High Estradiol - need help

Florida

Awards
47-yo male

Initial dx 8-20-12 with low T
Testosterone, Total 299 ng/dl
Testosterone, Free .55 ng/dl

Urologist put me on compounded Testosterone USP 60mg/ml 2pumps 1x day

Estradiol was elevated, had symptoms including enlarged breasts, moody and slight ED

Started taking zinc picolinate 50mg 1 - 2x day
Started taking Vit C 1000mg 1 -1x day

Estradiol was still high but can't find test results....

Urologist referred me to a Endocrinologist

Endocrinologist moved me to Testosterone Ennanthate 200mg at 50mg 2x week

Most recent results DSI

Testosterone, Serum 899 ng/dL
Testosterone, Free 23.0 ng/dL
Estradiol, Roche ECLIA Method 50.3 pg/mL

Still have symptoms mentioned above, begged Endo for AI such as Arimidex to reduce Estradiol. Endo says they don't prescribe AI for this and have referred me to an Anti-Aging Clinic....

Does anyone have an opinion if the Estradiol is too high relative to T?

Do you need more info?

Should I try to find a new Endo who will prescribe an AI

Are there any supplements I should use to reduce Estradiol?

Thanks

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
That level would have me sleeping for most of the day and feeling like you know what. Endo is clueless......find a new doc. My opinion.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I agree with pap. Get a second opinion.

Or, there are OTC supps available that cut E2. I've been taking 7-MF daily to compensate for high caffeine use and it's done the job very well.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7-MF? methoxyflavone?

MIGUEL1J

MIGUEL1J

Awards
Do you drink a lot of alcohol or drink a few a day. Alcohol will shoot your estrogen up. If you want to go all natural There's DIM, I3C, and there's a product called myomin. I have tried all 3, if these don't work then go with adex or letro

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Do you drink a lot of alcohol or drink a few a day. Alcohol will shoot your estrogen up. If you want to go all natural There's DIM, I3C, and there's a product called myomin. I have tried all 3, if these don't work then go with adex or letro
Be careful with I3C. It may work, but it induces isozymes that can have unpredictable effects too. I wouldn't touch the stuff without careful consideration.

texas_archer

Awards
Yes, 7-Methoxyflavone. (125mg/d)

It works so well that I only take it 5 days/wk, and skip 2 consecutive days (Sat, Sun).
What brand do you use and where do you order it from?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
What brand do you use and where do you order it from?
I'm a QC analyst who tests raw materials, so I don't use a commercial brand per say. I test raws constantly and have plenty of left overs for myself usually, but AthleticXtreme (AX) sells a new product called MassFX Black, also a product called Advanced PCT that both contain 150mg/d amounts. I can vouch for the quality of the raws in those 2 products. I'm not sure who else is marketing it or if any company sells a solo version, but I've personally researched and tested all these new and old AI flavones and 7-MF is by far the most effective.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is extremely easy to find AI online without any prescriptions. I don't know anyone that uses an AI that actually has their doc write a script for them.

Florida

Awards
May have one drink a week sometimes two, most of the time none....

Thanks to everyone for the replies, keep 'em coming...

vassille

Awards
It is extremely easy to find AI online without any prescriptions. I don't know anyone that uses an AI that actually has their doc write a script for them.
What he said

Florida

Awards
Thanks; would you mind P.M'ing a link?

I'm strictly above board, and discuss all meds and sups with medical advisors due to sensitivity to interactions...