Questions about TRT bloodwork.

atl3128

Awards
I am 35 years old and I have been TRT for the last 8 months or so. I have to go back to the Dr in may for blood work before he will continue my TRT Rx. I am taking 200 mg Test Cyp every week right now so how long should I wait after my last injection before I get my bloodwork done so my natural levels would be at the lowest? I am trying to get him to up my dose to 250 mg per week.

napalm

napalm

Awards
250 is a mini cycle not trt.

What were your test and e2 levels at 200?

atl3128

Awards
My test levels prior to going on Trt were 150. I asked him to up my dose to 250mg and he said I would have have blood work done after my last injection at 200mg.

napalm

napalm

Awards
My test levels prior to going on Trt were 150. I asked him to up my dose to 250mg and he said I would have have blood work done after my last injection at 200mg.
You haven't had any blood work done since you started?

atl3128

Awards
Yes and that's when he increased my dose to 200mg because my levels were still too low. He then wrote me a rx and told me to come back after 6 months to get blood work done because my insurance only covers it twice a year

napalm

napalm

Awards
What was the first dose and what was your test level?

How long after injection was your lab test?

Need more info bro...

atl3128

Awards
My 1st dose was 100 mg per week and my test level was around 330 something 7 days after injection. What I was trying to figure out was how long after my last injection of 200 per week should I wait until I get my bloodwork done?

atl3128

Awards
I don't want my levels to be too high because I didn't wait long enough before getting bloodwork done.

napalm

napalm

Awards
What I don't understand is why do you want to go to 250, when you don't even know what your levels were at 200?

You will have e2 issues at 250. I'd like to know what it was at 200.

My spidey senses are going off on this one...

atl3128

Awards
Because I upped the dose myself to 250 and I felt much better, more energy and better libido

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Wait around 7-10 days if you only inject once a week

. Or even better inject 100mgs every 3 days and see how you feel. More isn't necessarily better. You'll be more stable at a higher level instead of 1 big increase and then a slow decline.

atl3128

Awards
Thanks I have been doing the injections twice a week and it does feel better. So I will wait 10 days to be safe thanks

vassille

Awards
I am 35 years old and I have been TRT for the last 8 months or so. I have to go back to the Dr in may for blood work before he will continue my TRT Rx. I am taking 200 mg Test Cyp every week right now so how long should I wait after my last injection before I get my bloodwork done so my natural levels would be at the lowest? I am trying to get him to up my dose to 250 mg per week.
No, dont go to 250. If anything lower dosage to less than 150 for 6 days then test. At 200 you could test high after one week and you end up geting your dosage cut down. There is very little need to run HRT at 250 a week because except some weird cases, test levels after a week at 250 may end up around 1000 which is at the tail end of the curve before another shot which will shoot your levels to 2000. Initially you will feel better at higher dosage but after a while it will go the other way once you body gets used to it and after few months gains will stop as well.
If you want to cycle it that's a different story, but you need to take supps and AI to mitigate the higher test levels. Cholesterol, high BP, and some other sides will start to creep up on you soon enough. It is normal to have 400 levels at the end of the week unless you start spliting to 2 shots a week.
I wouldnt stay on 250mg a week for ever but that's just me but I do occasionally cycle even higher dosages than that.:)
If you just want to test your levels at the lowest then do 100-125mg and test after 7 days. You may want to do private labs and see how your body reacts to the above dosage and time frame im suggesting before you go to the doctor.
If you 200mg and test after 7 days it will be closer to 800 from my experience but then again everyone is different .

atl3128

Awards
OK thanks for the input I haven't thought of it that way. So should I stick with 200mg and just wait 8-10 days before getting labs done??

atl3128

Awards
Or should I just do 100mg and wait the 8-10 days before labs

atl3128

Awards
Yeah that's my goal I don't care so much if he ups the dose but I certainly don't want him to reduce it

vassille

Awards
Or should I just do 100mg and wait the 8-10 days before labs
yeap, 100mg and test @7days after. THat should accomlish your goal. Give yourself 2-3 weeks to normalize your levels at 100mg a week regardless of how you feel.

atl3128

Awards
So are you saying I should remain at to 100mg level permanently? Or just for a period of time?

vassille

Awards
So are you saying I should remain at to 100mg level permanently? Or just for a period of time?
just for a while to keep your levels lower
After that you can do a "cycle" for 3-4 months at 250 a week if you get tested every 6 months, then go back to 150 a week for a month before testing again to show the increase of test from 200-250 if your doc increases your test to 250. Every time you make adjustments in your dosage it needs to reflect the bloodwork get my train of thought here?
In other words you run 100mg of test on top of your tested HRT but you have to back it down before testing because it will show way too high testosterone levels.

atl3128

Awards
just for a while to keep your levels lower
After that you can do a "cycle" for 3-4 months at 250 a week if you get tested every 6 months, then go back to 150 a week for a month before testing again to show the increase of test from 200-250 if your doc increases your test to 250. Every time you make adjustments in your dosage it needs to reflect the bloodwork get my train of thought here?
In other words you run 100mg of test on top of your tested HRT but you have to back it down before testing because it will show way too high testosterone levels.
Ok now I smell what you are cooking! Thanks thats what I was looking for thank you!

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Pretty sure most docs won't RX 250mg test/wk.

