Family Heart Disease

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Guys, I'm 47 years old and I had a heart attack in January. I was in the best shape of my life and never expected this. At best, I'm 5 lbs over weight. I had 100% blockage in an artery even though I eat 90% clean. On a good note, doc says no tissue damage because my heart is strong.

Long story short, if you have a family history of heart disease, get checked out.

Jim

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Guys, I'm 47 years old and I had a heart attack in January. I was in the best shape of my life and never expected this. At best, I'm 5 lbs over weight. I had 100% blockage in an artery even though I eat 90% clean. On a good note, doc says no tissue damage because my heart is strong.

Long story short, if you have a family history of heart disease, get checked out.

Jim
Very true, doesn't matter how healthy you are or how hard you train. If you have a family history of heart disease there is a good chance you're gonna get hit with something heart related at some point.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Jim
How did your bloodwork look?

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
How did your bloodwork look?
Only thing they checked was blood enzymes and they were fine. I'm sitting in the doctors office right now for the rest of the blood test.

sfinnera

Awards
So you had a heart catheterization. If its 100 percent thats not good. likely it took time(years) to get there, so your body has a chance to create collateral arterial circulation...thats why your ventricles are still squeezing well enough. If it was an acute blockage you may not be here. So statins, aspirin, fish oils bp in check. I recommend watching the documentary forks over knives its at least interesting and its on netflix. Any questions id be happy to help. Typing this on a phone is horrible.

Rodraid

Awards
I'm sitting in the doctors office right now for the rest of the blood test.
I assume you are getting your cholesterol and triglycerides checked. Don't let the doctor do the "standard" cholesterol test. This is the most misleading test in medicine, IMHO.

Tell the doctor you want a VAP test or he may refer to it as a lypomed.

I can't remember the specifics of the "standard" but they measure HDL and then calculate LDL & triglycerides. The VAP test is direct measurement of your HDL, LDL, VLDL & LP(A). It also breaks down HDL into its two classes and LDL into its four classes. Based on these results you get a much clearer picture of your risk of cardiovascular disease, IMHO.

While your at it you should get your Vit D levels checked. From research I have read it will play a role in CVD.

Rod