Celiac Disease - AnabolicMinds.com

Celiac Disease

Stats
    6'5"  250 lbs.

Celiac Disease

I was just wondering if anyone else here is dealing with Celiac Disease? For those that don't know what it is, it is a gluten intolerance. I discovered I had it early last year. It has caused me to put on extra weight bc when gluten is consumed it releases cortisol and insulin which then is stored as fat, also will bloat you which is prob the worse part for me. I put on the extra weight while trying to figure out what was wrong with me. I'm going to start hitting the gym again and I was just curious if anyone else on here has the same issue. Maybe have some ideas of what type of supplements would be best to use. Most of the processed gluten free foods are empty calories and usually loaded with carbs and fat to make up for the gluten being taken out. My diet will mainly be lean meats, veggies and some brown rice. If anyone has any ideas that could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Re: Celiac Disease

A probiotic would prolly benefit you. Try gut health

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

The bloating is caused from the gluten intolerance. A probiotic won't help. U have to wait til the gut mucosa/villi start improving to absorb your foods nutrients which it sounds like you are doing since u don't mention any problems w/ diarrhea and your at is going up. Yes, the breads are loaded w/ fat because they don't stay together well and crumble apart. They have improved the flavor over the last 4 yrs but it will still take time. Try canada's celiac org, as they are using more bean flours that provide more fiber and elasticity for the bread. U just have to get the right flour breakdown. Keep trying. Take a vitamin B complex supplement due to the risk of deficiencies along w/ Vitamin D/Calcium due to increased risk of osteoporosis.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Celiac Disease ??
    By thegodfather in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 02:57 PM
  2. Supps for athlete with celiacs disease?
    By sjfou in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 12:51 PM
  3. Uniliver / Mad Cow Disease
    By Nelson in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-10-2003, 10:55 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 05:18 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 02:44 PM