More is not always better...

w8lifter

w8lifter

Awards
Yep, less is more. Case in point; I was on 200 mg e2w for over a year and convinced my doc to up it to 400 mg e2w. I actually shot 200 every week and this for about 6 months. Latest bw showed total test and 600 and estrogen total (I know, wrong test) at 121 with ref range of 40 - 115. So all that extra test converted to estrogen. So I'm going lower and twice a week. The doc is having me se endo on May 28 to confirm his prescription, or basically get her "blessing" if you will. I'll ask about hcg and an AI.

atl3128

Awards
Yes the doctor said no to the 250mg per week no matter what my labs showed. He also said that the 200mg per week dose was the max and kept my levels of test around the upper limit of normal for me which if I remember correctly is around 1000 and my estrogen levels were slightly higher than he liked but were close enough that i didnt need and AI unless I wanted. I am still waiting for the results of my recent lab results. He specializes in HRT and has basically confirmed everything you guys have said so thanks for the solid advice.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Yes the doctor said no to the 250mg per week no matter what my labs showed. He also said that the 200mg per week dose was the max and kept my levels of test around the upper limit of normal for me which if I remember correctly is around 1000 and my estrogen levels were slightly higher than he liked but were close enough that i didnt need and AI unless I wanted. I am still waiting for the results of my recent lab results. He specializes in HRT and has basically confirmed everything you guys have said so thanks for the solid advice.
Sounds like you got a winner. If it was me, I'd use an AI

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I have Erase on hand do you think I need something stronger? I havent had any issues with gyno etc..
Well you don't WANT issues with gyno, for then it's too late. If your doc asked you if you want it, get the RX

atl3128

Awards
Yeah I guess I should go ahead and get the RX at least I would have it if I ever needed it.

atl3128

Awards
Well I got my lab results back and my test levels were 425 and my liver was slightly elevated at 44 ast and 60 alt and that was 6 weeks after a 5 week m-sten rx cycle at 20mg per day. They said the liver values were barely high and they were not real concerned.

vassille

Awards
Well I got my lab results back and my test levels were 425 and my liver was slightly elevated at 44 ast and 60 alt and that was 6 weeks after a 5 week m-sten rx cycle at 20mg per day. They said the liver values were barely high and they were not real concerned.
they were prob a lot higher during the cycle.

atl3128

Awards
I think they got a little elevated because I got strep throat right after the cycle and could sleep so I was taking some tylenol pm every night on top of the meds they gave me the Dr said acetaminophen will elevate liver values real quick in some people. Either way I am gonna pick up some. Tudca to go along with organ shield I am taking right now since I am in the 1st week of a mechabol cycle.

atl3128

Awards
Some tudca along with the Organ sheild should take care of it right?

vassille

Awards
Yes, and the liver will regenerate on its own as well.Just give it some time

cas1981

Awards
Im having a similar issue its been about 8 months since the last time I had my T levels checked, Im prescribed 200mg once every two weeks. The last time I had it checked I was right on the money for where I needed to be, but that was 8 months ago and I dont remember the numbers. I take Testosterone cypionate btw. Anyway I had a lot of extra T for awhile so I started taking 400mg a week and I dropped back down to 200mg last week. I need to go back in sometime in the next month or so to get my levels checked. How long do I need to wait until my higher levels get down to normal again?

atl3128

Awards
No worries on the thread! Are you on trt at 200mg every week or every two weeks? I am doing 100mg every three days and I waited 10 days and my levels were still a little over 400.

cas1981

Awards
I'm prescribed 200mg every two weeks which is what I went back to on the 23rd

atl3128

Awards
Are you trying to get the DR to prescribe you a higher dose? If you self inject I would inject 50mg and wait 8-10 days before getting your blood tests done which should give you pretty low results. Or you could get your own lab work done prior to going back to the DR and if it looks good take the results with you and just tell them that it was cheaper for you that way. I had a friend do this and it worked for Him at it was in fact $50 bucks cheaper than through his insurance.

cas1981

Awards
A higher dose would be cool, my main concern is that it isn't extremely high when I go in because of the 2000mg I took over the coarse of six weeks before the 23rd . I hear that the test C stays with ya for awhile . The last thing I want is for the doc to make me cut back

atl3128

Awards
I understand and I am far from an expert on this so maybe others can chime in. You could always lower your dose to 50mg per week for a couple of weeks and then after your last injection wait about ten days before your blood work.

cas1981

Awards
I'm at 200mg every other week. I'd like to be at 200 or wk

atl3128

Awards
I'm at 200mg every other week. I'd like to be at 200 or wk
If the DR wont give you 200 per week then do 100mg per week you will feel much better than 200mg every two weeks thats retarded

cas1981

Awards
Yeah that's what I'm gathering as I do more and more research. I think what ill do is take just 100mg and wait about 10 days before I get my blood work. Hopefully that will set me up to get a script for 200mg per wk.

atl3128

Awards
I would lower the dose two week in a row and the wait ten or more days to get the lowest level

cas1981

Awards
Since I'm supposed to take it every two weeks should I do it every two weeks twice and so on on just two weeks then ten days. Lol am I making sense ?

atl3128

Awards
I am on 200mg every week and I self inject 100mg every 3 days so what I did was two weeks prior to blood work I only did half a dose each week then waited another 12 days before blood tests and I was still over 400.