Always tired so I started a journey

T

TxAggie

Awards
I am a 31 year old male and lately I have been dragging butt and always tired. My gym gains are pretty flat and libido is low so I wanted some answers. I decided to start with my neurologist I see for care with my CMT through the MDA clinic. I asked him to check my testosterone levels and thyroid levels because of the symptoms and history with Prednisone.

History - I have had CMT my whole life and before much was known about it the doctors put me on Prednisone 10 mg every other day. I was then told after 25 years of taking the prednisone it does nothing to treat CMT symptoms so they asked me to get off of it. I obliged because that stuff is terrible in all kinds of ways.

1 year ago - I did a natural test booster stack (Erase / Anabeta / Formula-X) for 3 months and had good results in both strength and energy. Libido was great as well so I know that stack was working.

Today - all the symptoms of Low T and the results I got back look like this:

Testosterone , total, LC/MS/MS - 378 ng/dL (Range : 250-1100)
Testosterone Free - 76.5 pg/mL (Range : 35 - 155)
TSH - 1.53 mIU/L (Range : 0.4 - 4.5)
Lactic Acid / Plasma - 9 mg/dL (Range : 4-16)
Pyruvic Acid (Pyruvate) - 0.92 mg/dL (Range : 0.3-1.5)

The doctors looked at the numbers and said they were in the range so he told me it was good results but looking at numerous sources it says my T levels are that of a 50 -59 year old man. He said to pursue it further I'd need to go to an endocrinologist and he said to go to my primary care doctor for the referral. He then ordered a full "metabolic panel" what ever that is.

Do those results look "normal" for a 31 year old to you?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
**I do try to workout 3-5 days per week (if I have the energy & focus).

T

TxAggie

Awards
Matrix where are you at buddy? What are your thoughts on the numbers?

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm sure Matrix will have something, but keep in mind that just because you are "in range", that doesn't mean much. That range is for 18-80 year olds. So at 31, I sure as hell wouldn't be happy with test levels in the mid 300's.

T

TxAggie

Awards
I'm sure Matrix will have something, but keep in mind that just because you are "in range", that doesn't mean much. That range is for 18-80 year olds. So at 31, I sure as hell wouldn't be happy with test levels in the mid 300's.
Yeah that is what I am struggling with; I told him those numbers were pretty low for my age and he basically told me that if I wanted to pursue it further that I need to get my primary care doc (who I havnt seen in years) to refer me to an endocrinologist. I might just find one w/o the referral and make the visit. It kills me that my 42 year old workout buddy (same exercises and movements) makes steady strength gain where I just sit in my plateau..

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
More about how you feel than the numbers. I for one don't feel that great when I dip below 500ng. I can feel it, lethargy, poor workouts, lazy. But I have to play the game so I test in those levels for the doc ordered blood draws. It's hard to find a doctor you can work together with. But once you do, you can rest easy. I am still on this search...

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
...and I feel my most comfortable in the 500-700 range. It goes to show how everyone is so different and why doctors can't put a blanket "here's how it is going to go.." attitude with TRT.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
...and I feel my most comfortable in the 500-700 range. It goes to show how everyone is so different and why doctors can't put a blanket "here's how it is going to go.." attitude with TRT.
This. and when you have a stubborn one like mine, it turns into a game of deception to feel good, then not as good for appointments. Not ideal.

T

twistedfords

Awards
  • Established
I am almost the same age and have the same issue. But if I start pinning now doesnt that mean for life?

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well yeah, if you want normal or better levels of test. Provided you actually need it.

T

twistedfords

Awards
  • Established
I think I might try the clomid rout first. Two or three months. Seems to be working for a lot of guys

T

TxAggie

Awards
I dont want to just self treat like that; i know I can get the SERM easily online but I want to find out what a doctor says before I just go to getting it by other means. I just need a good endo doctor which is the hard part!