47 - Doc says test is low side of normal?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, what did your doc say when you asked him this same question? Because I know there is no way you walked out of the office with the intention of asking this forum what he meant.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Yeah, the guy selling me the car said it was super faaasssstttt...............

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
If he did not explain things to you I'd find a new doctor. Especially if he didn't suggest trt.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I was tested a year or so ago, my doc told me there are ranges of course. (say for my age the normal range was 400-700) I can tell you I was not high side, more low side, even so, no treatment from him since I was still in the range.
I also think levels can wave, so if they test me one week and it is 424, but then the next week it may be higher, so they can't pin specifics and don't just prescribe for levels in low but normal range.

amdd1124

Awards
I think it means different things for different people as well, low to you might be ok for someone else. I was recently tested (43 year old male) and my test level was 300. Doctor said it was on the low side of normal but I can feel a big difference. It's not low enough for him to prescribe any medication but it definitely low enough for me to feel the effects.

Vinnyboombots

Vinnyboombots

Awards
I think it means different things for different people as well, low to you might be ok for someone else. I was recently tested (43 year old male) and my test level was 300. Doctor said it was on the low side of normal but I can feel a big difference. It's not low enough for him to prescribe any medication but it definitely low enough for me to feel the effects.
I don't think that he's listening. I think OP just made this one post and left the country. With his low side of normal test levels.