200mg split up in two 100mg injections per week?

    I was thinking of doing 400mg a week split in to two 200mg injections, but I honestly think 200mg EW may serve me better.

    I took one 200mg injection on Wednesday night and have been in a pissy mood ever since. Anxiety and worry also seem much higher....you both obviously made great gains with whatever you did. Did you use an AI throughout?

    I did a blast of 400mg for about 5-6 weeks late last year and had a great recomp...but, I've since got a promotion at work and have about 60-70 people under me...don't want to be a loose cannon and anxious!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. TNICK7's 2 WEEK SD BLAST LOG
    By tnick7 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 12:57 PM
  2. Motiv8erjr's log... it makes Glen and Beelze look short!
    By motiv8erJR in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 293
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 08:34 PM
  3. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 07:19 PM
  4. Replies: 83
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 09:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in