TRT and snoring

Charlieg

Awards
I've been on trt for 6 months. Tested this week and am at 1000. Doc wants me to lower dose. Im experiencing awful snoring since starting trt. Has this happened to anyone else? I am tired all the time now.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never heard of snoring being an issue, but snoring does have a strong affect on the quality of your sleep and could be why you are tired. You don't say if 1000 is your peak or valley and any other numbers, so it is impossible to even guess if this is a variable.

Arliman

Awards
TRT can worsen sleep apnea. Your endocrinologist should have discussed some of the side effects. The anabolic response can increase neck girth and tongue size which can occlude your airway if you are already prone to snoring. If you feel you're not getting any restful sleep, talk to your primary doc and see if a sleep study is appropriate.

I was on TRT for 2 months when my wife noticed a massive increase in my snoring and periods of not breathing. Had a sleep study done that confirmed severe obstructive sleep apnea. Had to get a CPAP but getting restful sleep is worth the annoyance, especially if you're lifting heavy. You can't gain if you can't recover properly.

vassille

Awards
I've been on trt for 6 months. Tested this week and am at 1000. Doc wants me to lower dose. Im experiencing awful snoring since starting trt. Has this happened to anyone else? I am tired all the time now.
yes it does happen. I tried to lose as much body fat as possible and stay lean and it seems to help to a certain degree but not sure if it's a good solution.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Funny because my wife said I snore more now. Used to be just when I drank but since being on TRT I guess I snore all the time now. I can't hear it though...lol

vassille

Awards
Funny because my wife said I snore more now. Used to be just when I drank but since being on TRT I guess I snore all the time now. I can't hear it though...lol
that's because now you are always drunk dont blame it on trt..lol:)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hahaha

the only time I ever snore is when I've been drinking and my wife always elbows me.