New need advise

mac2525

Awards
Hello everyone. I am really new here. Been lifting on and off for years. Got dedicated about six months ago and have hit that wall us older guys do, I am 41. I have been doing a lot of reading and looking into the options. I dont think I want to go nuts and have been looking at getting on test.

I guess I am curious to the actual affects I will get, not what the commercials show! I weigh about 186 and would like to get down to a somewhat lean 170. I am only 5'9".

Also, not asking for a source but I dont want to go to my family doctor and I spoke with one of those online stores and it was going to cost me a bout a grand to get started, I know better than that.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why would you not want your family Dr to oversee your therapy? You obviously don't know what to do so go to an endocrine Dr. That would be a good option.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You say you are "hitting the wall", but don't go into any detail of what that means. Lifting on and off and then only for 6 months means nothing and isn't a reason to look to test.

So, are you looking to go on TRT or just run a cycle?

napalm

napalm

Awards
How about we start with some labs:

Test - free and total
Estradiol
CBC
Complete metabolic profile
Shbg

Let us know the results...

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Hello everyone. I am really new here. Been lifting on and off for years. Got dedicated about six months ago and have hit that wall us older guys do, I am 41. I have been doing a lot of reading and looking into the options. I dont think I want to go nuts and have been looking at getting on test.

I guess I am curious to the actual affects I will get, not what the commercials show! I weigh about 186 and would like to get down to a somewhat lean 170. I am only 5'9".

Also, not asking for a source but I dont want to go to my family doctor and I spoke with one of those online stores and it was going to cost me a bout a grand to get started, I know better than that.
Finding a "local" physician who is informed is definitely the best solution. The finding part may be a challenge. I can tell you that my "primary" care physician (a female) is NOT qualified. I am about 90% positive I know more they she does about TRT.......

I found a physician who is informed and it has been nice. I would suggest you call either an Endo or a Urologist. You can call their main line and ask to speak with a clinical CMA, RN of the office manager. They will know if the physician provides TRT.